Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Dissly

At the time, it seemed like he was destined for doog-legend status. He was a 2-star recruit (who had no feces in his throat), played as a true freshman, and supposedly looked amazing at practice...then he gets moved to TE where Daniels and Sample were already entrenched. I expected him to graduate in a couple years and think to myself, "oh yeah, forgot about that guy"

As a situational blocking TE, he has one of the least visible roles on the field but FUCK is he good at it. Go back and watch the plays he's in on and how well he seals off the end. He's the ultimate example of a "cog-in-the-machine".

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Still #MyDissly.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our? tight end blocking has really helped the O-line.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

At the time, it seemed like he was destined for doog-legend status. He was a 2-star recruit (who had no feces in his throat), played as a true freshman, and supposedly looked amazing at practice...then he gets moved to TE where Daniels and Sample were already entrenched. I expected him to graduate in a couple years and think to myself, "oh yeah, forgot about that guy"

As a situational blocking TE, he has one of the least visible roles on the field but FUCK is he good at it. Go back and watch the plays he's in on and how well he seals off the end. He's the ultimate example of a "cog-in-the-machine".

We actually talk about this on the podcast, should be coming out today. Good chit, bananas!
  • Options
    Emptamann was a 2 star.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,516
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2016
    Dissly is playing quite a bit as a blocking TE and making the most of it when he's in there.

He looked pretty decent running with the ball on his TD earlier this season, too.

Edit: Dissly TD at 1:55.28:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlZ5qedOy8&t=6928
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Emptamann was a 2 star.

Will Ahmpmahn