Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WRs next year

2»

Comments

• Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

skinned said:

Why not Alex Cook to replace JRoss next year? Not saying his level of production, but his ability to stretch the field and demand attention.

By no means am I an expert, but I think he will emerge as the best of the WR class. He's the real deal. He just plays faster than the other guys. Don't get me wrong - I like Jones and Bynum too.

I think Jones is the most different than from what we already have on the roster. Of course Jones isn't quite as fast as Cook, but he has great long speed for a 6'4" WR. Lenius might be a solid traditional "Go up and Get 'em" type WR, but Jones will allow us to have more versatility with our looks, in my opinion.

Cook looks like a RB out there, so he might get split out wide for bubble-screens early potentially.

I like while Bynum might be the most polished in terms of route-running early, I think he ends up as a slot-guy and we seem to have a bunch of guys in a similar mold to him, even if they don't quite have his ceiling.

WR is definitely a position I Really don't mind playing as a true freshman, but it will be fun to watch unfold.
    I think we are approaching it the same way, just have a different opinion. For me...

Jones = Lenius (this feels awful typing out...he will obviously be better)
    Bynum = Fuller
    Cook = ?????

I just don't see anybody on the roster that can match Cook's combo of playing speed, size, vision and physicality. Fully recognize I'm alone on this...but feel pretty strong that this will be the guy that ends up being the best of the bunch.

Out of curiosity...who was everyone's fave out of the Daniels/Stringfellow/Ross trifecta a few years ago?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    skinned said:

Why not Alex Cook to replace JRoss next year? Not saying his level of production, but his ability to stretch the field and demand attention.

By no means am I an expert, but I think he will emerge as the best of the WR class. He's the real deal. He just plays faster than the other guys. Don't get me wrong - I like Jones and Bynum too.

I like Cook because his offers are great and the TBS sites love him and mostly because my negro DDY loves him, but of the maybe ten kids film I watched this year (all UW commits at one point) he and Weddington were the ones where I was like "huh, not sure what the fuss is about".

I'm sure Cook will be great because I suck as a TBS'er, but my expectations for him are by far lower than the other two WRs (and Black Beast).
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm on oxys and it's raining. FUCK.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    skinned said:

skinned said:

I think Jones is the most different than from what we already have on the roster. Of course Jones isn't quite as fast as Cook, but he has great long speed for a 6'4" WR. Lenius might be a solid traditional "Go up and Get 'em" type WR, but Jones will allow us to have more versatility with our looks, in my opinion.

Cook looks like a RB out there, so he might get split out wide for bubble-screens early potentially.

I like while Bynum might be the most polished in terms of route-running early, I think he ends up as a slot-guy and we seem to have a bunch of guys in a similar mold to him, even if they don't quite have his ceiling.

WR is definitely a position I Really don't mind playing as a true freshman, but it will be fun to watch unfold.
    I think we are approaching it the same way, just have a different opinion. For me...

Bynum = Fuller
    Cook = ?????

I just don't see anybody on the roster that can match Cook's combo of playing speed, size, vision and physicality. Fully recognize I'm alone on this...but feel pretty strong that this will be the guy that ends up being the best of the bunch.

Out of curiosity...who was everyone's fave out of the Daniels/Stringfellow/Ross trifecta a few years ago?
    Cook might have a different general skillset than other WRs, but in terms of his role I don't think he's necessarily alone on this team.

I totally disagree on the Jones = Lenius comp. Outside of their size they do a lot of things differently. There's a reason Jones got a late OSU offer.

Just think of it this way. Chico has a general skillset closest to Ross, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be in the same role Ross had on this team.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    skinned said:

skinned said:

Bynum = Fuller
    Cook = ?????

You are not alone.

@chuck likes Cook as one of the best recruits in the whole class.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    skinned said:

skinned said:

Bynum = Fuller
    Cook = ?????

Tough call between Ross and String. I never really liked Daniels.
  • Options
    skinned said:

skinned said:

Bynum = Fuller
    Cook = ?????

Stringfellow wiff a bullet. I thought Ross was way overhyped, I wanted to love Daniels but the ball skills question was pretty strong, String seemed like the total package. I was dooging hard over him after the UCLA game.
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I'm on oxys and it's raining. FUCK.

Ummmm. Can I have some?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I forgot that Pettis did so well at the Husky combine last March. I hope he can step up and be the #1 guy but he'll need help or else teams will roll a safety his way often.

theolympian.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/huskies-insider-blog/article64461307.html

Lenius has all the makings of a breakout year. He went 26-307-3 as a true soph and redshirted this year so that Bush could push him towards being an upper half Pac-12 WR. But until that happens, it is tough to say he can actually do it.

Chico could be a number two but I don't recall seeing him run a lot of convention routes. Definitely not fun to defend and love his versatility.

Looks like it will be Fuller, the other guys, and a frosh battling for the rest of the PT.

Better pass protection and more production from the TE would be very helpful without a guy as dynamic as Ross visibly present on the roster.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,553
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kill a few receivers and start using a fullback once in a while. The soft Pac-12 defenses geared to stop faggy passing attacks are begging for it.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

skinned said:

the fuck does this mean? Why not KJ Young? Why not convert Dissly and have him play and beast everyone!!?!?!

John Ross is a unique guy and we used him in the way you can use him. The closest guy we have to him is Dante, but Dante is a totally different WR.

We aren't going to 'replace' JRIII with anyone. We are simply going to have a slightly different offense.

Fuck out of here with this doogman bullfuck.
    DDY definetly back to the Sauce!
  • Options

skinned said:

the fuck does this mean? Why not KJ Young? Why not convert Dissly and have him play and beast everyone!!?!?!

John Ross is a unique guy and we used him in the way you can use him. The closest guy we have to him is Dante, but Dante is a totally different WR.

We aren't going to 'replace' JRIII with anyone. We are simply going to have a slightly different offense.

Fuck out of here with this doogman bullfuck.
    DDY definetly back to the Sauce!
    back?