Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla Thoughts: Stanford vs Kansas St

1) Stanford doesn't have a QB ... way too predictable so far IMO ... reminds me of the Josh Nunes Experience ... I don't care about the numbers tonight ... doesn't pass the eye test

2) Lack of a passing games makes McCaffrey human ... he's still obviously but under 300 yards of offense against a KState team that is not athletically gifted is far from encouraging

3) The idea of comparing this game to last year's Northwestern is comical ... Northwesternwas 10-3 last year ... KState will do very well to be better than 4-5 in the Big 12 this year and I respect the shit out of Bill Snyder and KState

4) Stanford will be doing well to go 4-2 in their first 6 games ... KState is BY FAR the easiest game in this stretch ... they will need to get in the 30 point range in most of their next 5 games to win

5) As it pertains to the UW, only 4 completions went outside of McCaffrey and Rector ... as @koopdog said the difference between KState's defense and the UW defense is vast ... there is no passing game here ... there should be no excuses for losing the game against Stanford assuming a healthy Browning
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

First.game.season.that.was LIFPO
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

1) Stanford doesn't have a QB ... way too predictable so far IMO ... reminds me of the Josh Nunes Experience ... I don't care about the numbers tonight ... doesn't pass the eye test

2) Lack of a passing games makes McCaffrey human ... he's still obviously but under 300 yards of offense against a KState team that is not athletically gifted is far from encouraging

3) The idea of comparing this game to last year's Northwestern is comical ... Northwesternwas 10-3 last year ... KState will do very well to be better than 4-5 in the Big 12 this year and I respect the shit out of Bill Snyder and KState

4) Stanford will be doing well to go 4-2 in their first 6 games ... KState is BY FAR the easiest game in this stretch ... they will need to get in the 30 point range in most of their next 5 games to win

5) As it pertains to the UW, only 4 completions went outside of McCaffrey and Rector ... as @koopdog said the difference between KState's defense and the UW defense is vast ... there is no passing game here ... there should be no excuses for losing the game against Stanford assuming a healthy Browning

I have all the screenshots I need. (gay winkie face)
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Gee, thanks Teq. Wouldn't know what to think otherwise.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Shaw isn't thatttt FS to show his whole playbook week one
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stanford is going to fucking curb stomp our DAWGS
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But we have the X factor. jsmmeeeth
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Don't have a QB? I thought his first half showed a better passer than Hogan. Not the same scrambler.

Stanford made a ton of mistakes. They do that early every year. Last year they lost to NW to open the season, two years ago they completely shit the bed to lose to Sark in game 2.

They'll get a lot better quickly.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

3) The idea of comparing this game to last year's Northwestern is comical ... Northwesternwas 10-3 last year ...

Conclusive proof that 10-3 is a shit season.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Looked like the OL was not nearly as good as last year. QB was fine, WRs were fine and #5 was #5. The defense looked darn good, especially when given the chance to hit the opponent's WR before the ball arrived.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This looked like the first time in years the Trees don't have a tight end who makes you curse him for catching an 8-yard pass on third and seven. The QB looked fine but Hogan could also scramble for 8 on third and seven hurt too. All they need is one or two playmakers to develop and they'll be fine. McCaffery wasn't one at this point last year.