Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mea Caupa thread:

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam

1) John Ross. I questioned how valuable and the impact you could have at wr. I was completely wrong

2) Pettis: I knew how important you were to the offense coming into season, but I thought you were a "jag" and couldn't rise to the occasion. You are a different player versus last year. My bad

3) Mathis: Your first three games were "meh". Once the Pac-12 season started you have been unblockable. When you held the edge on the reverse last night and forced the Oregon wr out of bounds I cried it was that beautiful. Gaines/Vea/Qualls all demand a double team. Your play since Arizona is at that same level.

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Speaking of Pettis, he limped off the field and looked like he was grabbing his knee... any word on his injury?
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

It's going to take us all a while to adjust to players getting better.

1) John Ross is a complete receiver now. It's unbelievable. Routes are great, blocking is physical, good hands and great awareness of where he is on the field. He used to just be fast.

2) I loved Pettis' HS film. Last year he was a low-effort pussy. This year, he's showing it all. Fucking fast, great hands, good blocker, super wiggly in space and gets open.

3) I also loved Mathis in HS. But for his entire career he sucked—middling effort tweener. Now he is violent, patient, playing with great technique and effort. His play vs Charles Nelson where he leveraged that speedy fuckface from the open field to the sideline was one of the best plays I've seen from a Husky defender. Ever.

It's a confusing feeling to want Lenius to come back next year instead of go play at Portland State—but I have to admit, if he makes similar strides (basically going from being a worthless bitch to using his god given talents to skullfuck), he could be a weapon.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

How much of a fucking impact has Bushy Hambone made as WR coach?
    Hamas Madman has been a fucking ace in recruiting as well. We? are bringing in 3 of the top 8 WRs in the west next fall. That shit is insane.
    He's a high energy coach and my guess is he connects very well with the players while not being their buddy.
    I dont know the ins and outs of the coaching staff but he looks like the sideline OC as well. Playsheet, stepping into each sideline huddle, I think hes contributed to our offensive unfucking
    He's probably the guy you would hire to replace Smif after the season.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,516
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

1) John Ross is a complete receiver now. It's unbelievable. Routes are great, blocking is physical, good hands and great awareness of where he is on the field. He used to just be fast.

2) I loved Pettis' HS film. Last year he was a low-effort pussy. This year, he's showing it all. Fucking fast, great hands, good blocker, super wiggly in space and gets open.

3) I also loved Mathis in HS. But for his entire career he sucked—middling effort tweener. Now he is violent, patient, playing with great technique and effort. His play vs Charles Nelson where he leveraged that speedy fuckface from the open field to the sideline was one of the best plays I've seen from a Husky defender. Ever.

It's a confusing feeling to want Lenius to come back next year instead of go play at Portland State—but I have to admit, if he makes similar strides (basically going from being a worthless bitch to using his god given talents to skullfuck), he could be a weapon.

Hamas Madman has been a fucking ace in recruiting as well. We? are bringing in 3 of the top 8 WRs in the west next fall. That shit is insane.
    He's a high energy coach and my guess is he connects very well with the players while not being their buddy.
    I dont know the ins and outs of the coaching staff but he looks like the sideline OC as well. Playsheet, stepping into each sideline huddle, I think hes contributed to our offensive unfucking
    I believe he was a QB, so that makes sense. It's still early in his tenure, but he appears to be a difference maker. The turnaround of the WR position has been incredible.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The players do respond well to their new ISIS overlord. I would support him replacing Smiff.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I believe he was a QB, so that makes sense. It's still early in his tenure, but he appears to be a difference maker. The turnaround of the WR position has been incredible.
    I would dare to say chincredible
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Look up to your two dads with pride and you'll know.
  • Options
    DoogstoneDoogstone Member Posts: 202
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

The players do respond well to their new ISIS overlord. I would support him replacing Smiff.

We really need to take full advantage of the new UW Math Department PhD student football coaching pipeline.