Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I don't like Arizona

In the summer it is way too fucking hot. (I did spend christmas there once and that was nice)

It is too far from the ocean.

Sedona has too many hippies running trinket shops selling meditation crystals and new age looking crap made in Taiwan.

Vegas isn't there. What is the point of being that fucking hot in the summer if you aren't Vegas?

And there isn't any good skiing there. You have to travel to New Mexico or Colorado or Utah or Cali for that.

Fuck Arizona.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was in Tempe and Phoenix two weekends ago, and it was 105 the whole time. It was a fun time, but the whole state sucks.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    You forgot illegals, about 3,000,000 old people, and fright wing nuts.
  • Options
    Arizona is quite nice from November to March.

I remember going down for many a Spring Training in Peoria with my Dad watching Ken Griffey Jr on crisp early spring afternoons.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Your_Mom said:

In the summer it is way too fucking hot. (I did spend christmas there once and that was nice)

It is too far from the ocean.

Sedona has too many hippies running trinket shops selling meditation crystals and new age looking crap made in Taiwan.

Vegas isn't there. What is the point of being that fucking hot in the summer if you aren't Vegas?

And there isn't any good skiing there. You have to travel to New Mexico or Colorado or Utah or Cali for that.

Fuck Arizona.

uh, ya think that's why they've never been to a rose bowl?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I was in Tempe and Phoenix two weekends ago, and it was 105 the whole time. It was a fun time, but the whole state sucks.

Going to Arizona in September is just as fucktarded as going to Palm Desert in June.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Seattle weather sucks. I hate it being 40-80 degrees the entire year. Way too much rain.

I want 110 degree summers with NO rain. That sounds amazing.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seattle weather sucks. I hate it being 40-80 degrees the entire year. Way too much rain.

110 fucking sucks at any time of year. San Diego probably has the best weather one could ask for. Between 60-85 all year long. That's that shit I do like.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I was down there two weeks ago also. Had a good time as well.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Honolulu says hello... Highs between 80-85 every fucking day of the year. Lows between 65-75. Rains a little bit every day, enough to keep the grass green. Water temperature in the ocean - fucking perfect.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

Honolulu says hello... Highs between 80-85 every fucking day of the year. Lows between 65-75. Rains a little bit every day, enough to keep the grass green. Water temperature in the ocean - fucking perfect.

Honolulu blows.

Sugar Beach it's where its at
  • Options
    WTF is sugar beach? Is that like lemon party?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    AZDuck said:

Sugar Beach is an urban beach park in Toronto, Canada, that opened in 2010. It is located across from Redpath Sugar Refinery in Toronto's eastern East Bayfront. Like HTO Park to the west, the beach is not meant to allow wading or swimming in Lake Ontario, but rather functions as a waterfront public space for relaxation, leisure, and social activities.
    The park is designed by Claude Cormier Architectes Paysagistes Inc. It features a sandy beach with ornamental lighting, umbrellas, Muskoka chairs, rocky amphitheatre and candy trim, and pedestrian areas paved with granite setts in three colours arranged in a stylized maple leaf motif.
    Since 2011, the beach has been the setting for the Toronto Port Authority's Sail-In Cinema event, with an inflatable movie screen mounted on a custom-built barge approximately 50 metres south of the beach.[4]
    Contents [hide]
    1 History
    2 See also
    3 References
    4 External links
    History[edit source]

The park is triangular-shaped and built next to Redpath Sugar's refinery at Lower Jarvis Street and Queen's Quay—the park's name references the nearby sugar refinery. It shares space with the new home of Corus Entertainment on Corus Quay (formerly Jarvis Street Slip). The building and beach are separated by a paved area with benches and trees in Silva Cells, and Corus Quay has large retractable doors that allow the building to host concerts and events at Sugar Beach. Prior to construction, the entire site was a parking lot for the Jarvis Street Slip and located across from The Guvernment night club.[5]
    See also[edit source]

A list of Toronto's other beaches and waterfront parks:
    The Beaches
    Cherry Beach
    HTO Park
    Sunnyside
    References[edit source]

Jump up ^ "Winners of AZURE Magazine’s 2012 AZ Awards". 15 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
    Jump up ^ "2012 National Urban Design Awards". Awarded by Architecture Canada/Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, the Canadian Institute of Planners, and the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
    Jump up ^ "Toronto's Sweetest Beach Receives International Recognition". Yahoo! Canada Finance (Yahoo! Canada Co.). 30 August 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-29. "The urban beach, located in the new East Bayfront community, has received a 2012 American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) Honor Award in the General Design category."
    Jump up ^ McDiarmid, Jessica (19 August 2012). "Sail-in movie theatre makes waves in Toronto". Toronto Star. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
    Jump up ^ "Sugar Beach Opens". CityTV. 2010-08-09. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
  • Options
    Beach on the Great Lakes with no actual access to the lake itself. Lemony.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

AZDuck said:

Honolulu blows.

Sugar Beach it's where its at
    I'm guessing the beers are cold and rib and rickshaw rides are available :)

Love the Eastern Caribbean, very laid back.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you don't know that the loosest women in the west are located in AZ, then I can't help you.

The only time I didn't get laid in AZ was when I had a two-hour layover at Sky Harbor Int'l airport.

It's like fishing with dynamite down there.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you don't know that the loosest women in the west are located in AZ, then I can't help you.

The only time I didn't get laid in AZ was when I had a two-hour layover at Sky Harbor Int'l airport.

It's like fishing with dynamite down there.

The main reason 50% of ASU students have a burning sensation when they pee.
    Big fucking deal. They have pills for that shit. You just gotta make sure you don't get the herpes or the HIV.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

110 fucking sucks at any time of year.
    Yeah, but it's a drrryyyy heat.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

AZDuck - you in Hawaii brah?

I lived in Hawaii Kai for a few years after college. Zippy's or L&L still exist?