Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

First Car Thread

SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450
edited December 2016 in Tug Tavern

1982 Toyota Tercel

2 Door

Not the faggy hatchback

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club
  • DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    69 Chevelle $550 bondo mobile
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    1981 Toyota Celica with a manual sun roof with a crank

Similiar to this
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    PurpleJ said:

Learned how to drive this at age 12. Uphill both ways. In the snow. Thing was a fucking death trap at highway speeds and you needed sandbags over the rear wheels. Tac Town TUFF.

Those broncos owned

especially after OJ drove one
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Learned how to drive this at age 12. Uphill both ways. In the snow. Thing was a fucking death trap at highway speeds and you needed sandbags over the rear wheels. Tac Town TUFF.

Those broncos owned

especially after OJ drove one
    I'm chuckling about the death trap line now.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    1983 Chevrolet Malibu station wagon. Had a 305 V8 that produced a whopping 120 horsepower, and got 13mpg.

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,306

Drove it for like 9 months before the tranny (lol) slipped
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited December 2016
    Mine had much more rust than this one, but same concept.

photo 7498153a2299e878f1dd8f8241bda9b2_zpsmulwdm5k.jpg
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter
    1984 silver Volvo station wagon. That piece of shit broke down a lot.

My favorite incident was when I went to downshift (it was a manual) and the gear stick came out.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    My first DD: 87 F150 300 I6

"The Sin Bin"

4 spd od. Granny gear in 1st. Got ripped off by one of my dad's on the deal as well. A lot of blood spilled on that tailgate.

Junkyard 1/4 mile car. Bought at 15 yrs old. - 63 Ranchero with a 5.0lx swap. Broke a u joint everytime it hooked a good 60 ft. Lucky to run 13s.

"The Death Trap"

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    I couldn't afford a car. Friend of one of my Dad's had a 1940 Indian Scout in a barn and he let me have it for 200 bucks. In 1987. Looked like shit, but I had over a year to get it running before I hit 16. It was always ugly, but it ran pretty sweet and powered me through high school. I wish I had kept that bike. Be worth 15K now even in shitty condition. Chicks loved it. All the other guys at my high school were fags and couldn't even ride a motorcycle.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I couldn't afford a car. Friend of one of my Dad's had a 1940 Indian Scout in a barn and he let me have it for 200 bucks. In 1987. Looked like shit, but I had over a year to get it running before I hit 16. It was always ugly, but it ran pretty sweet and powered me through high school. I wish I had kept that bike. Be worth 15K now even in shitty condition. Chicks loved it. All the other guys at my high school were fags and couldn't even ride a motorcycle.

You just couldn't resist could you?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    1964 VW Type III Notchback. Never sold in the US, grandparents bought it in Europe and had it shipped over here. Was supposed to be mine, but my older sister used it before I was of driving age. She pulled out in front of somebody who was signalling a right turn, then decided to go straight. Bent the frame and messed up several body panels. Got the frame pulled back straight and fixed the body panels, then found that the transmission was shredded, so had it fixed. Redid electrical, steering, brakes, and suspensions myself. Reinstalled the refurbished engine just in time to go away to college, had nowhere to park it in Berkeley. Ended up selling it a few years later and using the money to get a 1980 Volvo 242GT. Much more reliable and safe, put 160K miles on it before donating it somewhere in LA for tax purposes.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    1966 Ford F250. Wasn't a 4X4 but I thought it was! Had a lot of fun in that truck.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought I was robbing my oldest brother blind on his 73 Cuda, until I found out within 2 months the tranny needed to be replaced. The purr of that 340 though...looked like the photo but with a lime green body

My 2nd car I bought from my other bro...I wonder why everyone in school thought I was the "coke guy"?

• BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623

A chick magnet. Nothing says you got game like a powder blue rabbit.
  • DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    1970 Buick Wildcat. 455 cubic inches. Bought it from the neighbors family when the old boy died......found a case of Nile Shriner highball glasses in the trunk.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Started off strong with the Previa, aka the Star Trek shuttle.

Briefly switched the the MPV when Wu-Tang Clan name dropped it.

But when the double door/modular seating whips came out in the late 90s, I upgraded.

If the van's a rockin' don't bother knockin'.