Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Porter x3

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tomas, as our resident Vooking, what do you see in Kevin Porter's future?

#DoWeHaveAShot

He needs to work harder on defense and rebounding. BUT...he was matched up against Michael Porter Jr. all game, and managed to frustrate him into a few TOs while also putting the team on his back offensively. So maybe he just needs some competition to motivate him. He put on a lot of muscle since last year, so he looks more physically ready than Dejuante Murray to play college ball. He's not as good as Murray. But for what it's worth, Jamal Crawford thinks he's the best player in the state not named Michael Porter Jr. Obviously a little bias there, but JC is a very honest guy. I personally think Jaylen Nowell is a better player, but Kevin Porter is at worst the #4 player in the state.

His handles look sloppy one minute, and then he blows by everyone for a dunk/strong finish. Midrange and 3pt shot are his strength. Reminds me of ASU era James Harden with slightly worse handles. He's nowhere near as good as the NBA version of Harden, but that's basically his game.

No clue what our chances are re: recruiting. I don't follow that shit beyond what I hear from people. Word on the street is he has a UW offer, and will probably take it unless he gets a blue blood offer. Local guy, but raised by his uncle, so not as deep w/r/t family ties to the PNW. Losing him wouldn't be an epic fail like Peyton Siva was, but I like to keep the top in-state guys.

A class with Kevin Porter and Jontay Porter is at minimum a good class.
    My latest theory is that lefties are almost always better than they look/rate. I agree his handle looks loose and I don't love his shot, but I'm done underestimating the lefties. Count me with Crawford, my second favorite HS'er in the state right now.
    We lefties tend to get descriminated against. Oh and Kevin is the second best player in the state (he's better than Daejon, Jontay and Jaylen YES)
    Where they currently stand, I have it as:

1. MPJ
    2. Nowell
    3. K. Porter
    4. J. Porter
    5. Davis

2-5 are all very close.

The two juniors could still improve a lot by this time next year. Based on last year, Kevin would be 5th on this list, so he's trending in the right direction. I could also make a case for Jontay being a lot higher as the only legit post player on this list. FWIW, Harv says Davis has the highest ceiling. I don't disagree.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

#DoWeHaveAShot

He needs to work harder on defense and rebounding. BUT...he was matched up against Michael Porter Jr. all game, and managed to frustrate him into a few TOs while also putting the team on his back offensively. So maybe he just needs some competition to motivate him. He put on a lot of muscle since last year, so he looks more physically ready than Dejuante Murray to play college ball. He's not as good as Murray. But for what it's worth, Jamal Crawford thinks he's the best player in the state not named Michael Porter Jr. Obviously a little bias there, but JC is a very honest guy. I personally think Jaylen Nowell is a better player, but Kevin Porter is at worst the #4 player in the state.

His handles look sloppy one minute, and then he blows by everyone for a dunk/strong finish. Midrange and 3pt shot are his strength. Reminds me of ASU era James Harden with slightly worse handles. He's nowhere near as good as the NBA version of Harden, but that's basically his game.

No clue what our chances are re: recruiting. I don't follow that shit beyond what I hear from people. Word on the street is he has a UW offer, and will probably take it unless he gets a blue blood offer. Local guy, but raised by his uncle, so not as deep w/r/t family ties to the PNW. Losing him wouldn't be an epic fail like Peyton Siva was, but I like to keep the top in-state guys.

My latest theory is that lefties are almost always better than they look/rate. I agree his handle looks loose and I don't love his shot, but I'm done underestimating the lefties. Count me with Crawford, my second favorite HS'er in the state right now.
    We lefties tend to get descriminated against. Oh and Kevin is the second best player in the state (he's better than Daejon, Jontay and Jaylen YES)

1. MPJ
    2. Nowell
    3. K. Porter
    4. J. Porter
    5. Davis

2-5 are all very close.

The two juniors could still improve a lot by this time next year. Based on last year, Kevin would be 5th on this list, so he's trending in the right direction. I could also make a case for Jontay being a lot higher as the only legit post player on this list. FWIW, Harv says Davis has the highest ceiling. I don't disagree.
    There's a 7-3 junior at Richland who will make more money playing ball than three of those guys.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

#DoWeHaveAShot

1. MPJ
    2. Nowell
    3. K. Porter
    4. J. Porter
    5. Davis

2-5 are all very close.

There's a 7-3 junior at Richland who will make more money playing ball than three of those guys.

Who?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

#DoWeHaveAShot

1. MPJ
    2. Nowell
    3. K. Porter
    4. J. Porter
    5. Davis

2-5 are all very close.

I only care about 7-3 white guys if they come from ex-Soviet countries and have names that are hard to pronounce.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

#DoWeHaveAShot

1. MPJ
    2. Nowell
    3. K. Porter
    4. J. Porter
    5. Davis

2-5 are all very close.

I only care about 7-3 white guys if they come from ex-Soviet countries and have names that are hard to pronounce.
    Rilev Sorn!