Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Utah sucks

That's all I have.

What a gay useless non-content thread

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trying to improve your gay and useless thread here...

Are you referring to the Ute Football team or the state as a whole? As a former resident who has made much yellow snow in its mountains I can tell you that not everything about Utah sucks. That said, I hate Ute football since they joined the PAC. Fuck those guys and us if we?pull a choke job.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Are you referring to the Ute Football team or the state as a whole? As a former resident who has made much yellow snow in its mountains I can tell you that not everything about Utah sucks. That said, I hate Ute football since they joined the PAC. Fuck those guys and us if we?pull a choke job.

Pumpy?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222

You post like a former Utah resident and the title of this thread

Carry on
    Swaye's Wigwam

You post like a former Utah resident and the title of this thread

Carry on
    Someone around here has to be classy and say some nice things about the state.

Now go jump in some fucking muddy puddles
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Agree. Parts of the state are awesome. Zion, Bryce, USR 12, Escalante National Monument, etc. The only thing that really sucks in Utah are dry towns. Pro tip - map them out before embarking and avoid.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2016
    MisterEm said:

Agree. Parts of the state are awesome. Zion, Bryce, USR 12, Escalante National Monument, etc. The only thing that really sucks in Utah are dry towns. Pro tip - map them out before embarking and avoid.
    The people and church influence suck. Period.

No amount of resource bounty (albeit gorgeous) will circumvent the land of MoMos.

HTH
    It's a theocracy for sure which makes it tough no doubt but there are a few pockets here and there in the SLC city limits and Park City where the MoMo thing isn't too bad. And if you're a skier, fly angler, mt biker, etc, it's pretty kick ass. Plus the 3.2 beers keep you from getting a DUI.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Plus, we finally got real bars a just a few years ago. You can walk into a bar like a real American and buy a drink. Revolutionary around here. Before you had to panhandle a 5 dollar membership because only private clubs could function like a real bar.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    89ute said:

Plus, we finally got real bars a just a few years ago. You can walk into a bar like a real American and buy a drink. Revolutionary around here. Before you had to panhandle a 5 dollar membership because only private clubs could function like a real bar.

Arches National Park is nice and all, but fuck that and all the other LDS bullshit.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Utah sucks.

@Dennis_DeYoung have you had a chance to read Under the Banner of Heaven yet? Really a quick and easy page turner and not any 1000 page, ivory tower bullshit.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    89ute said:

AIRWOLF said:

89ute said:

Arches National Park is nice and all, but fuck that and all the other LDS bullshit.
    I'm immune to it. It's a clean, safe city and you can easily find fun. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    SLC/Provo is the only part of Utah I have been to that I didn't like.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,714
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Some BC fans used to troll BYU pretty hard. Mommy number 14 jokes and stuff like that. I don't quite have that amount of dislike for Ute. I believe a Warren Jeffs joke is in order though.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    89ute said:

AIRWOLF said:

89ute said:

I'm immune to it. It's a clean, safe city and you can easily find fun. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    The bad is not that bad as long as they're not trying to convert or "save" your ass. Most mormons I know are good people, I have no problem with them.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

89ute said:

AIRWOLF said:

89ute said:

The bad is not that bad as long as they're not trying to convert or "save" your ass. Most mormons I know are good people, I have no problem with them.
    Ted Bundy liked them just fine.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ted was alright, but he's no Gary Ridgway.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

89ute said:

AIRWOLF said:

89ute said:

Ted Bundy liked them just fine.
    GO DAWGS!