Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Markelle Fultz

This guy has crazy hype, and is even projected to go #1 overall at the next draft. Is there any chance we can lose in the first round of the tournament this year?

Comments

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Between the football team potentially playing in meaningful bowl game(s) this year and the NFL playoffs will anyone even realize basketball season is starting?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    section8 said:

Between the football team potentially playing in meaningful bowl game(s) this year and the NFL playoffs will anyone even realize basketball season is starting happened?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    dnc said:

section8 said:

Between the football team potentially playing in meaningful bowl game(s) this year and the NFL playoffs will anyone even realize basketball season is starting?

The basketball program's problem is the basketball program. Had they done what they had the opportunity to while we? had a shitty football program for 15 years and no Sonics people would still GAF about them. But they chose to stay irrelevant, so irrelevant they will stay.
    The Romar excuse is a glow worm many point to, but the AD should still take a large portion of the pie. When your team is on a roll, and you're starting to pack your gyms left and right and create an atmosphere, it's never a good idea to completely eliminate any pre-season game(cough cough zags). It's never a good idea to start fucking games on seahawk game times, 8 and 9pm start times, 6pm start times, sundays, etc. Start the fucking games at a time most humans want and can go to a game at(nobody is watching you on tv anyhow, sans myself and @dnc ) Schedule a couple of middle tier road games during December when kids are off campus to prepare yourself for pac12 play. This whole shit schedule when nobody is in town anyway does fucking nothing to prepare the team.

Alas, if it's romar pushing for all this it's still both their faults for not standing up to him and also firing his ass. But i have given up on that(more on that in a future post), but the AD should be to blame for the pile which remains in terms of fan participation.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

section8 said:

The basketball program's problem is the basketball program. Had they done what they had the opportunity to while we? had a shitty football program for 15 years and no Sonics people would still GAF about them. But they chose to stay irrelevant, so irrelevant they will stay.
    The Romar excuse is a glow worm many point to, but the AD should still take a large portion of the pie. When your team is on a roll, and you're starting to pack your gyms left and right and create an atmosphere, it's never a good idea to completely eliminate any pre-season game(cough cough zags). It's never a good idea to start fucking games on seahawk game times, 8 and 9pm start times, 6pm start times, sundays, etc. Start the fucking games at a time most humans want and can go to a game at(nobody is watching you on tv anyhow, sans myself and @dnc ) Schedule a couple of middle tier road games during December when kids are off campus to prepare yourself for pac12 play. This whole shit schedule when nobody is in town anyway does fucking nothing to prepare the team.

Alas, if it's romar pushing for all this it's still both their faults for not standing up to him and also firing his ass. But i have given up on that(more on that in a future post), but the AD should be to blame for the pile which remains in terms of fan participation.
    Completely agree.

We! had a great window to establish something and did everything we could to stifle it.

FYMEFE
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I assume you're talking about the NIT because there's no way we're going to the NCAA tournament. And there are plenty of ways we can do that, but with LoRo, it's most likely to be lack of free throw shooting and turnovers.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    The basketball team from 2004-2009 helped me from commiting suicide once football was over
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This will be one of those "there goes Tequilla on a rant" type of posts ...

But I was down at the IMA the other day with the balance of the hoops team down there ... I was on my way out the door but decided to stay around and watch to see what they would do, etc. It'd be one thing if they were playing mostly other kids and just fucking around ... but they were playing each other and just fucking around. The season starts I believe in less than 3 weeks. I have no doubt that they'll be the most underachieving team in America ... they fuck around way too much versus working on developing their craft.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

But I was down at the IMA the other day with the balance of the hoops team down there ... I was on my way out the door but decided to stay around and watch to see what they would do, etc. It'd be one thing if they were playing mostly other kids and just fucking around ... but they were playing each other and just fucking around. The season starts I believe in less than 3 weeks. I have no doubt that they'll be the most underachieving team in America ... they fuck around way too much versus working on developing their craft.

I just can't wait to say Romar couldn't make the tournament with a a top 5 pick. Plenty of first rounders so far, but no sure fire top 5 uber talents like Fultz wasted yet...until this year!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

I just can't wait to say Romar couldn't make the tournament with a a top 5 pick. Plenty of first rounders so far, but no sure fire top 5 uber talents like Fultz wasted yet...until this year!
    2016-2017 is gonna be special!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

I will rarely defend romar, but once in a while some people actually play basketball to fuck around and have a little fun. They practice multiple times a day, and have individuals, as well as weights, etc. The fact that they may be at the IMA on an offday or after practice, as a team, having some fun playing basketball is actually a good sign in my opinion. So many of the teams in the past 5-6 years hated each other on various levels.

People make way too much of when players aren't 100% serious 100% of the day. They are fucking 18 and sometimes want to dick around and have some fun at something they are ridiculously good at. College hoops is an adjustment for a lot of players from H/s when they realize it goes from fun to fun+job.
    I think the bigger issue is that this moron thinks a 75 ft trick shot proves the haters wrong.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

section8 said:

I support @bballtequilla
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

section8 said:

I support @bballtequilla
    Always comforting to have a coug pitted against anything I poast.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,129
    Zero chance Romar gets canned this year. We have a great recruiting class for 2017-18!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I will rarely defend romar, but once in a while some people actually play basketball to fuck around and have a little fun. They practice multiple times a day, and have individuals, as well as weights, etc. The fact that they may be at the IMA on an offday or after practice, as a team, having some fun playing basketball is actually a good sign in my opinion. So many of the teams in the past 5-6 years hated each other on various levels.

People make way too much of when players aren't 100% serious 100% of the day. They are fucking 18 and sometimes want to dick around and have some fun at something they are ridiculously good at. College hoops is an adjustment for a lot of players from H/s when they realize it goes from fun to fun+job.
    I get having fun and what not ... I also get having an inherent competition level

If my "job" is to play basketball ... the last thing I'm going to do when trying to have fun is play more basketball
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I see both sides, but I actually agree more with Tequilla.