Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wilner gives Sark his due credit for the undefeated Huskies

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sark's 2013 class was legit. Only because of Petersen though. Players have developed and this year finally developed some consistency under Petersen. That never happened with Sark.

But Ross, Qualls, Victor, Bierria, King, Daniels, String.... I'm sure that class had some kind of fucked up balance, but all these guys are big time players. Only a few probably would have been under Sark.

King would still be a useless safety and Qualls probably would have quit or be fat as fuck.
    Qualls was destined to be good no matter what. I was shocked Sark actually red shirted him.

String and Peters were the only guys who left that were legit regardless.

Kikaha was always good. Shelton went from undrafted to first rounder because of Petersen.

Lindquist is probably Petersen's biggest failure in terms of player development. Maybe he's just comfortable and won't put in the work necessary, but he has the tools.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Sark's 2013 class was legit. Only because of Petersen though. Players have developed and this year finally developed some consistency under Petersen. That never happened with Sark.

But Ross, Qualls, Victor, Bierria, King, Daniels, String.... I'm sure that class had some kind of fucked up balance, but all these guys are big time players. Only a few probably would have been under Sark.

King would still be a useless safety and Qualls probably would have quit or be fat as fuck.
    Qualls was destined to be good no matter what. I was shocked Sark actually red shirted him.

Kikaha was always good. Shelton went from undrafted to first rounder because of Petersen.

Lindquist is probably Petersen's biggest failure in terms of player development. Maybe he's just comfortable and won't put in the work necessary, but he has the tools.
    I'm gonna disagree with you and say that Lindquist just sucks dick. Great kid though, puts the team first. From Mercer Island too.
    He seems like a real blue collar lunch pail type, the kinda guy you want to finger your daughter, so you might be right.

If he can't thrive in this system, he probably can't thrive anywhere. That being said he passes the look test and should be more productive than he is as a 5th year senior.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The 2010 class was awesome too. Who can forget the Cascade Front? 2011 was loaded as well. But we saw Sark squander all of that talent in the name of seven win seasons. To think he wouldn't have done the same with the 2013 class is Wilner FS.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,914

Sark recruited players that liked to be recruited and not the ones who love football. Sure he got a few guys from in state but no matter who is the coach of WA they will get those guys.

To be totally honest, Sark was recruiting against Pual Wulff and his band of merry mental midget assistants.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    AIRWOLF said:

Wilner fellates goats.

Think of the goats!

Is it ok to call for Wilner to be castrated around here?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Lindquist should have gone to UCLA to hold a clipboard.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,951
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Please tell me you're talking about Danny Shelton and not the NFL potential for Coleman Shelton.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,029
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    if this helps sark get the fresno state job then im all for it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

His struggles at QB aside, Lindquist is a reliable holder for field goals and PATs.

I saw him perfectly place at least one high snap against Utah.

Not every player is going to pan out like his recruiting profile suggests.

But Lindquist is contributing to the team.

Very optimistic outlook on Lindquist. He's horrible and a white walk on WR could hold just as well as Lindquist.

I do like that Petersen get guys playing time if they are doing the right things. I hated it when Constantine was letting the opponent gets 10 yards every run, but it mostly helps. It's why guys like O'Brien, Beaver, and even Psalm aren't total disasters even though they aren't good. They actually played in real games, not just garbage time.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

His struggles at QB aside, Lindquist is a reliable holder for field goals and PATs.

Very optimistic outlook on Lindquist. He's horrible and a white walk on WR could hold just as well as Lindquist.

I do like that Petersen get guys playing time if they are doing the right things. I hated it when Constantine was letting the opponent gets 10 yards every run, but it mostly helps. It's why guys like O'Brien, Beaver, and even Psalm aren't total disasters even though they aren't good. They actually played in real games, not just garbage time.
    Oof. I forgot about Constantine.

He is really bad.
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

So you like "program guys" who fit into whatever role the coaches ask.

But you think it's also important we recognize these same program guys are actually not worth a shit.

Is that the point you're making?

I'm good with any player the coaches think is contributing to UW Football.

We're gonna have 85 players on scholarship. Many of them will never be full-time starters, but that doesn't mean they can't help the Dawgs win in even a some way.

It's also a lot easier for the staff to manage egos when kids accept and embrace their places as role players.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So you like "program guys" who fit into whatever role the coaches ask.

But you think it's also important we recognize these same program guys are actually not worth a shit.

Is that the point you're making?

I'm good with any player the coaches think is contributing to UW Football.

We're gonna have 85 players on scholarship. Many of them will never be full-time starters, but that doesn't mean they can't help the Dawgs win in even a some way.

It's also a lot easier for the staff to manage egos when kids accept and embrace their places as role players.