Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Stanford game at Alaska Airlines Field

I guess this went down last year but I didn't notice until I googled up the Stanford game. Nothing like getting pumped up for a game at Alaska Airlines Field. It just oozes collegiate tradition. Alaska Airlines Field is, in my view, held in the same train of thought with the likes of Don James and Gil Dobie. Yes, when I think of Huskie football my mind drifts back in recollection of beating Miami on Alaska Airlines Field. Or even the darker times, like the "flip" against Arizona on Alaska Airlines Field.

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Stanford game went down last year at Stanford Stadium, not Alaska Airlines Field.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Dardanus said:

The Stanford game went down last year at Stanford Stadium, not Alaska Airlines Field.

I meant the deal to name it after alaska airlines went down, my bad
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I fucking hate this so much. I worked down in California and lived with a guy who went to Michigan State (Subtext: he was a roommate you assholes!!!! Don't question my sexuality!!!! This is a safe space!!!!) and I remember him saying "why the fuck do you guys have an Alaska Airlines logo on your court?" He said that someone would be fired if they tried to pull that shit at MS but, as much as I hated it, I also didn't really care because, you know, it's our basketball program.

Apparently we are getting $4 million a year for that shit. I fucking hate money. Get that shit off our field!
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Dardanus said:

I meant the deal to name it after alaska airlines went down, my bad
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I fucking hate this so much. I worked down in California and lived with a guy who went to Michigan State (Subtext: he was a roommate you assholes!!!! Don't question my sexuality!!!! This is a safe space!!!!) and I remember him saying "why the fuck do you guys have an Alaska Airlines logo on your court?" He said that someone would be fired if they tried to pull that shit at MS but, as much as I hated it, I also didn't really care because, you know, it's our basketball program.

Apparently we are getting $4 million a year for that shit. I fucking hate money. Get that shit off our field!

I'll be honest, this poast makes me question your sexuality.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Holy Hell...people care about this stuff?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The corporations are running things and they'll happily usurp any sense of tradition for their 8 x 5 yard logo plastered on a football field.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll be honest, this poast makes me question your sexuality.
    Quite honestly I thought the same thing
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The stadium won't pay for itself and REAL fans with big swinging dicks all live in China or something.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

The stadium won't pay for itself and REAL fans with big swinging dicks all live in China or something.

I never noticed that van or bus getting clipped before. I wonder what happened to them
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    When you have a donor base that doesn't donate in anywhere close to the same kind of levels that programs in the South and Big 10 tend to and we don't have a sugar daddy type of donor you get things like corporate sponsorships on the field.

Budget deficits don't take care of themselves.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    More boring mindless drivel
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club