Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Really like this guy.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
Look, I don't know if he's ready to be a head coach, but I like Wilcox. Hey may not have all of Saban's qualities, but listen to his emphasis on the "process" of preparation and detail, and how annoyed he is with stupid media questions, including from kimberly.

Link: blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/10/08/video-uws-justin-wilcox-on-matchup-with-no-2-oregon/

Comments

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Interesting thought.

Dream scenario would be beating Oregon (I never talk about hypothetical) and Sark jettig for USC and Wilcox becoming interim coach for the rest of the season. We would get a decent taste to how he might fare at HC.

I like Wilcox too he has the demeanor of a HC. He isn't trying to be the medias best friend and even on weeks his D does good all you hear him talk about the next day is how they weren't perfect.

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

Dream scenario would be beating Oregon (I never talk about hypothetical) and Sark jettig for USC and Wilcox becoming interim coach for the rest of the season. We would get a decent taste to how he might fare at HC.

I like Wilcox too he has the demeanor of a HC. He isn't trying to be the medias best friend and even on weeks his D does good all you hear him talk about the next day is how they weren't perfect.

If we beat Oregon we are already in the dream scenario. Sark gets a truck full of money and all of us go back into our moms' basements. Happily.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Two problems:
    1. USC won't hire away an existing HC before December.
    2. Promoting Wilcox to interim HC now almost certainly locks UW into him for the long term without ever taking the opportunity to find the best coach available.

Wilcox may very well be one of the best HC candidates around, but it's totally fucktarded to just give him the keys without looking around.

I said "dream scenario" not "realistic scenario". Some of you need to learn the difference.

Your dream scenario blows.

A REAL dream scenario has Nick Saban coaching the Huskies next year.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

I said "dream scenario" not "realistic scenario". Some of you need to learn the difference.

Yea but still.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Tussin me while I WOOF!

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    edited October 2013

Here's what really happens if we beat Oregon:

1. The goal posts will come down - that is how much things have changed.
    2. Sark will give a kick ass presser and all of us, for a moment, will wish we were in his inner circle of friends.
    3. All the idiots I call my friends will start using phrases like, "the natural order of things is being restored - us and USC on top again baby!"
    4. Someone in the pantheon of power at USC will realize that Sarkesian is a heavier, less handsome version of Lane Kiffin and will not want a redoux.
    5. Someone in the pantheon of power at Washington will think we have the next Pete Caroll and role Sarkesian a 5-year extension with a healthy number of 00s attached to it.
    6. We'll be stuck forever.

The only time-tested way to get rid of a coach you don't like is to lose. That is what you realistically need to hope for.

Of course he could "win" his way to a better job, but the probabilities on my 1-6 are much higher than him winning and being hired away.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

A REAL dream scenario has Nick Saban coaching the Huskies next year ten years ago.
    Crisped that fucker up.

2. Sark will give a kick ass presser and all of us, for a moment, will wish we were in his inner circle of friends.
    3. All the idiots I call my friends will start using phrases like, "the natural order of things is being restored - us and USC on top again baby!"
    4. Someone in the pantheon of power at USC will realize that Sarkesian is a heavier, less handsome version of Lane Kiffin and will not want a redoux.
    5. Someone in the pantheon of power at Washington will think we have the next Pete Caroll and role Sarkesian a 5-year extension with a healthy number of 00s attached to it.

The only time-tested way to get rid of a coach you don't like is to lose. That is what you realistically need to hope for.

Of course he could "win" his way to a better job, but the probabilities on my 1-6 are much higher than him winning and being hired away.
    YR, YK

I'm not good at rooting for UW losses though. The last time I rooted for UW to lose, Reese dropped the pass in the end zone, Hawaii intercepted it and I celebrated liberation, only for Ty to come back the next year.

The lesson as always: We're fucked whether we win or lose. Might as well doog it up on Saturdays.
    dnc said:

YR, YK

I'm not good at rooting for UW losses though. The last time I rooted for UW to lose, Reese dropped the pass in the end zone, Hawaii intercepted it and I celebrated liberation, only for Ty to come back the next year.

The lesson as always: We're fucked whether we win or lose. Might as well doog it up on Saturdays.
    I enjoyed the hell out of the magical 2008 season.

dnc said:

YR, YK

I enjoyed the hell out of the magical 2008 season.
    And it got us Sark.

That's kind of my poont.

A REAL dream scenario has Jim Mora coaching the Huskies next year ten years ago.

Crisped that fucker up.
    There, now it's fixed.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    edited October 2013

I say throw a 4-7$M salary out there and see who calls.
  • Dream scenario would be beating Oregon (I never talk about hypothetical) and Sark jettig for USC and Wilcox becoming interim coach for the rest of the season. We would get a decent taste to how he might fare at HC.

Your assuming Pool Boy hasn't already done that after the 4-0 start? Remember the secret extension he gave Holt in 2010? The secret extension Emmert gave Pool Boy as a final fuck you to the program he destroyed?

I wouldn't be surprised one bit after we lose to ASU and the Huskies are sitting at 4-3 you'll hear rumblings of Sark on the hot seat. Then Pool Boy will announce he's not going anywhere and he was extended three weeks ago.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Tussin me while I WOOF!

Wish I could up vote twice. Actually cracked up over that one.