Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Episode #9 (TSIO): USC and UCLA Preview

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Swaye said:

I feel UCLA got off rather easy in this episode.
    Entertaining as always, though im pretty sure only two of you are actually gay.
    7/7

My thoughts exactly. @Tequilla is the fag hag in this triumvirate. Coke and Dennis are so gay for each other it hurts me where I pee.
    Nothing like that burning sensation
  • Options

7/7

I actually thought we were fairly harsh on them ... DDY's look back at ICLA over the last 25-30 years was damning ... there's really no excuse for how shitty that has been

If anything, I feel what this pod showcased is that if you make continually uninspired coaching hires even those with the most built in of advantages can shit the bed
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

7/7

I actually thought we were fairly harsh on them ... DDY's look back at ICLA over the last 25-30 years was damning ... there's really no excuse for how shitty that has been

If anything, I feel what this pod showcased is that if you make continually uninspired coaching hires even those with the most built in of advantages can shit the bed
    I was being sarcastic - UCLA got roasted pretty well in this one :dizzy: was going to say @BallSacked got a shoutout
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Anyone else get the feeling DDY might get a little rapee after a few more drinks. Was that the tree guy making drinks?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Tequilla said:

7/7

I was being sarcastic - UCLA got roasted pretty well in this one :dizzy: was going to say @BallSacked got a shoutout
    DDY talking about the 80s and 90s. yawn. Won't listen...so fuck your shout out. Get AIDS DDY.

The Dorrell & Neu hire absolutely cratered the program. Mora is most likely maxed out in terms of Ws/Ls and will take the first exit possible (good)...but Moras done a ton off the field getting more money facilities fans and academic concessions. I'm sure tards like Tequila and Race will shout that down like it doesn't matter...but they're online MBA carpet laying fags. They don't know shit about anything.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

7/7

DDY talking about the 80s and 90s. yawn. Won't listen...so fuck your shout out. Get AIDS DDY.

The Dorrell & Neu hire absolutely cratered the program. Mora is most likely maxed out in terms of Ws/Ls and will take the first exit possible (good)...but Moras done a ton off the field getting more money facilities fans and academic concessions. I'm sure tards like Tequila and Race will shout that down like it doesn't matter...but they're online MBA carpet laying fags. They don't know shit about anything.
    You sound stupid
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

7/7

Tequilla said:

7/7

You sound stupid

Tequilla said:

7/7

I ALREADY HAVE IT FAGGOT!

I think you're right that Dorrell & Neu cratered the program. Thank god you guys have Mora now!
    L O Fucking L
  • Options
    I thought @BallSacked finally left for greener pastures ... good to see he's still alive.

On one hand, I don't disagree that Mora's probably done a lot for UCLA off the field ...

But on the other hand, it's FUCKING UCLA !!!

You already have all the built in recruiting advantages that anybody could ever need. SC is able to recruit whoever they want ... their practice field is adjacent to a shooting range and it's not like they play in the most modern stadium around

The reality is that Mora likely has reached the top of his abilities and he's just good enough (combined with UCLA always going to be more concerned about whether or not the hoops program is doing what they need to do) to probably hang onto that job long enough that eventually it'll do more harm to the program than not.

I also don't buy this idea that Mora's going to leave the first chance he gets. If that was the case he'd already have left. Instead, he's used other programs to leverage pay raises for himself out of UCLA. Every year that goes by the likelihood of him going back to the NFL drops ... only way he gets there is if he can find himself in a 11 win season sooner than later ... and let's be honest, that's not going to happen if he can't get that done this year because after this year he adds UW and Oregon to his schedule of the next two years combined with the annual games against Stanford and USC and that doesn't even get to the fact that they are starting to roll through Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Michigan, and LSU into their OOC schedules over the next 8 years. UCLA will be doing well to go 3-5 in those games.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    You need to actually have an NFL offer to leave OnlineMbaFS. If he gets a legitimate one he'll take it. I don't think he'll outlast Rosen at ucla regardless. Maybe just retire and go back to TV.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I thought @BallSacked finally left for greener pastures ... good to see he's still alive.

On one hand, I don't disagree that Mora's probably done a lot for UCLA off the field ...

You already have all the built in recruiting advantages that anybody could ever need. SC is able to recruit whoever they want ... their practice field is adjacent to a shooting range and it's not like they play in the most modern stadium around

The reality is that Mora likely has reached the top of his abilities and he's just good enough (combined with UCLA always going to be more concerned about whether or not the hoops program is doing what they need to do) to probably hang onto that job long enough that eventually it'll do more harm to the program than not.

I also don't buy this idea that Mora's going to leave the first chance he gets. If that was the case he'd already have left. Instead, he's used other programs to leverage pay raises for himself out of UCLA. Every year that goes by the likelihood of him going back to the NFL drops ... only way he gets there is if he can find himself in a 11 win season sooner than later ... and let's be honest, that's not going to happen if he can't get that done this year because after this year he adds UW and Oregon to his schedule of the next two years combined with the annual games against Stanford and USC and that doesn't even get to the fact that they are starting to roll through Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Michigan, and LSU into their OOC schedules over the next 8 years. UCLA will be doing well to go 3-5 in those games.

The thing I don't like about this post is you can't really tell what it's about from reading the first and last sentences. I don't know how to vote.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The move to Cokes mom basement did wonders for the content.

Just got kicked out, went on a Coca Cola and Cheetos 24 hour Bender and she had enough. It's all over.
  • Options

You need to actually have an NFL offer to leave OnlineMbaFS. If he gets a legitimate one he'll take it. I don't think he'll outlast Rosen at ucla regardless. Maybe just retire and go back to TV.

He's pretty much made it obvious that he's not leaving for another college job ... he's very unlikely to get a NFL job ... which means he's at UCLA until he either leaves or gets fired ...

Considering that he is going to be owing a bit of money to his ex ... I'm guessing he's not leaving UCLA on his own anytime in the near future.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The thing I don't like about this post is you can't really tell what it's about from reading the first and last sentences. I don't know how to vote.
    A Tequilla brain dump of about 3 points into 1 post

Or, in other words, about 81% shorter than the typical DDY podcast comment
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    H_D said:

Cool shoutout to this gem:

Did not notice/know about the Guam flag angle, that's some upper level investigative journalism shit TSIOers
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Tequilla said:

7/7

Even for Ballsacked this a lame-ass post.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The Guam flag is fucking LOL. Also Hwlton research must be pretty sobering for SC fans. Hot seat cooks up immediately when Alabama snaps them in half.