Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

usc's coach offers some subtle "coach speak" analysis.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
“I really think it’s going to come down to which quarterback plays better in that game,” he (Helton) said. “Having played against both teams, they put some pressure on the quarterback position to perform. It’s really going to be the team that makes the fewest mistakes and the team whose quarterback plays better between Jake and Jalen.”

Make no mistake, Helton is talking about Jake. Considering alabama does not let their QB do much other than run the football, hand off the football, mostly throw short passes, and basically just refrain from anything risky, I think this is Helton's way of saying that Jake better not "brownsocks" this game. Helton mentioned earlier in this story how usc was able to disrupt Jake's timing and move him off of his spot. As we've discussed recently on this bored, throwing Jake off of his planned rhythm results in him caving. He and his offensive coordinator haven't yet figured out how to successfully move to an effective Plan B when their primary strategy is taken away. They crumble.

seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/do-the-huskies-have-any-shot-at-upsetting-no-1-alabama-definitely-says-usc-coach-clay-helton/

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Just don't tip Bama off to the Wild Swede formation.

I am still waiting for the Triple Lindy. I want Lindquist to throw that pass...not Pettis.

• Options
    BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

I am still waiting for the Triple Lindy. I want Lindquist to throw that pass...not Pettis.

Duly noted.

I aim to please.
  • Options
    dnc said:

You're reading way too much into this. He's not saying anything at all. That's what coaches do.

Really? Of all the positions and players he could identify, and all of the issues that could impact the game (running the ball, defense, penalties, field position, etc.), he just happened to pick "which quarterback makes mistakes" as the one that will decide the game. And looking at these two teams, you have 1 QB that doesn't do a whole lot, and another that has been terribly erratic over the last 4 weeks. Also, Helton identified disrupting Jake as the reason usc won.

A coincidence? Right.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Helton used a lotta words to say that if Babushka had simply continued to pound the rock to the left, UW would have been fine.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Way to read way into a basic coach speak statement

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because Passion wantw it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by opposing coaches every single time they don't want to say anything. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Way to read way into a basic coach speak statement

Meh. This is just classic confirmation bias. It's telling because Passion wantw it to be telling. But these exact comments are made by opposing coaches every single time they don't want to say anything. Sometimes they're telling, sometimes they're not. Time will tell.

Either way it will be interesting.

Here's an idea - shut the fuck up about the playoffs and just beat colorado. How can you expect your players to "focus on the next game" if you're talking about this shit.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Lindquist will throw a pass fumble the snap out punt formation in this game.

My only prediction.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree with Passion

Mark your calendar
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

This is good chit!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I agree with Passion

Mark your calendar

I'm going to REMEMBER this post
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jake will be fine... He thrives on being pressured and will stand in there until the last millisecond to deliver the ball.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I agree with Passion

Mark your calendar

December 31, 2016. If Jake plays well (or just doesn't fuck up too bad) we can win. If he brownsocks it (as against usc or colorado), we get pummeled.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    But how doesnt passion get it?
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2016
    Passion said:

Jake and his offensive coordinator haven't yet figured out how to successfully move to an effective Plan B when their primary strategy is taken away. They crumble.

Very relieved to know Coach Pete is free of blame here.