Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla's Thoughts - Oregon St

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,820
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
1) All you need to know about the game was that they were up 31-0 at half ... taking anything else out of this game and trying to read into is PuppyFS ... the coaches I'm sure will be all up on their ass about it (and I'm guessing they are loving the fact that they have something to rip into them on going into Utah) but the game was over at half. The blocked kick is great that it happened during a blowout and they can work on it leading into Utah (where I expect Utah is going to sell out at some point to get one) ... these are not bad things for the coaches to have on film and have the attention of the players going into next week.

2) UW supporters should be big Ohio St supporters the rest of the season ... their loss today makes it very likely that assuming that Alabama, Clemson, and UW win out, Ohio St would get the 4th seed and a game against Alabama. The only thing that UW should be paying attention to as it pertains to the national picture is making sure that we're playing in the 2-3 game in the Fiesta Bowl and not the 1-4 game in Miami at the Orange Bowl.

3) What was talked about on the TSIO podcast a few episodes ago about preparing for the Apple Cup being for the PAC North title you can start freshening the ink up on that as the Cougs remaining schedule is @ Oregon St., home to Arizona and Cal, and at Colorado ... finding 2 losses in there is getting increasingly difficult (looking at Cal and Colorado) ... UW is still a far better team than the Cougs ... but get prepared to get sick of hearing how great the Cougs are for the next month.

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

1) All you need to know about the game was that they were up 31-0 at half ... taking anything else out of this game and trying to read into is PuppyFS ... the coaches I'm sure will be all up on their ass about it (and I'm guessing they are loving the fact that they have something to rip into them on going into Utah) but the game was over at half. The blocked kick is great that it happened during a blowout and they can work on it leading into Utah (where I expect Utah is going to sell out at some point to get one) ... these are not bad things for the coaches to have on film and have the attention of the players going into next week.

2) UW supporters should be big Ohio St supporters the rest of the season ... their loss today makes it very likely that assuming that Alabama, Clemson, and UW win out, Ohio St would get the 4th seed and a game against Alabama. The only thing that UW should be paying attention to as it pertains to the national picture is making sure that we're playing in the 2-3 game in the Fiesta Bowl and not the 1-4 game in Miami at the Orange Bowl.

3) What was talked about on the TSIO podcast a few episodes ago about preparing for the Apple Cup being for the PAC North title you can start freshening the ink up on that as the Cougs remaining schedule is @ Oregon St., home to Arizona and Cal, and at Colorado ... finding 2 losses in there is getting increasingly difficult (looking at Cal and Colorado) ... UW is still a far better team than the Cougs ... but get prepared to get sick of hearing how great the Cougs are for the next month.

I AGREE... ALTHOUGH USC IS SOFT... WE FEAST ON SOFT TEAMS
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But what about TCU ?
  • Options
    Doesn't matter about any team remaining on our schedule and if we win out prior to the Apple Cup (which we should if we play at the high end of our ability) ... the reality is that the likelihood is that the Cougs will enter the Apple Cup with 1 conference loss. If they win, they win the North ... simple as that

And yes, the Cougs fucked up not being ready to play to start the season because having another Top 10 caliber team in the conference would give significant credit to the victor of the game in the court of public opinion.

It's not unreasonable to assume that UW may finish the 12 game season with not a single team on their schedule in the Top 25.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,018
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Awfully warm for indigenous peoples day.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The whole team relaxed pretty much in the second half

Was pretty disgusting to give up two TDs and a FG in the second half to such a terrible team but tend to agree it was a scrimmage at that point

Let's hope Utah is the next "Stanford after Portland St."
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Feels very Auburbdawg
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The 1-4 playoff matchup is actually in Atlanta, not Miami. Which is even worse for whoever has to play Bama because it's essentially a home game for them.

While Pete did go down to the Georgia Dome with Boise St. back in 2011 and beat Georgia, this Bama team is a different animal than that. We?'re fucked if it comes to that.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

The 1-4 playoff matchup is actually in Atlanta, not Miami. Which is even worse for whoever has to play Bama because it's essentially a home game for them.

While Pete did go down to the Georgia Dome with Boise St. back in 2011 and beat Georgia, this Bama team is a different animal than that. We?'re fucked if it comes to that.

Ohio state lost today and for the past decade they have owned Michigan. Unlikely an undefeated record gets 4
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2016
    I don't know why we are worrying about Alabama. Pedo St just beat Ohio St for Pete's sake (See what I did there?). We have to play a Utah team that is confident and riding high and is going to want to come out and make a statement against UW. Then we have to play Cal away (must I explain?). Then a revived USC squad that is also hungry. Then at home against a team we haven't beat since what? 2003? Then we have to play a WSU team in Pullman (possibly snowing and we might forget to bring shoes leading to brown socks) that will want to ruin our season. If we manage that one then we are looking at another tough match up against Colorado or Utah.. And we're worried about the playoffs? playoffs?

Hell if we even make it to the playoffs we should be popping champagne, even if that means we have to get molested by Alabama. We haven't won shit since 2001 and we are worried about Alabama with 5+1 games to go in the regular season plus a championship game if WSU doesn't ruin that for us.

I'm not saying we can't make the playoffs but shit, the level of doogin' here is over 9,000!
    It's not that I have a problem with doogin' I just don't want to see all your hearts broken when we fuck it up, because I love you all as much as I loved watching Blake Lively all sexy on a rock surrounded by sharks. And shit, this season we weren't suppose to even be this good, it was all about next year.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I don't know why we are worrying about Alabama. Pedo St just beat Ohio St for Pete's sake (See what I did there?). We have to play a Utah team that is confident and riding high and is going to want to come out and make a statement against UW. Then we have to play Cal away (must I explain?). Then a revived USC squad that is also hungry. Then at home against a team we haven't beat since what? 2003? Then we have to play a WSU team in Pullman (possibly snowing and we might forget to bring shoes leading to brown socks) that will want to ruin our season. If we manage that one then we are looking at another tough match up against Colorado or Utah.. And we're worried about the playoffs? playoffs?

Hell if we even make it to the playoffs we should be popping champagne, even if that means we have to get molested by Alabama. We haven't won shit since 2001 and we are worried about Alabama with 5+1 games to go in the regular season plus a championship game if WSU doesn't ruin that for us.

I'm not saying we can't make the playoffs but shit, the level of doogin' here is over 9,000!
    It's not that I have a problem with doogin' I just don't want to see all your hearts broken when we fuck it up, because I love you all as much as I loved watching Blake Lively all sexy on a rock surrounded by sharks. And shit, this season we weren't suppose to even be this good, it was all about next year.

DOOG ON BROTHA IT'S MORE FUN
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,117
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Awfully warm for indigenous peoples day.

FREE PUB
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,117
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This. I've been saying for weeks that no team left on our schedule is better than us, but we drop one or two anyway. I still think that. It's fun to talk about the CFP, but reality is we are going to drop one or two of these last five. Book it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Tequilla way out over his skis. Big surprise there. This team hasn't won anything yet let alone been selected for anything. Still firmly in prove it mode.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Between us losing 2 of the next 4 and the Cougs doing the same based on our schedules, the odds we do it are 4:1 vs. them

I am scared shitless of every game from here on out minus the ASU one. What I keep telling myself to keep from jumping off Mount St. Helens (closest tall object here in Lewis County) is the only team that can beat us in this conference is ourselves. If we play our A/A-/even B+ game we win out.

Kicking one of the next four still leaves winning the north on the table, and that was the 1st goal for this team at the start of the year.
  • Options
    Not over my skis at all ... I said the following 3 things and these are inline with what I've said on the pod ...

1) don't make too much out of this Beaver game

2) Ohio St's loss takes us away from Alabama in the semi's IF we get that far undefeated

3) the Apple Cup is very likely for the North title

And as a bonus to those that have missed me saying this, we need to go 1-0 each week through the regular season and be undefeated if we want into the Playoff. But the first goal to any team is to win the conference first ... can't win anything nationally if you don't first do that
  • Options
    TCU is a rebuilding football team this year ... not very good
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like FSU over Clemson next week. It's too early to talk playoffs with all the uncertainty. Lots of games left. We just need to win out.
  • Options
    One of the few times I agree with you J ... I've been saying for weeks win the conference ... but we are also essentially 5-6 games away ... so each week makes the conversation more relevant ...

In theory we have played only 40% of our conference games ...

There will be more than a few that will take Utah next weekend .... that's a good thing