Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Finished the 5 season set of Game of Thrones

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,266
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
1. You fuckers weren't kidding, John Snow was really killed. Can't believe they butchered the show's moral compass.

2. Can't believe they burned that good-hearted little girl at the stake. Literally had to turn off the TV and go for a walk to gain some perspective.

3. I have grown tired of the sanctimonious Khaleesi. Liberal do-gooder who thinks she's hotter than she is.

4. Thoroughly enjoyed all 5 seasons. Thank you Gladstone.

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited July 2016

1. You fuckers weren't kidding, John Snow was really killed. Can't believe they butchered the show's moral compass.

2. Can't believe they burned that good-hearted little girl at the stake. Literally had to turn off the TV and go for a walk to gain some perspective.

3. I have grown tired of the sanctimonious Khaleesi. Liberal do-gooder who thinks she's hotter than she is.

Disagree on Khalisi. If Swaye is the Dwarf bodyguard, I'm the knight that clings to her and tries at various time to barge into her va gay gay. I'm old and past my effective date...a lot like him. Eventually he'll fuck her in the butt.

That's all I need to say about that.

Oh, and sorry I ruined the Jon Snow killed thing for you live on the podcast at 11:35 on a Saturday night. Love you bro.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    koopdog said:

Disagree on Khalisi. If Swaye is the Dwarf bodyguard, I'm the knight that clings to her and tries at various time to barge into her va gay gay. I'm old and past my effective date...a lot like him. Eventually he'll fuck her in the butt.

That's all I need to say about that.

Oh, and sorry I ruined the Jon Snow killed thing for you live on the podcast at 11:35 on a Saturday night. Love you bro.
    Quite honestly. I don't remember you telling me that he died.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lmao boobs

derek -Shireen's burning was absolutely horrifying. I agree.

Strongly agree on Khaleesi, although she has many fans here I think. IMO the problems with her (she started strong as the embittered sister of the beggar king, sold to a warlord, and rose to power) are epitomized in this dialogue from season five, episode nine:

Hizdar: You don’t approve?

Tyrion: There’s always been more than enough death in the world for my taste. I can do without it in my leisure time.

Hizdar: Fair enough. Yet it’s an unpleasant question, but what great thing has ever been accomplished without killing or cruelty?

Tyrion: It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor.

Hizdar: I’m not talking about myself. I’m talking about the necessary conditions for greatness.

Daenerys: That is greatness?

Hizdar: That is a vital part of the great city of Meereen, which existed long before you or I and will remain standing long after we have returned to the dirt.

Tyrion: My father would have liked you.

Daenerys: One day your great city will return to the dirt as well.

Hizdar: At your command?

Daenerys: If need be.

Hizdar: And how many people will die to make this happen?

Daenerys: If it comes to that, they will have died for a good reason.

Hizdar: Those men think they’re dying for a good reason.

Daenerys: Someone else’s reason.

Hizdar: So your reasons are true and theirs are false? They don’t know their own minds, but you do? “

She's becoming her father.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Now watch season six asap. Avoid all press and probably this forum until you do.

"It’s barely been a month since the final hour of Game of Thrones Season 6 aired on HBO, but all 10 episodes, plus an array of special features, will be available to download in just a couple of days. Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season drops on August 1 on platforms like iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Video, Google Play, and Flixter (links will take you to pages where you can place preorders). "

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Gladstone said:

Now watch season six asap. Avoid all press and probably this forum until you do.

"It’s barely been a month since the final hour of Game of Thrones Season 6 aired on HBO, but all 10 episodes, plus an array of special features, will be available to download in just a couple of days. Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season drops on August 1 on platforms like iTunes, Vudu, Amazon Video, Google Play, and Flixter (links will take you to pages where you can place preorders). "

Seriously, watch that shit right away, straight through. Get some pizza and Coca Cola and binge that shit in one day.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Favorite characters still the same?
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

Seriously, watch that shit right away, straight through. Get some pizza and Mountain Dew and binge that shit in one day.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Gladstone said:

Can also watch it right now on HBO Now. Free 1-month trial if you haven't already used it.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    @DerekJohnson needs to take responsibility for his failure.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Kingslayer lost his swagger and wit, so not as much. Favorites are the dwarf and his former bodyguard. I like Indira Varma's daughters, all very sexy. The Eunuch is growing on me. Good sense of humor.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    The guy who ran the whorehouses is also fascinating and mysterious.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Kingslayer lost his swagger and wit, so not as much. Favorites are the dwarf and his former bodyguard. I like Indira Varma's daughters, all very sexy. The Eunuch is growing on me. Good sense of humor.
    FREE PUB!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @CokeGreaterThanPepsi @ThomasFremont it's possible! there does indeed exist a sandsnakes fan!