Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Well there goes the saying ...

topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
Revenue cures all ills.

How in the fuck does a company (Sears) do 5.7 billion dollars in revenue ... and lose 471MM

I guess I'm surprised Sears does 5.7 billion in sales ...

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    axe accounting
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Since your Google is broken:
    In all, for the quarter ended April 30, Sears reported a loss of $471 million, or $4.41 a share, compared with a loss of $303 million, or $2.85 a share, a year earlier. Excluding certain items, Sears’s adjusted loss shrunk to $1.86 a share from $2 a share.

Revenue dropped 8.3% to $5.39 billion, mostly owing to the same-store sales decrease and having fewer Kmart and Sears full-line stores in operation. Of the year-over-year decline, $268 million was attributable to comparable-store declines, while $149 million of the decline was due to having fewer stores.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Revenue cures all ills.

How in the fuck does a company (Sears) do 5.7 billion dollars in revenue ... and lose 471MM

I guess I'm surprised Sears does 5.7 billion in sales ...

They should ask Scott Woodward
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2016

In all, for the quarter ended April 30, Sears reported a loss of $471 million, or $4.41 a share, compared with a loss of $303 million, or $2.85 a share, a year earlier. Excluding certain items, Sears’s adjusted loss shrunk to $1.86 a share from $2 a share.

Revenue dropped 8.3% to $5.39 billion, mostly owing to the same-store sales decrease and having fewer Kmart and Sears full-line stores in operation. Of the year-over-year decline, $268 million was attributable to comparable-store declines, while $149 million of the decline was due to having fewer stores.

They lost $471 million on $5.7 billion of sales because they didn't have enough sales? That's like saying CUOGS lost the latest apple cup because they didn't score enough points.

Assuming you actually work, it CAN'T be in any financial field. Holey fuck.

• Options

I thinks you misunderstood the sarcastic nature of my poast.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

RIP

Chicago has needed common sense gun laws for a very long time
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sears catalog.

BRB, JO
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not to worry, they'll make it up on even more volume in Q3
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,831
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RIP

Sears went gay long ago. No men's sporting products sold there now just cheap metrosexual shit.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

RIP

Sears went gay long ago. No men's sporting products sold there now just cheap metrosexual shit.
    Never thought I would see the day when someone would use metrosexual and Sears in the same sentence.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing this shit would never fly in a REAL corporation run by intelligent people!!!!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sears was the original Amazon.com

Via the catalog store you drove into town to get your shit from when it finally arrived by train.