Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW offensive line 2017

RT: Kaleb McGary, Jr (RS)
RG: Nick Harris, So.
C: Coleman Shelton, Sr. (RS)
LG: Foster Sarrel, Fr.
LT: Trey Adams, Jr.

The rookie can get up to speed against Rutgers-Montana-Fresno State and will be ready to go for the conference schedule.

Could be the most talented OL we've ever had.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The rookie can get up to speed against Rutgers-Montana-Fresno State and will be ready to go for the conference schedule.

Not to mention, 3 young 4* players as backups/redshirt - Wattenberg, Roberts, and Bainavalu
  • Options
    BabsGilbyTawdTyBabsGilbyTawdTy Member Posts: 1,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    gmo said:

ever had?? Clearly someone is in their early to mid 20's. Or just started following the program, 12's style.

Did I proclaim best?

Let's see what the NFL scouts think of Adams and McGary about this time time next year. They are exactly what teams covet — and pay millions of dollars for — at offensive tackle on the next level.

Sarrel's potential is obvious.

Don't think Shelton will play in the NFL with his versatility?

Harris is a helluva athlete who will certainly be an NFL prospect if he's carrying 300 pounds by his junior year.

Show me any UW offensive line with more high-level NFL potential (i.e. talent) at all five positions in the past 39 years (my time following UW Football) than what was listed.

Looking forward to seeing your list.

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Flagged for the bullshit OOC schedule reminder.
    Can't lie....don't hate the Rutgers trip.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,266
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

When one of them bites like Kevin Gogan, get back to me.

Wasn't Gogan on a line that ended up having 2 guys which had 10+ years in the NFL?
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2016

gmo said:

ever had?? Clearly someone is in their early to mid 20's. Or just started following the program, 12's style.

Did I proclaim best?

Let's see what the NFL scouts think of Adams and McGary about this time time next year. They are exactly what teams covet — and pay millions of dollars for — at offensive tackle on the next level.

Harris is a helluva athlete who will certainly be an NFL prospect if he's carrying 300 pounds by his junior year.

Show me any UW offensive line with more high-level NFL potential (i.e. talent) at all five positions in the past 39 years (my time following UW Football) than what was listed.

I am not going to claim to be some expert on offensive lines... I am making an observation that a few on here are Dooging a little too hard. This team had some absolute DOMINANT O-Lines back in the day that used to drive the offense before the Dawgs turned into a pass heavy offense. Guys like Lincoln Kennedy, Olin Kreutz, Bob Sapp and others were beastly talents... before my time but I remember my (two) dad talking about Brosteck who was supposed to be one of the best in the country.

Didn't mean to offend and my comment was more related to a few in here Doogin a little too hard and not as much directed at you individually... comments like Saturday's drive was the best since 1990 (from others) etc. is a bit out of hand.

This team is fun as hell, I'm enjoying it as well, with some perspective.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob sapp, lol. I know him more from being an mma "fighter" than as a football player. Was he a big name or good player during his time at washington? I was too young to know and or care at the time
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    phineas said:

Bob sapp, lol. I know him more from being an mma "fighter" than as a football player. Was he a big name or good player during his time at washington? I was too young to know and or care at the time

He won the award for best lineman that the players all vote on in the PAC 10 I think. I don't know if he actually made all conference though. He could play.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    1990 or 1991 line I believe had 4 or 5 guys play in the league.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

gmo said:

Did I proclaim best?

NFL teams coveted Colin Porter and Ben Riva's size and skill sets when they were freshman, too.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

phineas said:

He won the award for best lineman that the players all vote on in the PAC 10 I think. I don't know if he actually made all conference though. He could play.
    Bob was a specimen. All of 6'5 300 lbs with 8% body fat. He would crush trays of food at McMahon. Wore sweats everyday with skin tight tee. (Not gay, butt I could've gone all @Dennis_DeYoung ...) He was stiff at OG. Good college player. Garcia killed people at C and I think Kreutz was on that line too '94 season.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    The 1990 Offensive line was ridiculous.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    AEB said:

phineas said:

Bob was a specimen. All of 6'5 300 lbs with 8% body fat. He would crush trays of food at McMahon. Wore sweats everyday with skin tight tee. (Not gay, butt I could've gone all @Dennis_DeYoung ...) He was stiff at OG. Good college player. Garcia killed people at C and I think Kreutz was on that line too '94 season.
    He was a funny monther fucker, full of jokes. He was a ripped at 300 lbs with abs. His head was even ripped. Very agile, could do the spits
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The future's for doogs!