Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USA Basketball Thread

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I'm probably the only one here who loves USA/Olympic basketball, so be it.
----
Team USA Finalizes 10 of 12 Roster Spots For Olympics While Waiting On LeBron James, Kyrie Irving For Final 2

The United States has set 10 of their 12 roster spots for their 2016 Olympic team with the final two spots reserved for Kyrie Irving and LeBron James to make a final decision on whether they will participate.

The following ten players are confirmed to participate:

Kevin Durant
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Carmelo Anthony
Jimmy Butler
DeMarcus Cousins
DeAndre Jordan
Kyle Lowry
DeMar DeRozan
Paul George

----

Cmon LeBron...you got the ship! Lace up with your BFF Carmelo one last time. I won't begrudge him sitting though, he's played in 2004 (Bronze), 2008 (Gold), and 2012 (Gold). Definitely did his service for god and cuntry. I just love watching him in international play because he plays like a PG and averages 10+ assists a game. Curry is a bitch.

I expect Cousins to have a monster Olympics being that he is on a good team and isn't surrounded by morons.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2016
    If Lebron and Irving say no who do they pick? Obviously one pick would have to be point guard. But this list of opt outs is crazy large:

Lillard
    Wall
    Paul
    Curry
    Aldridge
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Griffin
  • Options
    Founders Club
    We're about to find out
    CLEVELAND, Ohio – LeBron James informed USA Basketball that he would not participate in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in August, citing the glut of court time he's logged through six consecutive trips to the Finals.

James' agent Rich Paul informed Team USA managing director Jerry Colangelo Thursday of James' decision.

"I could use the rest," James told cleveland.com.

James' decision could signal the end of his prolific Olympic career. He's 31 and has already won two gold medals (in 2012 and 2008) and a bronze (2004) in three Olympics with Team USA, as well as a bronze in the 2006 FIBA World Championships.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Irving yes James no

I like international ball. I like winning. I don't like fags who complain that we win by too much

That's why you loved Auburn until they went on probation and you loved the Yankees until they stopped winning world titles.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine if all these guys had played soccer!!! We would dominate and win every single World Cup with our height and athleticism!!!!!1!!!1
  • Options
    Founders Club

Irving yes James no

I like international ball. I like winning. I don't like fags who complain that we win by too much

Read comments on any article and you'll see morons talking about how it's all dumb blowouts and coach K should pump the brakes. forgetting of course that we* fucking lost in 2002 FIBA, 2004 Olympics, and 2006 FIBA. Almost lost to Spain in '08 and '12 finals as well.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't blame James for not playing ... I still hold to my opinion that he's moving towards a position where he's going to be picking his spots on when he can go really hard or not.

I don't really blast Curry for not playing ... I don't think he's healthy but we'll likely never hear how bad of shape he was in.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I don't blame James for not playing ... I still hold to my opinion that he's moving towards a position where he's going to be picking his spots on when he can go really hard or not.

I don't really blast Curry for not playing ... I don't think he's healthy but we'll likely never hear how bad of shape he was in.

You really don't think we will hear about it?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Irving yes James no

Yes

Dumbest complaint ever

"Gee, I really wish the Oregon games in 2002 and 2003 were closer."
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

You haven't yet ... typically you would ... I'm sure someday but it isn't being used as an excuse for losing the Finals which is shouldn't be ... but to rest up and not play the Olympics if actually injured is very valid in my mind.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You haven't yet ... typically you would ... I'm sure someday but it isn't being used as an excuse for losing the Finals which is shouldn't be ... but to rest up and not play the Olympics if actually injured is very valid in my mind.
    Or he's soft.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is that the worst US team since 04?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Or he's soft.
    Abundance
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:
    What a shameful display by the US. That whole team was too cool for school. I'm glad they got embarrassed.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:
    Forgot Manu used to have hair, and springs.

Completely unacceptable to lose to a team with him as its best player though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    What a legend though. I respect his greatness. 4 rings. Several European league MVPs. Gold medal over the invincible USA. Bronze Medal in Beijing 2008. Dude could run for office down there and win easily.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Gladstone said:

What a legend though. I respect his greatness. 4 rings. Several European league MVPs. Gold medal over the invincible USA. Bronze Medal in Beijing 2008. Dude could run for office down there and win easily.

Oh no doubt, dude's as accomplished as he is annoying. He's like a law abiding man's Venoy with a jumper.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:
    Forgot Manu used to have hair, and springs.

Completely unacceptable to lose to a team with him as its best player though.
    Winners win.