Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fuck Rain-X

CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
God damnit. Is there a more overrated product in the history of mankind?

Clean, apply, dry.....then it fucking rains and the shit only lasts an hour.

Nothing in this world works.

Comments

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Well, obviously.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    Have you tried chugging it?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    I use Rain-X, and I like it . But you have to use it regularly, or like you said, it doesn't last long enough. I clean the windshield, apply it, let it haze, then use a soaking wet paper towel to remove it, and then dry the windshield. IMO, that works better than the apply, let haze, and buff method.

A couple things to remember. Don't use your wipers. Put straight water in your wiper fluid reservoir. Get in the habit of applying it weekly or every couple weeks.

The shit that will fuck you is when it isn't raining, but the roads are wet. The spray isn't enough water to bead up and roll off. The spray is full of dirt, and using your wipers to clear your windshield will wear out Rain-X fast.

Still, when it's pouring rain, and you're driving alongside a truck, Rain-X rules. I haven't put it on since it turned cold, and it's just now getting to the point of not working very well.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    There used to be this stuff called No Touch Rain Shield.

It was in a green aerosol can. You could spray your windshield in the middle of a fucking hurricane and the rain would bead off your windshield for a month. It was the tits.

Now, of course, they don't make it anymore. Fuckers.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,639 Standard Supporter
    MOVE to a place where *real* men scrape ice and snow from their windshields.

Rain-X?!? Fucking snowflake.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    PurpleJ said:

Have you tried buttchugging it?

*Real* men don't have windshields, snowflake.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Use the rain X washer fluid. And if you want to be real cool, buy the rain X wipers too. No need to apply it yourself.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,639 Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

My tractor doesnt have a windshield
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Agree. Rain-X FUCKING sucks.

It's one of those small shitty product that can ruin your day. Haha

dflea said:

My tractor doesnt have a windshield
    Real man qualifications met.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    dflea said:

I use Rain-X, and I like it . But you have to use it regularly, or like you said, it doesn't last long enough. I clean the windshield, apply it, let it haze, then use a soaking wet paper towel to remove it, and then dry the windshield. IMO, that works better than the apply, let haze, and buff method.

A couple things to remember. Don't use your wipers. Put straight water in your wiper fluid reservoir. Get in the habit of applying it weekly or every couple weeks.

The shit that will fuck you is when it isn't raining, but the roads are wet. The spray isn't enough water to bead up and roll off. The spray is full of dirt, and using your wipers to clear your windshield will wear out Rain-X fast.

Still, when it's pouring rain, and you're driving alongside a truck, Rain-X rules. I haven't put it on since it turned cold, and it's just now getting to the point of not working very well.

Bosch Icon blades and fucking regular old windshield washer fluid.

Rain, snow, mist, dirt, whatever. This RainX shit sounds like a pain to use and ineffective.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

dflea said:

Bosch Icon blades and fucking regular old windshield washer fluid.

Rain, snow, mist, dirt, whatever. This RainX shit sounds like a pain to use and ineffective.
    This. Buy high end one piece blades once per year. Rain-X is poor person shit.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    Shit used to be great. Like everything else, it now sucks.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    dflea said:

Rain-X superiority guy.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I saw Fuck Rain-X and thought this was going to be a Christmas shopping thread about lube