Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mathis and Whooching fucking suck.

2»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    HuskyJW said:

Passion said:

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

H_D said:

Passion said:

Twice benning potato followed the running back on a fake handoff into the hole and the QB ran around the end for a big gain, one a TD.

Face it, our edge is a dumpster fire.

So you are saying there is "heat from the edge"?
    Yes, when it's a fake designed to suck in the outside LB.
    Those were options
    Potoa'e needs to trust that the inside guys can handle the RB going up the middle. He needs to protect the end, which he didn't. That is why the QB kept the ball and ran around the end.
    At least thats a problem that can be fixed over time as he watches more film and learns how to play the position better. Much better problem to have than having a low athletic ceiling like Wooching and Mathis.
    I don't think Potoa'e has the fast twitch burst and athleticism you need in an edge pass rusher. He's a defensive end.
    I said Potato peaked 3 years ago. Kid us a dud.
    They are all duds. Tevis hasn't really done anything either yet. If I'm Stanford I line up and run right at Psalm. He'd get eaten alive and tossed aside like a rag doll.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,024 Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

No heat from the edge.

Media spends all this fucking time talking about John Ross, meanwhile we can get any pressure on idaho's QB.

Fucking idaho.

Why did you have to edit the 3 sentence quote? Curious.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,024 Swaye's Wigwam
    Wish Marcus Farria was still on team.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Still better than Browning.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HuskyJW said:

Passion said:

NEsnake12 said:

Passion said:

Passion said:

H_D said:

Passion said:

Twice benning potato followed the running back on a fake handoff into the hole and the QB ran around the end for a big gain, one a TD.

Those were options
    Potoa'e needs to trust that the inside guys can handle the RB going up the middle. He needs to protect the end, which he didn't. That is why the QB kept the ball and ran around the end.
    At least thats a problem that can be fixed over time as he watches more film and learns how to play the position better. Much better problem to have than having a low athletic ceiling like Wooching and Mathis.
    I don't think Potoa'e has the fast twitch burst and athleticism you need in an edge pass rusher. He's a defensive end.
    I said Potato peaked 3 years ago. Kid us a dud.
    Dennis got mad at me for saying the same thing. I don't think it's impossible that he will turn out to be decent, but yeah, the Potato's are a textbook example of kids who peak early in high school.
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    edited September 2016
    And where the fuck is Myles Rice? Huge, athletic dude from Texas can't start over Wooching? I am hoping that the coaches are just throwing a bone to some dudes who have been in the program for a while and, as I'm sure, worked the hardest they've ever worked this offseason.

I'm fine with Mathis, Wooching and O'Brien being depth guys but the fact that Rice and Potoae can't find the field baffles me. The coaches have also voiced their optimism about Amandre Williams as well who we haven't seen. Hoping the picture at the two outside spots look vastly different come week 6.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    I am also wondering about Amandre Williams. At some point they'll probably have to throw him in.

I'm also wondering if on some passing plays it would make sense to have Bierra come off the edge and put Ben-Hurr or DJ Beavers at the WIL (Bierra's position).

Right now Whoochingn, Mathis, Bartlett and Potato ain't getting it done...against shifty competition.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,684 Founders Club
    Passion said:

I am also wondering about Amandre Williams. At some point they'll probably have to throw him in.

I'm also wondering if on some passing plays it would make sense to have Bierra come off the edge and put Ben-Hurr or DJ Beavers at the WIL (Bierra's position).

Right now Whoochingn, Mathis, Bartlett and Potato ain't getting it done...against shifty competition.

shifty?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Passion said:

Bierria or Victor moving down on passing downs come Pac 12 play seems like it could be something worth exploring.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited September 2016

Passion said:

Bierria or Victor moving down on passing downs come Pac 12 play seems like it could be something worth exploring.
    For me it's a question of which is the better scenario on passing downs:
    1) Bierra and/or Victor coming off the edges with Burr-Kirven and DJ Beavers dropping into coverage (or blitzing) as MIK and WIL; or

2) Whooching and Mathis coming off the edges with Victor and Bierra dropping into coverage (or blitzing) as MIK and WIL?

Of course, depending on the package you could have 4 DLs (Vea, Gaines, Qualls and Jaylen Johnson), one outside rusher (Buck or SAM), one inside LB (Victor or Bierra), and 5 DBs. This would get Jaylen Johnson on the field, bring Bierra from the other edge, keep Victor in the middle, and get whooching and mathis over to the sidelines.

I would like to experiment with #1, and burn Amandre Williams redshirt. Regarding Williams, I know he is a freshman, but years ago I remember an edge rusher named Anthony Kelly who was a terror of the edge as a freshman. But then he became disillusioned, soft and ended up with a ho-hum career. Nice young guy, but lost his fire.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

Woooching runs like his eyes are closed.

Hurtful
    how do you even know what I typed? you got one of them computer reader things?

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Passion said:

H_D said:

Passion said:

So which is it.

Heat from the edges or pressure up the middle?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I never bash the kids
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    Passion said:

Passion said:

H_D said:

Passion said:

Those were options
    It's almost like a third stringer made a mistake in his first real game action. Clearly a sign of major, systemic, problems.