Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Revenge of the noyds thread: Fallout 4

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
Decided to buy this game since it was like 15 bucks on PSN. I thought Skyrim was one of the most overrated games ever (still ok just not as good as everyone made it out to be) and since it is a Bethesda game I was skeptical. I never played Fallout 3 either.

Holy fuck though this game is awesome. Highly recommended for people who like the open world type game in the post apocalyptic setting. I still prefer Borderlands but this is definitely a good playthrough.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Decided to buy this game since it was like 15 bucks on PSN. I thought Skyrim was one of the most overrated games ever (still ok just not as good as everyone made it out to be) and since it is a Bethesda game I was skeptical. I never played Fallout 3 either.

Holy fuck though this game is awesome. Highly recommended for people who like the open world type game in the post apocalyptic setting. I still prefer Borderlands but this is definitely a good playthrough.

You sound poor.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    It sucks. I quit halfway through.
    Although that silenced pistol is the tits.

Beat Bloodborne or gtfo. 20 bucks.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    edited December 2016

It sucks. I quit halfway through.
    Although that silenced pistol is the tits.

Beat Bloodborne or gtfo. 20 bucks.

I'll agree with you that Bloodborne > Dark Souls (aka the most overrated game ever)
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    edited December 2016

Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    BearsWiin said:

It's good but not THAT good
    edited December 2016

BearsWiin said:

It's good but not THAT good

• priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    I've heard Fallout New Vegas is better. There was supposedly a lot more effort put into that game. I plan to get that game for cheap in a few more weeks.

PC versions of the Fallouts are better -> sexy character mods.

I bought a bunch of games during the last July 4th sale on Steam for the first time, but haven't had time yet to play them...will start to tho after football season. Steam has their best sale of the year for PC games at Xmas time through Jan 1st...80-90% off a lot of 1.5+ year old games: $1-$5 for what once were $60 games.
    You need to have a somewhat decent video card tho to play...a lot of computer makers make it very difficult to upgrade or add a new video card to an existing machine. I just had a gaming rig built for me in July. I'm very interested in how these games will look like in VR in another year or so.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,547 Swaye's Wigwam

Not into post-apocalyptic settings, but 100% agree on Skyrim. It came out when there weren't any good viking-themed games and the graphics and art were really good.

I've always thought the combat sucked in all of the elder scrolls games and Skryim didn't do anything to improve it.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    New vegas is awesome.

Final fantasy 15 is pretty awesome as well. And open world
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club
    I liked Fallout 4, but found it to no longer be a real rpg like the previous games and it also forced you to be a good guy. Fuck that noise. I want to be able to sell children into sex slavery and do bad boy shit. It's a fun game to play, but don't neuter me bruh. Also, the rpg aspects are downplayed to the fact that it's no longer an rpg.

Skyrim had shitty combat, but I was a mage anyways so who fucking cares. I liked the story better and being the leader of a guild of assassins and the ability to worship demonic gods of rape and shit was pretty cool.

Skyrim was better because it let you be yourself. Fallout 4 makes you be some goody two shoes bitch nigga.

I'm not really playing many games right now, but the next game I plan on playing will be the Red Dead sequel (Redemption was the GOAT PS3 game), followed by the next elder scrolls game.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

2001400ex said:

You sound poor.
    I am poor
    Gross
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    phineas said:

New vegas is awesome.

Final fantasy 15 is pretty awesome as well. And open world

The graphics on that FF15 look really amazing. That game probably won't be on PC for a long while.
    haie said:

Not into post-apocalyptic settings, but 100% agree on Skyrim. It came out when there weren't any good viking-themed games and the graphics and art were really good.

I've always thought the combat sucked in all of the elder scrolls games and Skryim didn't do anything to improve it.
    Elder Scrolls Online has much better combat than Skyrim, and probably Oblivion too, from what little I played it.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    PurpleJ said:

I liked Fallout 4, but found it to no longer be a real rpg like the previous games and it also forced you to be a good guy. Fuck that noise. I want to be able to sell children into sex slavery and do bad boy shit. It's a fun game to play, but don't neuter me bruh. Also, the rpg aspects are downplayed to the fact that it's no longer an rpg.

Skyrim had shitty combat, but I was a mage anyways so who fucking cares. I liked the story better and being the leader of a guild of assassins and the ability to worship demonic gods of rape and shit was pretty cool.

Skyrim was better because it let you be yourself. Fallout 4 makes you be some goody two shoes bitch nigga.

I'm not really playing many games right now, but the next game I plan on playing will be the Red Dead sequel (Redemption was the GOAT PS3 game), followed by the next elder scrolls game.

#TacTownTuff
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    Okay, wow. Lots of opinions floating around here, so let me go ahead and set the record straight on a few things:

1) Fallout 4 is a good game. I played about halfway through it and quit. Why? For the same reason I played through about 3/4 of Skyrim and quit...and that reason is because it's a Bethesda game. They always fucking break. On Fallout 4, I died, and when it tried to load my auto-save it said it was corrupt. My only option was to re-load a previous save game from a few hours before. Nope, not gonna play through hours of shit I already did. Skyrim also fucked up on me...like I had 8 quests that glitched out wouldn't let me complete. The map would say to go into a cave...but I'd go into the cave and then the map would say to go right back out of the cave. WTF? It's bullshit. Get your shit together, Bethesda.

2) Dark Souls/Bloodborne is a great series. But Bloodborne > Dark Souls? I disagree. Bloodborne, to me, is a watered-down version of Dark Souls designed for people who prefer a little more button mashing as opposed to disciplined, patience-oriented combat. The level-design, detail, customizability, and combat of Dark Souls is better, IMO. And you've got to love the classic medieval theme of Dark Souls more than the Halloween theme of Bloodborne. But overall, I'm kind of burned out on these games.

3) Final Fantasy has gone downhill since 7 came out. 7 was a good, complete game with almost no weaknesses to it. The story, soundtrack, characters, maps, were all charming and captivating. The materia system was also the best system they've ever come up with in terms of magic. 8 was pretty, but severely lacking in many ways. 9 had good music and scenery, but the story was a little too G-rated compared to 7. It also suffered from ridiculously long loading times for random battles, which more or less ruined the game for me. But all of the FF games have really sucked since 10. I feel that ever since 10, the games have been marketed toward 12 - 16 year old girls.

I've never had Skyrim glitch on me. Maybe you just suck at this.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    I bought Skryim right when it came out. I'm sure most glitches are fixed now. However, my Fallout 4 incident happened just last week.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    I started resuming fallout and got bored after like 1 quest.

Having to spend 25 minutes meeting all the department heads in the institute is dumb as fuck.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jesus and we make fun of Adam Jude?