Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Candidates for position change

Hunter Bryant(TE 6-3, 240) Fuck, we don't even throw to our TE. I feel like we are going to waste this kid on the offensive side of the ball. If we hadn't signed Joe Tryon I would feel better about keeping him at TE but given we have another above average athlete to put there I feel like he should be playing on defense. Redshirt him, get him out on the field as a buck at 260 pounds. And for any idiot who is going to try to mention Cade Otton as the replacement BUCK prospect for a guy like Hunter Bryant you can go straight to hell.

Brandon McKinney(S 6-1, 195) Move him to LB. We have 5 good safeties on our roster and we only have one LB currently signed in this class(once again, Cade Otton is not athletic enough to play LB). After this year we lose Azeem and Bierria so we are going to need to reload. I was hoping that this was where Weddington would eventually end up had he not jumped ship.

Jacob Kizer(TE 6-5, 235) I'm assuming this kid is bigger after a grey shirt year. He moves really well for his size. If you can get this kid up to 280+ then move him to OL. He has a redshirt year still so he could take another year to put on weight.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2017
    Hunter Bryant doesn't need a redshirt

Who are the 5 safeties? Not saying McKinney can't play LB but I think your over exaggerating the depth.

Kizer will be a Dissly TE. You won't just be able to throw 50 lbs onto him.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Safeties are Ghilchrist, Mcintosh, Rapp, Turner and Walker plus some white guys.

Also Jason Scrempos(DL 6-6, 284) Evan Hudson clone... who ended up being alright under this staff so maybe that isn't a bad thing. He was a redshirt freshman this year so he still has 3 years of eligibility remaining. Will this guy be in the rotation on the DL? Probably not. Could this guy at least be a rotational player on the offensive line? Most likely. All he has to do is beat out Sosebee and Andrew Kirkland. Move him to OL.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Safeties are Ghilchrist, Mcintosh, Rapp, Turner and Walker plus some white guys.

Also Jason Scrempos(DL 6-6, 284) Evan Hudson clone... who ended up being alright under this staff so maybe that isn't a bad thing. He was a redshirt freshman this year so he still has 3 years of eligibility remaining. Will this guy be in the rotation on the DL? Probably not. Could this guy at least be a rotational player on the offensive line? Most likely. All he has to do is beat out Sosebee and Andrew Kirkland. Move him to OL.

McIntosh will be a senior ... so that's not depth after next year.

Our LB depth at the lower levels is actually quite good. We'll need to replenish the depth in the 2018 class as we'll be losing Bierria and Victor but there are ready replacements in place ... it's not a bad position to be in there.

Bryant is a luxury at TE that offers a skill set that we haven't had on the roster. Perkins caught plenty of passes as a TE ... Bryant offers athletic ability that Perkins could only dream of. My guess is that you'll see Bryant both on/off the line and we'll use him as a potential mismatch in the passing game.

Kizer likely won't get big enough to be able to play on the OL ... he's going to be more in the Sample/Dissly group of being a very good blocker in the run game with the ability to be serviceable in the passing game.

Scrempos has had injury issues up to this point ... any contribution he makes to the program at this point probably is a bonus.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The only position change I want to see is Azeem to SAM.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Eklund did an update on the 2016 class (it wasn't from him, he was just reporting on what someone in the program said). According to that story,Eifler and Wellington both look really good and will push for playing time so moving Azeem could work.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

Eklund did an update on the 2016 class (it wasn't from him, he was just reporting on what someone in the program said). According to that story,Eifler and Wellington both look really good and will push for playing time so moving Azeem could work.
    Didn't need Eklunds input to know dis
    Sorry, I don't go to the practices so I have to rely on what I read
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Shit. TBS. Belongs.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Watch their special teams play. Wellington is all over the field. Very active. For ex
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Shit. TBS. Belongs.

wrong.gif

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Build a team, get to the Peach Bowel, then pop off.

asshole
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Nuts to move Azeem. He was by far the leading tackler on the team...you don't take that and say 'Hey, why don't you get involved in less plays'.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

McIntosh will be a senior ... so that's not depth after next year.

McIntosh will actually be a RS Junior next season. Safety depth likely looks like:

Rapp (So.) - Walker (Sr.) - Gilchrist (rFr.)
    McIntosh (Jr.) - Turner (Sr.) - McKinney (will probably redshirt)

McKinney hence shouldn't be even remotely considered to move to LB, even if Chaz Ah You somehow commits here.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    McKinney does not have frame to Cary 230. At most he will be 210. Moving him to LB is stupid
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Nuts to move Azeem. He was by far the leading tackler on the team...you don't take that and say 'Hey, why don't you get involved in less plays'.

I really like the idea of Azeem at SAM. DJ beavers played like a fucking man in his absence. DJ is also better in coverage. Given the inexperience of our corners, we need a strong pass rush. Moving Azeem to SAM not only improves our pass rush, but also makes us better on the edges. Benning's pass rush was less than ideal, but he was able to set the edge even against bama.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can we move Hilbers to water boy?
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

McKinney does not have frame to Cary 230. At most he will be 210. Moving him to LB is stupid

It amazes me how people here just casually throw out "throw on 30, 40, 50 lbs" like the kids that we recruit are some sort of super mutants.
    Huh?