Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SJSU fires Caragher after 4 years and 19-30 record

which is exactly the same record as Sonny Dykes has had at Cal over the same period.

SJSU gets it, Cal doesn't.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    SJSU has been a better football school than Cal since 1999.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I still don't understand why Cal didn't go after MacIntyre considering he was right down the road.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I still don't understand why Cal didn't go after MacIntyre considering he was right down the road.

Now you understand why Cal Football has never been relevant.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,965
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SurrenderSonny and Hallelujah were pretty much the two finalists for the job. He supposedly bombed the interview, and they didn't think he'd be a good fit.

(Since they'd just sunk $462M into facilities and a stadium rebuild, the Cal folks in charge of the decision felt that they had to go after established and successful HCs who could make a splash instead of going for some lesser-known hot up&coming coordinator ready to make the jump to HC like Tedford had been)
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Mosster47 said:

Now you understand why Cal Football has never been relevant.
    MacIntyre saved his job by hiring the DC he did.

CU is not built for the long haul.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    Yes, Leavitt definitely helped Mac save his job. As far as not being built for the long haul, I guess that depends how you define that.

Defense definitely loses a bit next year with Tupou, Awuzie and Thompson graduating. We also lose Witherspoon, Olugbode, Carrell and Kafovalu although those guys are much more replaceable. Looks like McCartney comes back after getting a med red and as the year has gone on, the backups in most of those positions (Julmisse, Fisher, Oliver especially) have looked quite good with the exception of at DT. We are in on some JC DT recruits so next season's defense may very well hinge on that. A step back for sure, but how big of one remains to be seen.

On the offensive side of the ball, we return basically everyone except Liufau and our center. While Liufau was better than Montez this year because he makes better decisions, Montez has a lot more upside in that he has a stronger, more accurate arm and is probably faster than Liufau too. With nearly everyone else returning on the offensive side of the ball, I expect a significantly improved offense.

I also expect improved special teams as the team builds more depth and gets better young recruits action on ST.

I'm thinking we are an 8-4 type team next year, but one that could easily win 10 games again or go 6-6. I expect 2018 to be an improvement on 2017 looking down the depth chart. So again, depends how you define being built for the long haul. It's certainly not a team that's going back to 4-8 next year.

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, Leavitt definitely helped Mac save his job. As far as not being built for the long haul, I guess that depends how you define that.

Defense definitely loses a bit next year with Tupou, Awuzie and Thompson graduating. We also lose Witherspoon, Olugbode, Carrell and Kafovalu although those guys are much more replaceable. Looks like McCartney comes back after getting a med red and as the year has gone on, the backups in most of those positions (Julmisse, Fisher, Oliver especially) have looked quite good with the exception of at DT. We are in on some JC DT recruits so next season's defense may very well hinge on that. A step back for sure, but how big of one remains to be seen.

On the offensive side of the ball, we return basically everyone except Liufau and our center. While Liufau was better than Montez this year because he makes better decisions, Montez has a lot more upside in that he has a stronger, more accurate arm and is probably faster than Liufau too. With nearly everyone else returning on the offensive side of the ball, I expect a significantly improved offense.

I also expect improved special teams as the team builds more depth and gets better young recruits action on ST.

I'm thinking we are an 8-4 type team next year, but one that could easily win 10 games again or go 6-6. I expect 2018 to be an improvement on 2017 looking down the depth chart. So again, depends how you define being built for the long haul. It's certainly not a team that's going back to 4-8 next year.

This makes you look like a real CU fan, WTF? Or is this a cut and past from someone on Allbuffs?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I've always been real. #dicksoutforharv
  • Options
    @Doogles you didn't lead me to shit other than Dawgman back in the day.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

i got the o/u of your win total at 5.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Update: @BuffBuffPass just lost his fit-bit at the bar and is an emotional wreck.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Update: @BuffBuffPass just lost his fit-bit at the bar and is an emotional wreck.

My two dads got it for me for Kwanzaa right before they got divorced. That FitBit was more than just a pedometer to me; it was a symbol of their love that has now been forever lost.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

My two dads got it for me for Kwanzaa right before they got divorced. That FitBit was more than just a pedometer to me; it was a symbol of their love that has now been forever lost.
    ISWYDT
  • Options

Doogles said:

GAFRA

get a fucking room already
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

Doogles said:

GAFRA

Hurtful. No need to lash out just because your team hired the wrong coach.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Doogles said:

GAFRA

Hurtful. No need to lash out just because your team hired the wrong coach.
    I didn't tell you to LEAVE!, just GAFRA
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My caring about Colorado expires Friday night