Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The State of the Bored Address

DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
The anger and the bitterness of some during a championship season is mind boggling at times.

I told the story a long time ago about my ex mother in law. She could walk into any room, including the Oval Office and the first thing she things of is what's out of place and what's wrong. I guess some are just wired like that.

The other issue is some have a difficult time having a disagreement without making things personal. She really struggle with that.

I wish the boards could be complete unfiltered and police themselves. Unfortunately, that's wishful thinking. We have to set bounds. And no matter where the bounds are, there are always those who think they're above them and push them. Then there are those who pay a fee who think because they do they can act anyway they want. That doesn't work when you pay a cover charge in a bar, not here. And those who enforce the boundaries take a lot of crap at times.

For the most part, the vast majority out here are fine. The vast majority have never had a post deleted and never caused a problem. It's always a small minority that's very loud and disrupts things. Then when we clean it up they act like they did nothing. It sucks moderating. It really does. Somebody is always pissed o9ff. Always. Most of the time, we can't win. BTW, we revoeded the ability to post from two yesterday.

And back to your original point......Some folks just need to take life a little less seriously.

Ate the end of the day, we all do the best we can. We're not perfect. We try to get you the best information possible. While we're not 100% , I'll put our track record up against anybody's.

We talk to a lot of people. We always know way more than we can put out. We have great sources. Those sources give us info that we work real hard to confirm elsewhere before putting it out. If we can't confirm it elsewhere, we can't burn the source. So when we say thing and don't elaborate at times, it's hard to not say things. We want to, but it's hard. The entire Connor Weddington thing for example. There's more to the story than we can ever write about. Maybe some day. But there's person al family stuff involved. That's why it's tough to see posters trash the kid.

I think most of you would be surprised at how much goes on behind the scenes to make this thing work. the original Rivals went under. That was an absolute disaster for us. Then Heckman started Scout. It got sold to Fox, who basically did nothing. Then Heckman's group bought it again. It started off fine, but the turn it took wasn't good. Scout is in bankruptcy and will be sold this month. It won't impact our subscribers or our content in the least, but, it's not easy dealing with.

Guys like you have been around forever. You've seen a lot. We started in 1997. We should have died on the table a couple of times. Even with the struggles at Scout, we're stronger than we've ever been. Some of you may want to visit some other team sites. Compare us to some others. They may do things a little different, but you'd be hard pressed to name many sites that do a better job with content and message boards. Scott and Chris are really good.

With that being said, the staff always has fun not matter what. Tyrone's years were tough. The Romar thing right now is tough. But we keep grinding through. We love what we do.

Comments