Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nevada Senate & State Assembly approve $750 mil. towards future Pac-12 Championship game site

Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,833
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
This last week the Nevada Senate & State Assembly approved $750 mil. towards a new stadium in Las Vegas in an effort to lure away the Raiders and hopefully the Pac-12 Championship game. The venue also ups the ante for the Las Vegas Bowl, which currently is greatly handicapped by its current stadium located on the outskirts of town.

I hope Larry Scott is paying attention. Moving the bball tourney to Las Vegas has been a success. Ditching the office park in Santa Clara for the Las Vegas Strip would also be a huge win.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

This last week the Nevada Senate & State Assembly approved $750 mil. towards a new stadium in Las Vegas in an effort to lure away the Raiders and hopefully the Pac-12 Championship game. The venue also ups the ante for the Las Vegas Bowl, which currently is greatly handicapped by its current stadium located on the outskirts of town.

I hope Larry Scott is paying attention. Moving the bball tourney to Las Vegas has been a success. Ditching the office park in Santa Clara for the Las Vegas Strip would also be a huge win.

Sark > Ty post of the year!
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should move the Super Bowl there too.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree. L.A., yes mediocre, wasn't The Fraud while Las Vegas is Nick F. Saban.
  • Options

Disagree. L.A., yes mediocre, wasn't The Fraud while Las Vegas is Nick F. Saban.
    Hi. The Pac-12 tourney has gone from abysmal to mediocre.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nick F. Saban location. That's a fact. Can't blame the location for the teams on the court. Off the court it has been awesome. MWC championship is in town as well while the WCC finishes up just before. It's now college hoops week in Vegas.
  • Options

Nick F. Saban location. That's a fact. Can't blame the location for the teams on the court. Off the court it has been awesome. MWC championship is in town as well while the WCC finishes up just before. It's now college hoops week in Vegas.
    I know. I was there. I had a great time watching the tournament in a sports book.

Going to Vegas for conference tournament week is great as long as you don't waste your time attending the Pac-12 tournament games.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2016

I know. I was there. I had a great time watching the tournament in a sports book.

And that's one of the reasons why it is the best conference tourney locale by far. Beats the crap out of Greensboro, Chicago, Kansas City. etc. Even beats the Catholics & Butler in MSG. The Pac-12 was Tom Hansen FS for not locating the tourney there from the get go & would be equally stupid for not getting in front of this Las Vegas situation for football.

• Options

Predictable Sven take is predictable.

I am very consistent about posting the truth.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    They should call it the Hookers and Blow Bowl
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

while the WCC finishes up just before

tight, didnt know about this, perfect excuse to go to vegas and fight zaggots while watching UW lose on wednesday.