Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ty Jones visiting UCLA today

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Kids with egos love getting their cock sucked by the new girls when they start to notice them.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Take a Xanax, fucktards. The fact that the big boys are taking runs at Pete's commits means the right kids are (finally) committed. Welcome back to prime time, be glad an early signing period is coming, and be relieved Pete's retention rate is so good.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I hate recruiting.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The better players will always look around
    for a better situation. Pete needs to adjust
    to this and let recruits know that he is still
    recruiting to a position until papers are signed.
    All signs point to him basically not recruiting
    other DT's once Marlon gave a verbal. Think this
    needs to change. Ideally he gets to a place where
    he's telling these recruits that the spots go to whoever
    signs in December and he's happy with those signees.
    You can always save a couple of open slots for
    Marlon types.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    whuggy said:

What in the actual fuck is going on. Really thought making the cfp would help recruiting not make the best commits fucking leave. If jones goes to ucla where Mora hasn't done shit I don't get it. At this point let's bring back tosh to be shady as fuck.

Lag theory. 2018 needs to be
    a top 10 class.
    That loser theory says we haven't been good long enough to catch the eye of elite recruits early in their recruitment.

It doesn't say our best two recruits who have been committed since last summer will decommit after we surpass all expectations on the field.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    whuggy said:

The better players will always look around
    for a better situation. Pete needs to adjust
    to this and let recruits know that he is still
    recruiting to a position until papers are signed.
    All signs point to him basically not recruiting
    other DT's once Marlon gave a verbal. Think this
    needs to change. Ideally he gets to a place where
    he's telling these recruits that the spots go to whoever
    signs in December and he's happy with those signees.
    You can always save a couple of open slots for
    Marlon types.

LIPO. I think this staff has gained enough clout not to shit all over them. At least not yet. If year 5 is a disaster then you can say this staff is shit at recruiting.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    As long as Andre Baccellia steps up we'll* be fine.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    If he was visiting Ohio State or something then one should be worried...UCLA though? He's not that dumb.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    Standard Supporter
    Looks like UCLA has 4 players visiting this weekend that are committed to other schools (Ty Jones, a RB and DT who are committed to Oregon, and a 5 star RB committed to USC).
  • Options
    Considering the coaches visited Utah the other day (assuming to visit Jones) then I would assume Ty probably disclosed this to the staff and told them he just wants to see LA.

The whole following other recruits on twitter is normal. Kids bump uglies and become friends at an abnormal rate a that age.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    At Boise, this recruiting method worked well.

Kids recruited knew they could be coached up and play for a successful program. But those were lower star guys.

The top end talent are a bit different. Need to adjust to that group. And the tactics used are a little scummier ... Dealership in Florida anyone?
    Immigration help? Need help with the rent?
  • Options
    animate said:

Kids recruited knew they could be coached up and play for a successful program. But those were lower star guys.

The top end talent are a bit different. Need to adjust to that group. And the tactics used are a little scummier ... Dealership in Florida anyone?

And I trust Petersen to make the adjustments. He probably re evaluates every step and method of his process to make it better.
  • Options

whuggy said:

What in the actual fuck is going on. Really thought making the cfp would help recruiting not make the best commits fucking leave. If jones goes to ucla where Mora hasn't done shit I don't get it. At this point let's bring back tosh to be shady as fuck.

a top 10 class.
    That loser theory says we haven't been good long enough to catch the eye of elite recruits early in their recruitment.

It doesn't say our best two recruits who have been committed since last summer will decommit after we surpass all expectations on the field.
    - we've already caught the eye or top end recruits already
    - guys like sarell were already identified with other schools. Too much to overcome at this time.
    - we need a few more years of continued success on field to get that identification happening. Ie: "I've always loved the Huskies since the 8th grade!..."
    - having said that, Petersen has to fine-tune his recruiting for 4 and 5 star caliber national kids. They act and respond differently.
  • Options
    animate said:

whuggy said:

a top 10 class.

- guys like sarell were already identified with other schools. Too much to overcome at this time.
    - we need a few more years of continued success on field to get that identification happening. Ie: "I've always loved the Huskies since the 8th grade!..."
    - having said that, Petersen has to fine-tune his recruiting for 4 and 5 star caliber national kids. They act and respond differently.
    So you agree that this "lag theory" is not supported by the evodence? Great.
  • Options
    animate said:

It has worked well here too.

Now we need to get to the next level.
  • Options

animate said:

whuggy said:

a top 10 class.

So you agree that this "lag theory" is not supported by the evodence? Great.
    Eh, not exactly sure what lag theory is but I can guess. I'm just calling it like I see it.

There's"lag" for sure to a degree ... But even long time invested kids change their mind when on trip, getting their dick sucked, having family go on recruiting with them a la Marlon (who evidently still preferred UW but family politics got in the way)

Shit happens, and it's true that it's a what have you done for me lately kind of view in recruiting. Some Kids get bored and go check shit out late and get a boner and change their minds. Even when it doesn't make sense.

Like why Jones would seriously consider UCLA apart from Rosen and a free trip. Chaotic coaching staff, chaotic program.

But hey, when someone comes up to you near the end and says can i suck your dick? Alpha makes will usually say "yeah man! Suck it good!"