Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ben Wilson, 3* 2018 ILB, Sumner, WA (Offered)

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,714
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    When he played against Woodinville in the State semifinal in a downpour Wilson was all over the field and such a ferocious hitter. Woodinville won 10-0.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He had 26 tackles last year for TCU largely as a reserve playing in 6 games ... best games was a 11 tackle performance against Baylor

Pretty sure he got passed big time this year and TCU’s defense is largely full of So/Jr so no real expectation of playing time to come.

Wouldn’t shock me if he ends up at Wazzu or Oregon St ... getting 11 tackles against Baylor (particularly last year’s Baylor team) tells me that he can definitely play at the P5 level. But he’s probably getting snaps at a bottom half of conference P5 not top half.

Then why does he need to leave TCU?
    Hardy Har Har

You know that TCU is an upper half Big 12 program and it's defense has long been one of the better ones in the conference.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He had 26 tackles last year for TCU largely as a reserve playing in 6 games ... best games was a 11 tackle performance against Baylor

Pretty sure he got passed big time this year and TCU’s defense is largely full of So/Jr so no real expectation of playing time to come.

Wouldn’t shock me if he ends up at Wazzu or Oregon St ... getting 11 tackles against Baylor (particularly last year’s Baylor team) tells me that he can definitely play at the P5 level. But he’s probably getting snaps at a bottom half of conference P5 not top half.

Hardy Har Har

You know that TCU is an upper half Big 12 program and it's defense has long been one of the better ones in the conference.
    I honestly don't disagree
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2020
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

They go like 5-7 every now for the past 4 years now. They’re the ASU of the Big 12.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

They go like 5-7 every now for the past 4 years now. They’re the ASU of the Big 12.
    Asu is the “sleeping giant”. Not sure I would say that about TCU.

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

ASU sucks.

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

ASU sucks.
    Yes. But they shouldn’t. But yet they almost always do.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who know Ben Wilson would have more tackles than Brandon "Pale Ale" Kaho?
    edited December 2020
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

Yeah TCU is more of Utah lite than ASU lite.

They're a cute try-hard overachieving program.
    Challenge in the Big 12 is that 3-7 range behind Oklahoma and Texas is tight

If you go by recruiting rankings TCU is usually 3rd in the conference

Obviously lots can change in the off-season but TCU was really young this year ... it would not shock me at all if they were a 10 win team next year and in the Big 12 title game
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

Obviously lots can change in the off-season but TCU was really young this year ... it would not shock me at all if they were a 10 win team next year and in the Big 12 title game
    And it wouldn’t shock anyone if they went 6-6. Patterson seemed to have it going for a while and then turned mediocre. That whole conference is much alike minus Oklahoma and Kansas.

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Hardy Har Har

And it wouldn’t shock anyone if they went 6-6. Patterson seemed to have it going for a while and then turned mediocre. That whole conference is much alike minus Oklahoma and Kansas.
    Patterson has had some significant QB issues and it's torpedoed the offensive side of the ball ... they have a QB the next 2 years so I'd expect that they'll be highly competitive in 2021 and 2022
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    In page 1 of this thread y’all discussing child bearing hips of HS boys. How have we progressed?

TommySQC said:

No

I don't want him either but I gotta ask... Did he steal ur girl at a party or somethin? Or is ur stance purely football?
    No. He sucks.
    Sober up torn you’re test
    What?
    Some people can't handle the booze
    I studied for a week. I’ll be fine. Shit is at like 4 pm. It’s not hard.
    Fupdate: got an A. 1 more semester away from being a soft broon!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

TommySQC said:

No

I don't want him either but I gotta ask... Did he steal ur girl at a party or somethin? Or is ur stance purely football?
    No. He sucks.
    What?
    Fupdate: got an A. 1 more semester away from being Chip Kelly's boi toi!
    dnc said:

TommySQC said:

No

No. He sucks.
    What?
    Fupdate: got an A. 1 more semester away from being Chip Kelly's boi toi!
    🤮🤮🤮