Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

25 fucking years

Comments

• longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

I see the Bulleit started early this weekend.

Was thinking Old Crow
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

If only Miami and Washington could have met in a plus one that year.

I like Miami in that one
    Even when they're better on paper, Miami only beats Washington once in three tries. In '91, they'd have been blown off the field.
    You* didn't even blow Cal off the field in '91, and Miami was a bit better than Cal.
    I bet the moral victory coitus was so hawt that day!
    Wife was living/working in Santa Cruz and I was in LA working on Encino Man, so Moral Victory Phonesex was hawt
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Congrats on the phone sex, Boorswin!
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

I like Miami in that one
    Even when they're better on paper, Miami only beats Washington once in three tries. In '91, they'd have been blown off the field.
    You* didn't even blow Cal off the field in '91, and Miami was a bit better than Cal.
    Our least worst team of all time played out of our minds at home and didn't get blasted as hard as everyone else that year. Therefore, you must not have been very good.

Kal logic, exemplified.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Phone sex with a spouse? Cringe

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that...
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

I like Miami in that one
    Our least worst team of all time played out of our minds at home and didn't get blasted as hard as everyone else that year. Therefore, you must not have been very good.

Kal logic, exemplified.
    So a quick look at the cfbdatawarehouse website shows 13 seasons since 1920 where Cal had fewer than two losses, better than 1991. A quick look at the final rankings since 1937 shows four seasons where Cal finished more highly ranked than 1991.

I never said you* weren't very good. You* were. So was Miami. They* beat two top-5 teams that year (PSU#3 and FSU#4); UW beat two top-10 teams (UM #6 and Cal#8). UW beat #15 Nebraska 36-21 at the beginning of the year; UM beat #15 Nebraska 22-0 in their bowel game.

But, yeah, the Hurricanes wood have been blown off the field because Beno Nappy Emptermann BJCamaro yada yada
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    This thread is worthless without @royotis and @creepycoug.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

I like Miami in that one
    Wife was living/working in Santa Cruz and I was in LA working on Encino Man, so Moral Victory Phonesex was hawt
    I normally enjoy the sophisticated intellectual act, but this post sucks.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

This thread is worthless and full of shit poasters without @royotis and @creepycoug.

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

I like Miami in that one
    I normally enjoy the sophisticated intellectual act, but this post sucks.
    Disagree
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

I like Miami in that one
    Cal was the one game the Huskies "took off" that season. HTH
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,945
    edited July 2016
    Two things, and then I have to get back to my pretend legal career:

1. Yes, this thread sucks cewg cock w/o me. Fuck royotis; always was a fag; always will be a fag. And not in the good way.

2. Frankly, it doesn't fucking matter. Two 'has been' programs squealing over who was better in 1991 is a lot like the cool guys in high school arguing over who was the first to fuck some whore back in the day. Everyone's looking at them at the reunion, thinking the same thing: "Look at those two idiots arguing over who was the first to fuck that whore we went to school with."

3. OK, three things: JaWarrenJaHooker is royotis retard with the "took off" comment. Unless I'm being whooshed, which is entirely easy to do to me these days, that comment is El Oh El dumb. Washington knew what they were running into down there, and if they didn't, the found out early in the game.

You will all have to collectively lick my ballz if you want my wisdom on this subject. Other folks pay cash, so consider yourselves lucky.

CreepyCane
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,945
    Ok, damn it, I can't help it.

I'll just say this one thing, that only the old fuckers on this board can appreciate.

In that bowel game, where Nebraska was a regular in those days, one thing was entirely overrated (mostly by stupid people in Seattle) and one thing was entirely underrated.

Overrated: Home field advantage. Royotis' favorite go-to line, because, well, I told you: he's a fag and he's super fucking stupid. Nebraska was always quite at home in Miami in January, and nobody brought more fans to an Orange Bowl classic. I was at the '83 game, and I watched the '92 game. Same thing. Sea of fucking red. That, and it's for the national championship. Who the fuck cares where you are anyway?

Underrated: Miami's dry anal rape of Nebraska's offense. Nebraska had 82 RUSHING YARDS FOR THE GAME. Anyone here under the age of 30 cannot comment on this because you don't know (1) how dominant Nebraska was on the ground in their heyday and (2) how reliant they were on the running game in their heyday. Nobody ever went into a game looking to stuff their running game. You just wanted to keep in reasonable and outscore them, which was how you beat NU back then. It was unheard of in those days, unheard of I say, for Nebraska to be kept under 100 yards of rushing for an entire game ... any game. It just didn't happen.

The rest is whatever. I thought Miami's offense tended to be a little unpredictable and maybe a little overrated, and frankly, I thought Washington's was too. Both ran up insane numbers, but really, what was phenomenal about both those teams were their defenses. Washington had an insane D line, from which I think the backfield really benefited and maybe were made to look a little better than they were, and Miami had an insane linebacking corps who were setting a new standard for speed at the position in that era and who perhaps made up for other shortcomings. They were also no picnic to throw on either.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Let's take a closer look at BYU's NATTY-winning schedule in 1984, including opponent final AP ranking:

@ Pitt (3-7-1, NR) W 20-14
    Baylor (5-6, NR) W 47-13
    Tulsa (6-5, NR) W 38-15
    @ Hawaii (7-4, NR) W 18-13
    @ Colorado State (3-8, NR) W 52-9
    Wyoming (6-6, NR) W 41-38
    @ Air Force (8-4, NR) W 30-25
    @ New Mexico (4-8, NR) W 48-0
    UTEP (2-9, NR) W 42-9
    SDSU (4-7-1, NR) W 34-3
    @ Utah (6-5-1, NR) W 24-14
    Utah State (1-10, NR) W 38-13
    Michigan* (6-6, NR) W 24-17

*Holiday Bowl.

Yeah.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I was sexting with @CokeGreaterThanPepsi the other day about a recent article on the '84 Natty. Didn't really mention Washington.

Apparently 9-1-1 Floriduh won it. Go figure.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

TTJ said:

salemcoog said:

I like Miami in that one
    Well, your wife enjoyed the coitus anyway.

Shame you couldn't be there.