Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you prefer our general board be called Tug Tavern or Trump Tavern?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,626
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tug Tavern
    chuck said:

Obvious write in answer is obvious.

ChuckHIV!
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Trump Tavern now sounds like we're trying too hard.

My $0.02
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,285
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tug Tavern

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.” – George Washington

Fellow Doogs, let us not forgot the wisdom of the Father of the Nation who was our first and only non-partisan President, and the namesake of our beloved university. I beseech you to vote in favor of keeping the name of the Tavern non-partisan so that it can remain an unfettered place of spirited and vigorous debate. Long live the Tug Tavern!

Can't argue with the logic, but the snowflake reaction has been a blast. Perhaps it is time to mend the fences, strengthen the wall, revert to a more politically correct board name.
    I can agree in finding some humor with the snowflake reaction of the public at large, but I do think being a "snowflake" in the truest sense of the term is mutually exclusive with being a rabid college football fan and especially a poster here. I'd like to think that our liberal posters here are of the near extinct TUFF Liberal varietal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tug Tavern
    Stalin, is plurality of votes all that is needed? For example, what if Trump Tavern has the highest percentage of votes, but Tug Tavern and Write In have more votes combined?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,009
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write in

Tug Tavern is a place where you better know how to use your fists...while the Trump Tavern all you have to do is send angry, uniformed and unpresidented Tweets. What a stupid motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9BSLm53Qnc

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Trump Tavern

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.” – George Washington

Fellow Doogs, let us not forgot the wisdom of the Father of the Nation who was our first and only non-partisan President, and the namesake of our beloved university. I beseech you to vote in favor of keeping the name of the Tavern non-partisan so that it can remain an unfettered place of spirited and vigorous debate. Long live the Tug Tavern!

Can't argue with the logic, but the snowflake reaction has been a blast. Perhaps it is time to mend the fences, strengthen the wall, revert to a more politically correct board name.
    I can agree in finding some humor with the snowflake reaction of the public at large, but I do think being a "snowflake" in the truest sense of the term is mutually exclusive with being a rabid college football fan and especially a poster here. I'd like to think that our liberal posters here are of the near extinct TUFF Liberal varietal.
    Most of the snowflakes seem to be millennials. Nothing TUFF about that generation, they define the term snowflake.

IMO, The Tug for Trump Tavern is a worthy option, surely we can all find humor in that.

Or instead, since Douchecanoe Tavern seems to be the most uniquely HH, maybe in the spirit of the 2000 and 2016 presidential elections, we can can have a recount/revote with that option added?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Write in
    Janet Reno Memorial (RIP)
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Tug Tavern
    How about the inferno? reasoning all the content and every poster heavily involved in this particular board should DIAFF
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump Tavern
    Tavern McTavernface could work
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,672
    edited January 2017
    Trump Tavern
    The Patriarchy
    Or the basement
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tug Tavern

If this isnt "The Lemon Party" I don't know what is.

Hahaha
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tug Tavern

Stalin, is plurality of votes all that is needed? For example, what if Trump Tavern has the highest percentage of votes, but Tug Tavern and Write In have more votes combined?

I also like "The Molotov Cocktail Lounge". Molotov after all was Stalin's Foreign Minister and there's lots of bomb throwing that happens in the tavern.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump Tavern
    Tac Town Tuff Tavern