Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So Browning is a sophomore

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
edited January 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
and I really dont see him leaving early for the NFL after next year. He is a pretty thin guy and seems to struggle when CBs or d line are good enough to throw off timing routes.

He struggled against USC, Colorado, and Bama. A lot.

Granted, our WRs are not physical and each looked about 30 lbs lighter than the Bama DBs. They could not get seperatation outside that one awesome post route by Pettis. The o line is scrappy, but really young. Maybe next year they could hold up better to Bama when Harris gets some more time in the weight room and roids.

We also abandoned the run way too soon. Yeah we werent breaking off 15 yard runs, but we were making it beyond the line of scrimmage for 2-3 yards with Gaskin and Coleman. You need to stick with it and those runs go for more late in the game when people are tired.

Im kind of rambling, but my point is this...is Browning a hindrance to the offense going forward? Or is his inefficiency in big time games more a product of sub par play calling, young o line, and lack of receiver seperatation?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think he could still get a little better. He made a big step this year. He's a lot better than what we have had recently but he isn't a national championship QB. Only way we win one with him is a Alabama caliber defense and O line. With that you could really almost plug any QB in to start and win a NC.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I think he could still get a little better. He made a big step this year. He's a lot better than what we have had recently but he isn't a national championship QB. Only way we win one with him is a Alabama caliber defense and O line. With that you could really almost plug any QB in to start and win a NC.

Agree, which seems unlikely in the 2 more years he is gonna be in the program. Will our line get better? Yes, too many young players starting for ot not to. Will it ever be good enough to allow us to win an NC? I doubt it.

The playcalling definitely lost us the SC game. Against Bama I dont see a scenario we win without forcing 3 turnovers
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He's going to win 24 games at least over the next 2 years. We'lol have to wait until we get a bigger armed QB and the OL improves.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Obviously. Did you see that shit show they have at QB?

That guy fucking sucks
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,551
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Thing is, I don't see a scenario outside of injury where any other QB steps in over Jake in the next two years. It just doesn't happen. He's put up some numbers but definitely needs to step up (HGH) this offseason to take it to the next level.

Do I think it happens? 50/50 at best, worse odds of Smiff is still around. I think JAKE is a known quantity at this point and we need to look to other positions (coaching/OL) for areas of realistic improvement for next season.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club

AEB said:

He's going to win 24 games at least over the next 2 years. We'lol have to wait until we get a bigger armed QB and the OL improves.

You really think we stomp the conference and get 12 wins the next 2 years? I hope we do, and we have the coaching staff to do it, but that is hard to do
    I'm not one for hyperbole. I think we will. Yes. Our D is way ahead of the PAC with the exception of SC. We don't play SC the next 2 years. Soft OOC schedule. So yes, I think 24 should be the figure.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

AEB said:

You really think we stomp the conference and get 12 wins the next 2 years? I hope we do, and we have the coaching staff to do it, but that is hard to do
    I'm not one for hyperbole. I think we will. Yes. Our D is way ahead of the PAC with the exception of SC. We don't play SC the next 2 years. Soft OOC schedule. So yes, I think 24 should be the figure.
    I hope you are right. We need to throw a lot of money at Kwiatkawski and Lake. They are amazing coaches
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Smiff is ruining Browning. Those who can't see it are blinder than Grandpa Sankey.
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Smiff is ruining Browning. Those who can't see it are blinder than Grandpa Sankey.

I have to agree. And until we get an OC & QB coach better than Smith, will we get a NC Championship caliber QB? Why would a QB with NC potential want to play for Smith?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Thump said:

I have to agree. And until we get an OC & QB coach better than Smith, will we get a NC Championship caliber QB? Why would a QB with NC potential want to play for Smith?
    BING-FUCKING-GO!!!

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,538
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cut his loser ass
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Suddenly Senior
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Cut his loser ass

Fuck you and your 5.3 seconds.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We've seen Jake Browning come through in clutch situations like Arizona. I really think his injury fucked with his mental game decisions. Ever since his presumed injury, he's had bad games. If he can come back healthy, he should be serviceable.

But the jury is still out there on what he can do healthy versus an elite D.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,551
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We need to recruit more receivers yadda yadda yadda bowl games don't count COOG
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We need to coach our offensive line better to match Jake's skills and have the receivers run routes that match his skills against the athletic teams. When they got to Jake, almost every time it was through an open gap rather than from over powering the lineman.

We tried to compensate by throwing screens and stuff, but we should have learned from the USC game that going east west isn't going to work. I saw only one slant to the gap where the linebacker rushed from. We should have done more of that. And more misdirection and such. We did none of that and our offensive looked very vanilla for having a month to prepare.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Gaskin needed more carriers, and more targets as a receiver. Fuck, I'm so fucking tired of this fact after every UW loss starting in 2015. Fuck everyone, his size didn't mean shit yesterday.

This. When he got the ball on some screen plays early he looked like the fastest player on both rosters, i was shocked.

Then he totally fucking disappeared from the game. Just like USC.

Fucking frustrating. Gaskin and Coleman never got a chance