Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

See?

He just can't resist, can he?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    I love this guy
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Trump doesn't like other baby's taking attention away from him.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,435
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Hillary spazzing out again

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Hillary spazzing out again

Tastes like chicken. Or a hamburger.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    Look at how biased this article is.
    Donald Trump, trying to reassure a distressed mother with a crying baby, said Tuesday that he loves hearing babies cry at his rallies and told her not to worry -- only to change his mind just a moment later.
    Bam, right off the bat, the author:

1) Calls the mother distressed so that the reader establishes sympathy for her right off the bat.

2) Fails to mention that Trump was being sarcastic when he made those initial comments, to try and trick the reader into thinking Trump is mentally unstable or something.

Then, the article ends like this...
    Later on Tuesday, Hillary Clinton's running mate, Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, speaking about the incident, asked, "You wonder who the baby is."

"I saw that Donald Trump kicked a crying baby out of an event earlier today, so as I'm thinking about pre-K, sometimes you wonder who the baby is. Right? You wonder who the baby is," the former Virginia governor said to laughter and clapping.

He later tweeted, "First Trump attacked the Hotel Roanoke. Then a Gold Star VA family. Today, he kicked a baby out of a VA rally. Virginia is not for haters!"
    lol, and it ends with 3 quotes, THREE FUCKING QUOTES from people slamming Trump for it. You can't make this shit up guys. The media is so fucking dishonest. Actually, they're not even dishonest...they're worse than dishonest...they're misleading. They do subtle things to lead their readers into believing what they want them to believe. Is everything in this article factual? Absolutely, but it's missing the whole truth, and it's totally slanted.

And it's not even listed as an opinion piece. Sad.
    edited August 2016
    Your news source ignored this even happened. Does that make it less biased?
    Standard Supporter
    I didn't list a source. And if you have to slant the article in a manner that leads people to draw a particular conclusion, instead of including just all the facts, then no it probably doesn't classify as newsworthy.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I didn't list a source. And if you have to slant the article in a manner that leads people to draw a particular conclusion, instead of including just all the facts, then no it probably doesn't classify as newsworthy.

My point is, you are slamming one article, all you have to do is watch the video and see Trump is an idiot. If the article swayed you, then you are fucktarded.

Conservative news sources are ignoring it even happened. Especially the channel that is the most trusted and fair and balanced. Why aren't you bashing them too?
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2016
    If you actually sat down and watched his entire speech on Youtube without any prior knowledge of this baby thing, and not just watching a clip titled "Trump yells at lady and crying baby", you would have watched that part and probably wouldn't think anything of it.

It's one of those situations where if you're watching a political speech, debut of a movie, live sporting event, etc and then later on you're surprised to see that something you witnessed was turned into a big deal by the media.

What happened here is that some people with political incentives sit around watch all of Trump's speeches and say "hey, what can we make a big deal about that makes Trump look bad, that people wouldn't otherwise think is bad unless they read an article in the media about it?" And poof, there's your story.

Conservative sources are shit, too. Just look at the BS they spewed about Hillary Clinton and the whole email thing. But that's more or less over with, and Trump is getting a historically unprecedented amount of attacks in the media, so I'm spending more of my time defending him.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The CNN reporter quoted the video (audio included) posted in the article verbatim. Neither Trump's African American or his Muslim friend were available for comment.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

"hey, what can we make a big deal about that makes Trump look bad

Its insanely easy to do.
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

The CNN reporter quoted the video (audio included) posted in the article verbatim. Neither Trump's African American or his Muslim friend were available for comment.
    Did you not read my post? I said that everything in that article is factual. But that's the problem, it's only the facts that fit the narrative the author is going for. It's incredibly misleading. It fails to mention that Trump was being sarcastic when he first said those things. It calls her a "distraught mother", which is a way to get the readers to have initial sympathy with her. It ends with 3 anti-Trump quotes.

Why isn't the article just a post of the video? What's wrong with just presenting the facts without slant? Oh, that's right...because then it wouldn't provide entertainment for the anti-Trump people who frequent their website.

If you actually sat down and watched his entire speech on Youtube without any prior knowledge of this baby thing, and not just watching a clip titled "Trump yells at lady and crying baby", you would have watched that part and probably wouldn't think anything of it.

It's one of those situations where if you're watching a political speech, debut of a movie, live sporting event, etc and then later on you're surprised to see that something you witnessed was turned into a big deal by the media.

What happened here is that some people with political incentives sit around watch all of Trump's speeches and say "hey, what can we make a big deal about that makes Trump look bad, that people wouldn't otherwise think is bad unless they read an article in the media about it?" And poof, there's your story.

Conservative sources are shit, too. Just look at the BS they spewed about Hillary Clinton and the whole email thing. But that's more or less over with, and Trump is getting a historically unprecedented amount of attacks in the media, so I'm spending more of my time defending him.

You can't defend what he said. Just take it that what he said was stupid and he doesn't have any patience. I truly think he's throwing this thing. His actions since the convention have just been ridiculous.

A couple months ago, I almost had hope for Trump. After he secured the nomination, he came out and said he will be presidential. He said he acted that way cause that's what he needed do for the nomination. Then he reiterated that he will be presidential and act appropriately. He calmed down some until the convention.

What's funny, on fox news last night, they were even arguing if someone has to act presidential. They were asking what acting presidential even means and saying it wasn't a requirement.
    edited August 2016

Baseman said:

Did you not read my post? I said that everything in that article is factual. But that's the problem, it's only the facts that fit the narrative the author is going for. It's incredibly misleading. It fails to mention that Trump was being sarcastic when he first said those things. It calls her a "distraught mother", which is a way to get the readers to have initial sympathy with her. It ends with 3 anti-Trump quotes.

Why isn't the article just a post of the video? What's wrong with just presenting the facts without slant? Oh, that's right...because then it wouldn't provide entertainment for the anti-Trump people who frequent their website.
    Clearly you don't like the facts because they don't support your narrative.

TEQUILA LIKE ANALYSIS:

1- How do you know Trump was sarcastic?
    2- Trump said "The mom is running around" the definition of distraught: "upset or agitated"

ARTICLE SYNOPSIS:
    A baby cried. Trump said, and the author quoted "I love babies. I hear that baby cry like that."

Later in the same speech, Trump said, "Actually I was only kidding, you can get the baby out of here,"

The crowd laughed - which the author duly noted.

Trump then said, "I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I'm speaking. That's OK. People don't understand. That's OK."

The reporter then quoted Kaine, who spoke about the incident. The reporter noted the crowd laughed and clapped.

Finally, the author quoted a tweet Kaine later sent.

No opinions. No bias. Just facts. Misleading facts but facts.
    #TroompsHateFacts
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Clearly you don't like the facts because they don't support your narrative.

TEQUILA LIKE ANALYSIS:

1- How do you know Trump was sarcastic?
    2- Trump said "The mom is running around" the definition of distraught: "upset or agitated"

ARTICLE SYNOPSIS:
    A baby cried. Trump said, and the author quoted "I love babies. I hear that baby cry like that."

Later in the same speech, Trump said, "Actually I was only kidding, you can get the baby out of here,"

The crowd laughed - which the author duly noted.

Trump then said, "I think she really believed me that I love having a baby crying while I'm speaking. That's OK. People don't understand. That's OK."

The reporter then quoted Kaine, who spoke about the incident. The reporter noted the crowd laughed and clapped.

Finally, the author quoted a tweet Kaine later sent.

No opinions. No bias. Just facts. Misleading facts, but facts.
    #TroompsHateFacts
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Sorry.