Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to CFB Rankings Doogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Blame the coogs for loosing. They should be top 10 now. Stanford will finish with a 10 win season. Colorado will climb as well
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

It's November 1st. Win out and you probably make it. If we don't, then you can blame the shit scheduling and campaign for a 8 team tournament.

Freaking out over rankings right now is ridiculous, even if they got it wrong.

My current top 4:

Alabama
    Clemson
    Michigan
    Ohio St

Washington is better than Ohio St.
    And Michigan

Ohio State is going to anal rape Harbough
    Colorado hung with Mich at home into the third and had to fuck up not to be closer.
    That is such bullshit. They beat a better than Utah team by like 14.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

You have your ballot and I have mine.

Neither of ours count.

Go back to the old bowl system or do a larger playoff where major conference champs get in.

With promotion/relegation. IMO.

Agree. Every major conference champ. 3 at larges to get it to 8. No one can bitch
    Hilarious. Somebody's gotta be #9. And who can say, on any given Saturday, #9 couldn't upset #1?

In college hoops, NCAA tourney has bloated to 68 teams, with #69 having exactly zero chance of beating anyone. And yet there's an entire media cycle devoted to #69 (and #70, and #71...) bitching.

Besides, an 8-team tourney takes too long. There is no solution. CFB playoffs are hopelessly fucktarded and invariably beholden to the subjective polling that they are proposed to avoid. Give me back my bowls, then get the fuck off my lawn.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    TTJ said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

Neither of ours count.

Go back to the old bowl system or do a larger playoff where major conference champs get in.

Agree. Every major conference champ. 3 at larges to get it to 8. No one can bitch
    Hilarious. Somebody's gotta be #9. And who can say, on any given Saturday, #9 couldn't upset #1?

In college hoops, NCAA tourney has bloated to 68 teams, with #69 having exactly zero chance of beating anyone. And yet there's an entire media cycle devoted to #69 (and #70, and #71...) bitching.

Besides, an 8-team tourney takes too long. There is no solution. CFB playoffs are hopelessly fucktarded and invariably beholden to the subjective polling that they are proposed to avoid. Give me back my bowls, then get the fuck off my lawn.
    That's because there are 30 teams from scrub conferences that aren't top-100 let alone top 68 that get an auto-bid. Teams ranked 50-70 usually aren't even on the bubble.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2016

8-0 undefeated team from a power 5 should be ranked with the other undefeated teams. Doog or not this is total disrespect for the Pac 12.
    And I was at the PSU game. They actually should have beat OSU two years ago at PSU but Hackenburgh couldn't score a TD as time was winding out, and it went OT
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    mobey said:

PurpleJ said:

It's November 1st. Win out and you probably make it. If we don't, then you can blame the shit scheduling and campaign for a 8 team tournament.

Freaking out over rankings right now is ridiculous, even if they got it wrong.

My current top 4:

Alabama
    Clemson
    Michigan
    Ohio St

Washington is better than Ohio St.
    And Michigan

Ohio State is going to anal rape Harbough
    Colorado hung with Mich at home into the third and had to fuck up not to be closer.
    Colorado was beating Mich until their starting QB went down.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    TTJ said:

dhdawg said:

PurpleJ said:

Neither of ours count.

wrong. in that scenario. you don't get in you should have won your conference. every conference gets a shot
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

8-0 undefeated team from a power 5 should be ranked with the other undefeated teams. Doog or not this is total disrespect for the Pac 12.
    And I was at the PSU game. They actually should have beat OSU two years ago at PSU but Hackenburgh couldn't score a TD as time was winding out, and it went OT

Rick Neuheisal is your source?