Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is or was Coleman under utilized?..

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nailed it Dennis and it means something coming from you as you've been pretty guilty of kicking guys to the curb (figuratively but as an influential internet analyst) early in their career. I think we're all still scrubbing off some of the stain from years of gobbling up a shit product.

Good/great recruiting means you find a few amazing players in every class who can have a real impact as teenagers, but most of them start to show up in their third year when they start to grow up and shine in their 4th. RN and Sark never understood this, and TyGilby...well it just didn't matter.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To be fair, we were always right to kick guys to the curb. If they weren't playing by their R-Fr season they sucked. I remember dogman poster saying "Potato, Kohler, Criste, etc were only sophomores, but unless you were an idiot, you already knew they were worthless.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

To be fair, we were always right to kick guys to the curb. If they weren't playing by their R-Fr season they sucked. I remember dogman poster saying "Potato, Kohler, Criste, etc were only sophomores, but unless you were an idiot, you already knew they were worthless.

Talking about my buddy Yaledawg? Yeah he was bad about that. I think he watched a lot of practices or something and seemed to know more about the players who weren't playing yet...or at least he was good at acting like he knew. I argued with him about a fair # of young players and turned out to be wrong in every case. I still think that the only reason he was always right, though, is that we were arguing about players who Sark and staff had already given up on and weren't even coaching or treating like part of the program anymore. The staff was so unprofessional that they let Kim et al be privy to this kind of info and it made its way to posters like Yaledawg who were in tight with them.