Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is just the BEGINNING

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
In year 3 of Petersen we played Bama in the CFP. We measured up against them with a D good enough to beat them but with an O not there. OL too young and not physical enough. QB1 arm not strong enough to make all the throws against an elite D. We know where improve. The path to victory was narrow and the two TOs made the path disappear. Allen called UW soft, but I disagree. We had fight to the finish and hurt several of their players. Minkah wouldn't have passed NFL concussion protocol. Our team had pride.

So fuck moral victories. Rather, we know where to improve to beat the elite. We're close but need more work. We'll play SC in the p12 championship game next year. Book it.

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AEB said:

In year 3 of Petersen we played Bama in the CFP. We measured up against them with a D good enough to beat them but with an O not there. OL too young and not physical enough. QB1 arm not strong enough to make all the throws against an elite D. We know where improve. The path to victory was narrow and the two TOs made the path disappear. Allen called UW soft, but I disagree. We had fight to the finish and hurt several of their players. Minkah wouldn't have passed NFL concussion protocol. Our team had pride.

So fuck moral victories. Rather, we know where to improve to beat the elite. We're close but need more work. We'll play SC in the p12 championship game next year. Book it.

Great post.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Is this the equivalent of winning a RB in year 3?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    DeepSeaZ said:

No. We didn't win. There's room for improvement starting with the OC, QB and OL. But we measured the fuck up
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DeepSeaZ said:

If we got to play in it... unfortunately we were too good for that. Dang, why couldn't we be just a little worse?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Winning is always better than losing, but for this group they're ahead of schedule and they know what it takes now. And they responded. They didn't quit. I think this team will murder teams next year.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment

DeepSeaZ said:

I think we'd beat PSU, but still winning >>>> losing.
    It definitely feels better but it isn't always better.
  • Options
    KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Like I said if we don't get completely fucked by the NFL draft we'll be back next year
  • Options
    Founders Club
    KobeStan said:

Like I said if we don't get completely fucked by the NFL draft we'll be back next year

I'm not sure we'll get popped. Ross looked average at best against Bama. Buddha and SMFJ are gone. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Founders Club

DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Fuck anyone who doesn't think this is an amazing year.

From 6-6 to the CFB Playoff. That's fucking rad.
    Damn straight. On top of that, we have, quality-wise, our best recruining class in the internet TBS ranking ever coming in. Very bright future
    Would be nice to get some Bama-level linemen. But, yeah.
    This
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Fuck anyone who doesn't think this is an amazing year.

From 6-6 to the CFB Playoff. That's fucking rad.
    Damn straight. On top of that, we have, quality-wise, our best recruining class in the internet TBS ranking ever coming in. Very bright future
    Would be nice to get some Bama-level linemen. But, yeah.
    Need big, strong, fast, agile, mean OL

Need big, fast, physical WR that can win high-end 1 on 1 battles

Need a TE that can stretch the middle of the field and be a reliable source of throws over the short to intermediate middle

Need a QB that can stand tall, step into throws, deliver darts with power and accuracy

We've got a good formula on the defensive side of the ball and lauded the defensive recruiting over the past couple of years ...

We've seen some recent improvements on the offensive side of the ball but it is still behind that of the defensive side of the ball ... WR recruiting is on the upswing ... Sirmon will be the next generation QB we need to take the next step forward there ... OL recruiting is still a massive question mark as to whether we can get the quality needed to compete at the national level ...

And let's be honest, everything tonight offensive starts with how our OL matched up with their DL
    Go fuck yourself
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

DeepSeaZ said:

I think this was better for the program. Pete now knows what he needs to compete on the national level. He will grow from this and adapt to it.