Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Loss to Portland State Costs #ProveIt Huskies

SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Founders Club

Still way too early college football rankings, though 1 through 4 seem solid. Utes squeak in, Ducks squeezed out.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That'll make this year's 4-5 conference record look worse than past years'
  • Options
    Founders Club

You mean there really is such a thing as 4 -5 > 4 -5?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited September 2016

Dearest Michael Yam,

The Huskies have played NO ONE! THEY ARE RANKED TOO FUCKING HIGH AS IT IS!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Whoever wins louisville houston is in the playoff, we could run the table and be on the edge.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Dearest Michael Yam,

Who gives a shit? I'd prefer we be ranked #1. It makes no fucking difference anyway.

If—by some miracle—we go undefeated, then I would rather us get in the playoff because we were ranked too high early than miss it because of some other bullshit.

I understand us being skeptical here. We should be. But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. It's better for UW to be ranked higher. That's what I want.

There is literally no downside to it other than disappointment and only fucking doogs try to avoid disappointment preemptively.
    The AP and coaches poles don't determine the playoff.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Whoever wins louisville houston is in the playoff, we could run the table and be on the edge.

It's a long season, no one knows who the final four will be. If the Huskies miraculously run the table, they will have a legitimate shot. Just for example and to point out the obvious, the current top four includes Ohio State and Michigan. One of them is guaranteed a late season loss. Do both get in with one unbeaten and one a one loss team? Maybe, but I doubt the panel would do that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Dearest Michael Yam,

Who gives a shit? I'd prefer we be ranked #1. It makes no fucking difference anyway.

If—by some miracle—we go undefeated, then I would rather us get in the playoff because we were ranked too high early than miss it because of some other bullshit.

I understand us being skeptical here. We should be. But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. It's better for UW to be ranked higher. That's what I want.

There is literally no downside to it other than disappointment and only fucking doogs try to avoid disappointment preemptively.
    I don't disagree, except it's FS to complain about slipping in the polls when the team that jumped you is unbeaten with a much higher quality win. Yam is the ultimate Poog.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

It's a long season, no one knows who the final four will be. If the Huskies miraculously run the table, they will have a legitimate shot. Just for example and to point out the obvious, the current top four includes Ohio State and Michigan. One of them is guaranteed a late season loss. Do both get in with one unbeaten and one a one loss team? Maybe, but I doubt the panel would do that.
    Last week everyone was talking about the clash between Clemson and FSU to decide a playoff spot, and then FSU got dumpstered by Louisville.

Last year Iowa almost got in. Iowa.

Lotta football to be played. Especially since our? season is just about to start.
  • Options
    Founders Club

UW gets in at 13-0 unless the SEC champ, ACC champ, B1G champ, and Houston are all undefeated.

None of this will matter on October 9th anyway.
    It might not matter long before that.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @TierbsHsotBoobs - I know they don't determine the vote, but let's not act like they aren't influenced by national perception.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,169
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have Oregon ranked ahead of the DAWGS
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    doogville said:

Watching the game this morning, enjoying #WarriorPoet yogi both say our? ranking is justified AND that we might be a year away because we're young.

The sark is strong in that one.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    I would feel better about 3-0 if one of the wins was over Oklahoma State or Wisconsin
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dearest Michael Yam,

I prefer Dennis DeOxys over Dennis DeAlchy
    I broke my legs, knee, ankles, heel and hip to serve you better.