Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
The Good:

Sankey.
We won.
Defense was aggressive and hit hard.
Price got it together in the second half.
LB play, minus a few missed tackles.
Secondary.

The Bad:

Still lots of penalties.
Defensive line push. WTF. We got a bit of situational pressure, but mostly stoned.
Not taking advantage of opportunities. See entire first half.

The Ugly:

Play calling in the first half. Atrocious. Really.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club
    agreed on most counts and it was a solid win especially in those conditions and in this economy.
  • Swaye said:

The Good:

Sankey.
    We won.
    Secondary.

The Bad:

Still lots of penalties.
    Defensive line push. WTF. We got a bit of situational pressure, but mostly stoned.

The Ugly:

What's funny is I'm so used to us having 12+ penalties I actually thought they did a good job on the penalties.

I have doog like expectations when it comes to that.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club

Swaye said:

The Good:

Sankey.
    We won.
    Secondary.

The Bad:

Still lots of penalties.

The Ugly:

What's funny is I'm so used to us having 12+ penalties I actually thought they did a good job on the penalties.

I have doog like expectations when it comes to that.
    Maybe I drank too much. Seemed like we had a bunch tonight. But, at least we didn't have a bunch of procedure penalties and shit, I guess.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    More bad: poor tackling.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Good: Shaq Thompson. As I said in the game thread, the 500K a year and boat that it cost us to get him here was well worth it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,971 Swaye's Wigwam

Good: Shaq Thompson. As I said in the game thread, the 500K a year and boat that it cost us to get him here was well worth it.

Predator made a really bone headed mistake on the long QB run, biting inside when he had contain responsibility. The worst part about it was that his bite was more of a token step inside when he really had no chance of getting to the RB and wasn't going to try.

Two bonehead plays by the defense are all it took to make it interesting. The other was Feeney on the 4th and 10. He had the RB coming out of the backfield and just let him run right by him.

The D was good otherwise. They got tired and Carey is a bad ass. Still made him work for every yard.

Our offense still sucks, as expected. Arizona finally wilted defensively which was nice. Don't see that happening with the good teams.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Predator made a really bone headed mistake on the long QB run, biting inside when he had contain responsibility. The worst part about it was that his bite was more of a token step inside when he really had no chance of getting to the RB and wasn't going to try.

Two bonehead plays by the defense are all it took to make it interesting. The other was Feeney on the 4th and 10. He had the RB coming out of the backfield and just let him run right by him.

The D was good otherwise. They got tired and Carey is a bad ass. Still made him work for every yard.

Our offense still sucks, as expected. Arizona finally wilted defensively which was nice. Don't see that happening with the good teams.

Agree. If Stanford was our opponent tonight, they would have made us pay for all the little mental lapses, poor tackles, missed reads, and shit play calls all night. Arizona blows, so no big deal, but Stanford or UO whoop us by 25+ tonight. Get out the plungers.