Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I saw this weekend

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
edited October 2016 in Hardcore Husky Board
Bama. Lots of Bama

If UW can keep the 4 man pressure and keep Hurts in the pocket he kind of sucks passing. Bama does not have the thumper back. What they do is use Hurts as a runner to make up for both shortcomings.

Their defense is really good. Reminds me of Washington. Bama has overcome a lot of their spread shortcomings over the years. They get pressure from 4 and play great coverage and score a lot on defense. And special teams.

Washington is an easy 14-17 point dog in this one, but if they don't turn the ball over and keep Hurts contained in the pocket they can stay in the game and anything can happen.

Clemson is good and bored with another long season before they get a shot at redemption. They would not be as easy to beat in the playoffs as they appear right now. But very beatable all the same by our defense. The fact that UW doesn't have to gamble or bring 7 to get pressure puts them among the elite in the nation.

Same story going against Ohio State. Barrett can throw but not on his back. He beat Wisconsin with his legs.. Ohio State has a Bama level defense. Tough to score on either of them. You can't make mistakes and you have to get 7 when you are down there in scoring land.

Fuck Michigan and their running up the score on shitty teams from New Jersey. Win something that counts Harbaugh. Not even scouting them since Ohio State will pound their ass.

You may think UW doesn't belong in the discussion but they do. This is a GOOD Washington team
Tagged:

Comments

• NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    I'll definitely be rooting for Michigan to make the playoff, because matchup wise it looks a lot like the Stanford game... power run game with an average QB. The one difference is that Michigan is really really good on special teams. Colorado had all the momentum in that game until Michigan fucked them on special teams towards the end of the first half. UW's punt protection has been really shaky in the few instances we've actually punted.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    Doogles said:

The only weakness on this UW team is an untested OL against an elite DL. I wouldn't trade our front for any in the nation.

Maybe a big elite OL that pulls in coordination can fuck our undersized edge, besides that we're pretty much SEC all around.

King, Baker, Victor, Jones, Gaines, Vea, Qualls, are guaranteed nfl.

We can stop people. Time to doog.

Since Wooching's side is the only undersized piece of the entire defense, I'd think Kwiatkowski could make a schematic adjustment if this was constantly being exploited.

I would actually be more worried about a really good spread-to-run attack than a power run one. I definitely don't trust Wooching on read plays and I am not sure I have complete faith in Mathis on them either.

So Ohio State and Louisville would be scarier to me, on offense, than Bama or Michigan.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Any playoff talk that doesn't include the fighting but classy Riley's isn't serious football talk.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298
    If everyone was losing their dooging minds, this is what it would look like...
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Doogles said:

The only weakness on this UW team is an untested OL against an elite DL.

I'm not quite ready to agree yet that UW can hang with Bammer and tOSU. But I will say this: UW's OL practices against an elite DL every single day.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,424 Swaye's Wigwam
    Losing at home to Benny Beaver is always special
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Bama. Lots of Bama

If UW can keep the 4 man pressure and keep Hurts in the pocket he kind of sucks passing. Bama does not have the thumper back. What they do is use Hurts as a runner to make up for both shortcomings.

Their defense is really good. Reminds me of Washington. Bama has overcome a lot of their spread shortcomings over the years. They get pressure from 4 and play great coverage and score a lot on defense. And special teams.

Washington is an easy 14-17 point dog in this one, but if they don't turn the ball over and keep Hurts contained in the pocket they can stay in the game and anything can happen.

Clemson is good and bored with another long season before they get a shot at redemption. They would not be as easy to beat in the playoffs as they appear right now. But very beatable all the same by our defense. The fact that UW doesn't have to gamble or bring 7 to get pressure puts them among the elite in the nation.

Same story going against Ohio State. Barrett can throw but not on his back. He beat Wisconsin with his legs.. Ohio State has a Bama level defense. Tough to score on either of them. You can't make mistakes and you have to get 7 when you are down there in scoring land.

Fuck Michigan and their running up the score on shitty teams from New Jersey. Win something that counts Harbaugh. Not even scouting them since Ohio State will pound their ass.

You may think UW doesn't belong in the discussion but they do. This is a GOOD Washington team

This essentially guarantees a WASHINGTON loss against OSU.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    Clemson's DL isn't as good this year. Last season, it was big, athletic, deep, and mean.

I would have no problem playing Michigan in the playoff or Rose Bowl.

Besides Alabama, tOSU also scares the hell out of me. Gotta win the rest of the games but Urban Meyer takes down a lot of coaches come postseason time (he's 10-2 in bowls).