Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Future of the pass rush

We may lose a little on the line in terms of size, but I think actual pass rush could see improvement next year when redshirts start coming off. Amandre, Levi, Eifler, plus a more experience Benning and Tevis could actually be worlds better than what we have right now. We always say "but how we will be better?" and we always end up better.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

We may lose a little on the line in terms of size, but I think actual pass rush could see improvement next year when redshirts start coming off. Amandre, Levi, Eifler, plus a more experience Benning and Tevis could actually be worlds better than what we have right now. We always say "but how we will be better?" and we always end up better.

I'd like to agree with you. I hesitate because Pete did not take the redshirts off of Amandre and the others you mention.

Because he was willing to play Nick Harris and Taylor Rapp (he knew they were ready), it tells me that our current crop of freshmen edge rushers were not ready, and not better than psalm, o'brien and whomever else.

Not saying the pass rush won't improve. Just wait and see.
  • Options

Passion said:

I'd like to agree with you. I hesitate because Pete did not take the redshirts off of Amandre and the others you mention.

Because he was willing to play Nick Harris and Taylor Rapp (he knew they were ready), it tells me that our current crop of freshmen edge rushers were not ready, and not better than psalm, o'brien and whomever else.

Why would he take their redshirts off when he's 12-1?
    He could've taken them off two months ago before he was 12-1 when he took off Harris and Rapp's redshirts, but for some reason he chose not to.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Passion said:

He could've taken them off two months ago before he was 12-1 when he took off Harris and Rapp's redshirts, but for some reason he chose not to.
    It wasn't needed before Mathis went down. At that point you're burning them for half a season, whereas Harris and Rapp had a whole season.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Passion said:

Passion said:

It wasn't needed before Mathis went down. At that point you're burning them for half a season, whereas Harris and Rapp had a whole season.
    Mathis only plays on one side. Psalm is on the other. Apparently Amandre and Eifler were not better than psalm.

Again, maybe they will be at some point.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Mathis only plays on one side. Psalm is on the other. Apparently Amandre and Eifler were not better than psalm.

Brian Clay was a starter, hth.
  • Options

Passion said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

Brian Clay was a starter, hth.
    Exactly. I have no doubt that if Pete had better players, Clay wouldn't have started. He's said himself that the best guys will play.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2016
    Passion said:

Shame there is no precedent for player development with this staff.

edit I'm such a doog now. Fuck.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Guys on the bench are always better than the all conference guys on the field playing for a National Championship, they just need more time
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought they played Amandre against Cal?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

Guys on the bench are always better than the all conference guys on the field playing for a National Championship, they just need more time

I know you're being sarcastic, but this is 100% the case.