Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pass Defense Stats that aren't FS

AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
The way the NCAA officially calculates stats is fucking retarded. No surprise there.

Sacks coming out of rushing yardage makes zero sense, obviously.

Since I like to avoid my paying job that requires me to work with statistics in order to work with statistics on football for fun, I put together a more senisble set of pass defense stats.

Basically, I have added sacks back into the passing category (in terms of both attempts and net yardage) and am looking at everything on a per dropback (attempts + sacks) basis.

The list is ranked in terms of yards per dropback. The national average on that statistic is 6.27 yds/dropback. So Michigan is allowing almost exactly half of the national average. The Big 10 isn't known for its dynamic passing offenses, but that is pretty crazy.

The Huskies look very good across the board. Clearly the usual caveats in terms of SOS apply, but it is evident how great a combination it is to have a defensive front that can get pressure rushing four with a defensive backfield that can lock down receivers. No shit, right?

But they mentioned on the telecast the other day that every UW sack except for one came when they were rushing four.

By way of comparison, here is how the Huskies' remaining opponents look:

ASU...LOL

Comments