Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In honor of Mike Bellotti

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,149 Founders Club
I'm not sure the best team on the field won the game. The best coach did. UW should have won rather easily. The players didn't quit which is big.

Special teams is all on the head coach. We have the talent to compete now. Losing is unacceptable. Its Sark's fault.

He blew the game. He has to beat Oregon. Period

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Beat Oregon and hope Stanford loses twice.

Nothing else matters.

Win the North this year or LEAVE!
  • Beat Oregon nothing else matters has nary been more fitting than now.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
    Special teams and the continued undisciplined play (hello penalties) is all on Sark. As is the playcalling inside the five yard line.

UW actually should have won rather easily, say 34-17, but for their Down syndrome baby of a coach.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    This was the year.

The talent is there.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174

I'm not sure the best team on the field won the game. The best coach did. UW should have won rather easily. The players didn't quit which is big.

Special teams is all on the head coach. We have the talent to compete now. Losing is unacceptable. Its Sark's fault.

He blew the game. He has to beat Oregon. Period

AND it was on the road. We're so close. I just wish I saw even incremental improvement from Sark.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    I actually think Washington beats Oregon this time
  • topdawgnc said:

This was the year.

The talent is there.

Agree you won't have a fifth year senior QB like Price next year. Miley Cyrus someday might be as good maybe better(I doubt it) but next year you are downgrading. Plus no Sankey, losing both Safeties with no safeties in mind, not to mention losing Ducre as well.

I also think Wilcox, Tosh and Sirmon are leaving after this year as well. Sark will then be exposed as a shitty head coach and if not for a soft schedule could have a losing season next year.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I think wilcox only leaves for a HC gig and takes sirmon with him not sure about the rest of the staff, his time is limited unless we promote him, Not sure how else we keep him and make him deal with the cement shoes sark is.
  • brchco12 said:

I think wilcox only leaves for a HC gig and takes sirmon with him not sure about the rest of the staff, his time is limited unless we promote him, Not sure how else we keep him and make him deal with the cement shoes sark is.

Wilcox has shown he will bail on a sinking ship.

I see the Huskies somehow winning 9-10 games that means the defense has played great and he'll get a head coach job at a MWC, WAC or a lower level BCS school.

On the other side if the Huskies only win 7-8 games then Wilcox will sense that Sark might be on the hot seat soon and bail with Sirmon. Tosh has shown he will bail on a sinking ship as well and could leave as well at that point.

brchco12 said:

I see the Huskies somehow winning 9-10 games that means the defense has played great and he'll get a head coach job at a MWC, WAC or a lower level BCS school.

On the other side if the Huskies only win 7-8 games then Wilcox will sense that Sark might be on the hot seat soon and bail with Sirmon. Tosh has shown he will bail on a sinking ship as well and could leave as well at that point.
    If Wilcox doesn't LEAVE! after this year, he's an idiot.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I can think of a HC gig Wilcox can have...Promote Heyward to DC...
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    TTJ said:

I can think of a HC gig Wilcox can have...Promote Heyward to DC...

Agreed, only scenario he stays, I don't think he'd stay for sark or a new headcoach.

He'll wait for a pac-12 gig or when petersen leaves
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I don't think Wilcox is going to immediately jump. Most p-12 jobs have been filled over the last few years. He is good enough where he can wait and take a top job when it opens.

In the next few years we could see Cal, UW and UO open. Dykes could be fired after next year if Cal doesn't get better. Wilcox probably knows he has a good chance to be promoted if Sark bolts. Helfrich is probably safe for through 2015. Oregon could win the NC this year but Im not sure Helfrich keeps Oregon at a top 10 level 4 years from now. Guys like Frank Solich and Larry Coker inherited great teams but were exposed as time went on.

I don't think Wilcox is going to immediately jump. Most p-12 jobs have been filled over the last few years. He is good enough where he can wait and take a top job when it opens.

In the next few years we could see Cal, UW and UO open. Dykes could be fired after next year if Cal doesn't get better. Wilcox probably knows he has a good chance to be promoted if Sark bolts. Helfrich is probably safe for through 2015. Oregon could win the NC this year but Im not sure Helfrich keeps Oregon at a top 10 level 4 years from now. Guys like Frank Solich and Larry Coker inherited great teams but were exposed as time went on.

This kind of logic is amazingly fucktarded. If you're good enough to be a head coach and you want to be a head coach, go be a head coach and prove yourself.

You can always get a better job in two years.

Also, Chip Kelly loved your Doog logic about Helfrich at Oregon.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Beat Oregon or GTFO
  • As an assistant you leave when the time is right. Unless you are taking over a school that you can't succeed at(like an Idaho) you LEAVE!

If you wait too long for the "right job" then you get passed up by the next up and coming coordinator. Also who is to say that "right job" they won't hire an established guy.

Wilcox, like I said if the team does well he will leave to become a head coach somewhere.

If Sark goes like 8-5, I can see Wilcox looking to be a DC somewhere else to avoid being on the same staff as a lame duck head coach like he did at Tennessee.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Other than on this board, is there really a perception that UW is a sinking ship? It's far from a sinking ship from my view. A team that is undisciplined and can't get to the top is not a sinking ship.

As an assistant you leave when the time is right. Unless you are taking over a school that you can't succeed at(like an Idaho) you LEAVE!

If you wait too long for the "right job" then you get passed up by the next up and coming coordinator. Also who is to say that "right job" they won't hire an established guy.

Wilcox, like I said if the team does well he will leave to become a head coach somewhere.

If Sark goes like 8-5, I can see Wilcox looking to be a DC somewhere else to avoid being on the same staff as a lame duck head coach like he did at Tennessee.

Wilcox has done enough already to earn a HC job. Unless he's going to be Nick Saban's DC or going to the NFL, he should take a head coaching job next year.
  • As an assistant you leave when the time is right. Unless you are taking over a school that you can't succeed at(like an Idaho) you LEAVE!

Wilcox has done enough already to earn a HC job. Unless he's going to be Nick Saban's DC or going to the NFL, he should take a head coaching job next year.
    I think he'll have options though to be an NFL DC possibly or a HC. There is going to be a huge coaching shake up with USC, Texas and probably Nebraska looking for jobs. You'll have coaches leaving their jobs to fill up those jobs and you'll have a mass ripple affect.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

brchco12 said:

If Wilcox doesn't LEAVE! after this year, he's an idiot.
    Wilcox is a fucking genius. He agreed to take over a job from the biggest Lobcock in husky coordinator history knowing he had talent and could recruit to a traditional defensive power school.

Sark was thinking he was all that and a bag of chips landing Wilcox but it was Wilcox that knew he could breathe and shit and do a better job than Holt.

He's exceeded that by exponential degrees. He's set himself up nicely.