Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just saw Gary Pinkel

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited November 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
In the lobby of my Seattle Hotel and introduced myself....My day is now complete!

Comments

• Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wasn't he our OC under James that influential boosters thought was too plain when they pressured him to hire Gilby as OC? Seem to recall reading that years ago.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Baphomet said:

Wasn't he our OC under James that influential boosters thought was too plain when they pressured him to hire Gilby as OC? Seem to recall reading that years ago.

Yep. Gilby left the job as Idaho HC to take our OC job.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Baphomet said:

Yep. He was super conservative back then. Then he embraced the spread in a huge way about halfway through his tenure at Mizzou.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Baphomet said:

Yep. Gilby left the job as Idaho HC to take our OC job.
    Technically, Gilby took the offensive line coach job at UW in 1989 and injected the one-back into the offensse. He became the OC two years later after Pinkel went to Toledo.
    Wow so Gilby went from a HC to an OL coach? Was he co-OC or anything?