Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

IT'S HAPPENING -- Sark named OC

124»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,774
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I mean, isn't a bubble screen like a run or however the journalists like to phrase it?
  • Options
    montyfranklynmontyfranklyn Member Posts: 119
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sark is not a run first guy

Well we're screwed then. Seriously though, he runs it way more than Kiffin does. Watch some of Kiffin's play calling on short yardage situations and it will drive you mad
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can you guys explain to me why west coast guys love the pass so damn much? Do they think running it on 2nd and short gives you cancer? Is there some perceivably wrong with running it when you have the lead and the opposition's defense is starting next to tire? I just want to know

We produce good QBs out here and seem obsessed with proving their greatness by passing when a simple run will move the chains or punch it in to the endzone. I bemoan the fact that our offense doesn't use the fullback or the I-form and I love watching Bama play because Saban "gets it". So did Don James. So did Pete Carroll.

We bitch about the pass happy shit all the time here. The main thing that has frustrated me is that when we do run the ball on short yardage situations, it's usually a slow developing run from the shotgun with no lead blocker.

When we lost to USC, we got behind and panicked when there was still plenty of time to establish a running game and move the ball down the field. USC's coverage was good enough to close on our receivers all day as we tried to throw downfield and get back in the game with big plays instead of focusing on moving the chains and relying on our defense to keep us in it. Alabama is better than any we have faced since Pete got here, and if we try to throw all day we will end up getting embarrassed. Bama is my favorite team to watch, and I noticed that you guys have a penchant for scoring on defense, particularly with the pick 6. And by noticed, I mean you guys seem to do it every game and it gives me a boner to watch great defense. The one ray of hope I have is that somehow Sark is calling plays for you and Saban doesn't murder him before we can get a lead and win via a shutout.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Can you guys explain to me why west coast guys love the pass so damn much? Do they think running it on 2nd and short gives you cancer? Is there some perceivably wrong with running it when you have the lead and the opposition's defense is starting next to tire? I just want to know

We produce good QBs out here and seem obsessed with proving their greatness by passing when a simple run will move the chains or punch it in to the endzone. I bemoan the fact that our offense doesn't use the fullback or the I-form and I love watching Bama play because Saban "gets it". So did Don James. So did Pete Carroll.

We bitch about the pass happy shit all the time here. The main thing that has frustrated me is that when we do run the ball on short yardage situations, it's usually a slow developing run from the shotgun with no lead blocker.

When we lost to USC, we got behind and panicked when there was still plenty of time to establish a running game and move the ball down the field. USC's coverage was good enough to close on our receivers all day as we tried to throw downfield and get back in the game with big plays instead of focusing on moving the chains and relying on our defense to keep us in it. Alabama is better than any we have faced since Pete got here, and if we try to throw all day we will end up getting embarrassed. Bama is my favorite team to watch, and I noticed that you guys have a penchant for scoring on defense, particularly with the pick 6. And by noticed, I mean you guys seem to do it every game and it gives me a boner to watch great defense. The one ray of hope I have is that somehow Sark is calling plays for you and Saban doesn't murder him before we can get a lead and win via a shutout.
    Fuck off @Tequilla
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Bama is fun to watch when they are clicking on all cylinders, it is depressing to watch when they are not. Lane tries to be too cute and wants to show everyone just how smart he is by setting stuff for the 4th quarter in the 1st and 2nd. That's fine and all, but there would be no need to set anything up if he'd convert short first downs, keep drives alive and run the ball in the red zone instead of trying to pass for a TD.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Bama is fun to watch when they are clicking on all cylinders, it is depressing to watch when they are not. Lane tries to be too cute and wants to show everyone just how smart he is by setting stuff for the 4th quarter in the 1st and 2nd. That's fine and all, but there would be no need to set anything up if he'd convert short first downs, keep drives alive and run the ball in the red zone instead of trying to pass for a TD.
    I love watching Saban yell at Lane for being dumb. Guy still doesn't get it after coaching under Carroll and Saban. Too dumb to realize that USC had a constant supply of talented backs and linemen, and the same goes for Sark.
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sark is playing the long con. He promised Washington a Natty. He will deliver by sabotage
  • Options
    BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

"Kirk, when Sark was at Washington, some knew him as '3 and out Steve' and it didn't go over well."

"Erin, Sark may have gotten a pass at Washington. Remember the Holiday Bowl? but in this setting, he's going to need to show he can sustain long penetrating drives."

"Amen to that."

She's got some DSL
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2016

PurpleJ said:

that's nothing, UW's oc spent the whole year setting up a pass out of the wildcat with the backup qb

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

We? Fuck off.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

We? Fuck off.
    Have you ever made a decent post? Like... ever?

If @DerekJohnson still believed in this shithole he would bring back the sacrifice and put everyone out of their misery from having to read your shit posts. I liked you better when you weren't trying too hard to troll and your natural stupidity just shined through like a beacon of mental retardation.
    I never liked him at all
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

that's nothing, UW's oc spent the whole year setting up a pass out of the wildcat with the backup qb

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,774
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

We? Fuck off.
    Have you ever made a decent post? Like... ever?

If @DerekJohnson still believed in this shithole he would bring back the sacrifice and put everyone out of their misery from having to read your shit posts. I liked you better when you weren't trying too hard to troll and your natural stupidity just shined through like a beacon of mental retardation.
    467 useless, loser, pressing, non-content threads can't be wrong...
  • Options
    Thump said:

PurpleJ said:

I bemoan the fact that our offense doesn't use the fullback or the I-form and I love watching Bama play because Saban "gets it". So did Don James. So did Pete Carroll.
    The only time I remember a fullback play this season was when Psalm Wooching lined up as a FB, for what turned out to be a pass play to him, which he dropped.
    Lol