Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Everybody just needs to shut the fuck up

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,417
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited November 2016 in Tug Tavern
And listen/watch some MTV from the last time the POTUS was about to nuke the world. Some damned good tunes from those days.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-SmMaqRdmxZGZQeWltOFl1R1E/view

Wood still hit Martha Quinn even after Peter Brady dropped his seed there.

Back to back to back at 4:20:00 : Heart, Molly Hatchet and Chilliwack.

Fuck those were good times.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Night Tracks or gtfo
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Of the Queens Bridge Laracuentes?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

MTV is a fucking shit show now. Has sucked ass for years. It isn't even music. It's teenage soap opera bullshit. Fuck MTV.

This is a dumb complaint. They have multiple channels dedicated to music.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,639
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bringing on the Heartache was one of like three videos they had when they launched. Def Leppard was one of many bands that hit big just because had videos.

People do forget though that there were videos out there. I saw the Pretenders I'm special at the movies paired with Neil Young's Journey through the Past. Pre MTV
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,724
    Founders Club

Bringing on the Heartache was one of like three videos they had when they launched. Def Leppard was one of many bands that hit big just because had videos.

People do forget though that there were videos out there. I saw the Pretenders I'm special at the movies paired with Neil Young's Journey through the Past. Pre MTV

George Harrison claimed The Beatles invented the music video.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,639
    Swaye's Wigwam

George Harrison claimed The Beatles invented the music video.
    I'll allow it. There was Shindig and Bandstand where artists could pull songs from but not videos per se
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,247
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Good Chit @RaceBannon #greatmemories. Re: Neil Young, Rust Never Sleeps was better than Journey through the Past.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

MTV is a fucking shit show now. Has sucked ass for years. It isn't even music. It's teenage soap opera bullshit. Fuck MTV.

This is a dumb complaint. They have multiple channels dedicated to music.
    Do you think they have more than one MTV on the rez?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I remember the first time I saw MTV. The year was 1983. I was spending the night over at my buddy Bruce Laracuente's house. He and his family had moved to Seattle from Queens. Drove cross country in a beat up green Pinto.

I'm sitting in his living room. Bruce and his brother Mike got into a shouting match and began throwing punches and rolling around violently. Meanwhile, I was completely transfixed on this channel with all these music videos. David Bowie's Let's Dance is one I remember from that day.

When we got it at our house soon after, my sister and I watched for countless hours every day.

When they did their weekly top 20 countdown, I became convinced that it was such bullshit and rigged. So I created a giant board on our downstairs wall and forced our neighbors and my sister to vote their favorites, and then we posted the REAL top 20 on the wall each week.

Yes I was a weird kid, and yes that is a good memory.

Thank you PurpleThrobber.

The polls were WRONG?!?!?!!!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,011
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2016
    I've read a couple of books on early and mid mtv ('81 to 2000), plus bios of dave mustaine, duff mckagan, and Stephen pearcy. I'll admit one of them was written by that annoying bitch Kennedy, but it was interesting. It sounded like the coke flowed big time, especially in the 80s. Swaye would have loved it.

I wish I was five years older (I used to, not anymore). Gotta love the hair band period and I was a few years to young to appreciate it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,417

I've read a couple of books on early and mid mtv ('81 to 2000), plus bios of dave mustaine, duff mckagan, and Stephen pearcy. I'll admit one of them was written by that annoying bitch Kennedy, but it was interesting. It sounded like the coke flowed big time, especially in the 80s. Swaye would have loved it.

I wish I was five years older (I used to, not anymore). Gotta love the hair band period and I was a few years to young to appreciate it.

This was an easy read but I liked the style of the book - the four remaining VJ's took turns writing on their experience at MTV. Mark Goodman and Alan Hunter were pretty much drunk/stoned for most of their run.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

My earliest MTV memory was Blink 182 running naked through LA.

#millennial
    #fag
    #whatsmyageagain

Mine was Beavis and Butthead. I actually hated it when the music video's came on during the show.
  • Options

I remember the first time I saw MTV. The year was 1983. I was spending the night over at my buddy Bruce Laracuente's house. He and his family had moved to Seattle from Queens. Drove cross country in a beat up green Pinto.

I'm sitting in his living room. Bruce and his brother Mike got into a shouting match and began throwing punches and rolling around violently. Meanwhile, I was completely transfixed on this channel with all these music videos. David Bowie's Let's Dance is one I remember from that day.

When we got it at our house soon after, my sister and I watched for countless hours every day.

When they did their weekly top 20 countdown, I became convinced that it was such bullshit and rigged. So I created a giant board on our downstairs wall and forced our neighbors and my sister to vote their favorites, and then we posted the REAL top 20 on the wall each week.

Yes I was a weird kid, and yes that is a good memory.

Thank you PurpleThrobber.

That explains a lot.