Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Someday soon

2»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Next year is the year. I think a small rebuild (9-10 wins) happens the year after that.

Yes, after next year the shitty OL recruiting will definitely show its ugly head.
    You mean when McGary and Adams are seniors?
    I think Adams leaves next year. I love his game, and I think he is a first round talent. Unless Burleson or Hilbers show something next year, I think we are fucked on OT positions.
    You think Adams leaves after 3 years in college?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2017

Next year is the year. I think a small rebuild (9-10 wins) happens the year after that.

Yes, after next year the shitty OL recruiting will definitely show its ugly head.
    I think Adams leaves next year. I love his game, and I think he is a first round talent. Unless Burleson or Hilbers show something next year, I think we are fucked on OT positions.
    You think Adams leaves after 3 years in college?
    If his NFL draft grade is in 1st round. I think the kid should leave, I am all for these kids making money. If you are a 1st round talent it hard to find a reason to stay. If his grade is not 1st round, I think he should stay and improve his grade.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dflea said:

It will be our DAWGS getting ready for kick off in the final

Get a competent offense
    Get a gun.

Then shoot yourself with it.

Faggot.
    Microagreshun!
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

No. When Adams leaves for early for the draft or one of them gets hurt, and it exposes the steaming pile of dogshit we have behind them.

You have forgotten that Adams and McGary have already declared for the 2018 draft.
    Adams could easily go pro after next season. Or he or McGary could get hurt.

But you're right, nothing to see here. Jesus H. Strausser will turn Hilbers and Burleson into All-Americans, just like he did with John Turner & Matt James & Jesse Sossebee. What the fuck do we need quality depth on the OL for anyways?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Get a competent offense
    So an "incompetent"offense hung 70 on your beloved team, and you're popping off? Rich.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Get a competent offense
    So an "incompetent"offense hung 70 on your beloved team, and you're popping off? Rich.
    Congratulations. Slingblade is gone. HTH. Dumb fucking doog.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    guntlove said:

No. When Adams leaves for early for the draft or one of them gets hurt, and it exposes the steaming pile of dogshit we have behind them.

You have forgotten that Adams and McGary have already declared for the 2018 draft.

But you're right, nothing to see here. Jesus H. Strausser will turn Hilbers and Burleson into All-Americans, just like he did with John Turner & Matt James & Jesse Sossebee. What the fuck do we need quality depth on the OL for anyways?
    Matt James started over McGary early last season. McGary was raw, but James is the one guy out of that group that might have some hope as an upperclassmen if he's called upon. He was small and weak, but by his 4th and 5th year in the program, that issue is correctable.

We need better talent and more depth. I don't believe it's as dire as many here make it out to be.

We seemed to have bad ILB depth, but Beavers and BBK came in and played fairly well once Victor was hurt. This staff develops players. There are more positions than the OL that injuries would really affect us.

The plan C's this year actually look like good players and are mid PAC 12 level recruits. They aren't huge projects like Atoe and Burleson. They can play.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Get a competent offense
    Let me see if I can help.

Oregon was to defense in 2016 what Hurts is to passing.

An incompetent defense can defend Alabama against the pass because they have a QB who can't throw. It's kind of a problem.

Hanging 70 on Oregon would be like turning @Crimsonite1 loose at a Mensa convention.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

guntlove said:

Matt James started over McGary early last season. McGary was raw, but James is the one guy out of that group that might have some hope as an upperclassmen if he's called upon. He was small and weak, but by his 4th and 5th year in the program, that issue is correctable.

We need better talent and more depth. I don't believe it's as dire as many here make it out to be.

We seemed to have bad ILB depth, but Beavers and BBK came in and played fairly well once Victor was hurt. This staff develops players. There are more positions than the OL that injuries would really affect us.

The plan C's this year actually look like good players and are mid PAC 12 level recruits. They aren't huge projects like Atoe and Burleson. They can play.
    Solid poast, @RoadDawg55. You make some good points, especially regarding the plan C dudes looking like actual pac-12 recruits this year. But we haven't signed any of them yet.

I disagree in regards to how dire the situation is though. Even if we bounce back with an amazing OL class next year, I think the lack of OL recruiting over these last 3 classes is going to come back to bite us in the ass in a couple of years.

I hope you're right, and I'm wrong... but I'm starting to get a really bad feeling about what our OL's gonna look like after 2017.

Anyways, good chit.

love your body,
    gunt.