Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Can somebody please send this story to Montlake?

Dear Coach,

Just thought I'd pass along something as you consider the scholarships (and player development) of Sione Potoa'e, Josh Banks, Lawrence Lagafuiana, Andrew Hudson, Taniela Tupou, and Jarret Finau:

“Man, we have so much depth on the defensive line it’s ridiculous," said Seattle cornerback Walter Thurmond. “The talent is out there. It all starts in the trenches for us and makes our job [in the secondary] so much easier.”

The Seahawks had four sacks and eight quarterback pressures Sunday. The defense started the game by holding the Jaguars to four consecutive 3-and-outs. Jacksonville had only 20 yards rushing in the first half."

Sincerely yours,

Broken Record

Link: espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/627/seahawks-defense-still-impressive

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Fun Fact: UW is in Seattle, not Montlake.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    There is no Montlake District
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Funny or factual, the Seahawks are almost a World away from Montlake football especially on defense where many ions ago........ defense mattered. We all know that the Huskies continue to struggle in the defensive front seven or six, especially on the defensive line, and that has to get a lot better, but when? Is it too early to decide that Tosh under Sark's management is all recruit and no coach? Is no-one else reminded of that whenever we see Randy Hart on the Stanford sideline?

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Fun Fact: UW is in the U-District of Seattle on Aurora Avenue, not Montlake.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Passion said:

Dear Coach,

Just thought I'd pass along something as you consider the scholarships (and player development) of Sione Potoa'e, Josh Banks, Lawrence Lagafuiana, Andrew Hudson, Taniela Tupou, and Jarret Finau:

“Man, we have so much depth on the defensive line it’s ridiculous," said Seattle cornerback Walter Thurmond. “The talent is out there. It all starts in the trenches for us and makes our job [in the secondary] so much easier.”

The Seahawks had four sacks and eight quarterback pressures Sunday. The defense started the game by holding the Jaguars to four consecutive 3-and-outs. Jacksonville had only 20 yards rushing in the first half."

Sincerely yours,

Broken Record

Link: espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/627/seahawks-defense-still-impressive

Hudson? Passion I respect you, but pull your bean out your asshole!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    AAnd wait until a players' junior year and after before you start yanking rides. Pisses me off.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

Dear Coach,

Sincerely yours,

Broken Record

What has Hudson done this year?

And regarding "pulling rides," the hard fact is that good players are good when they arrive. You don't have to be a Shaq Thompson, but freshmen should be turning heads from day 1.

"Hoping" a lackluster player develops into a star by year-4 is bullshit. ALL players should be showing potential from their first practice forward.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club
    edited September 2013
    Tailgater said:

Funny or factual, the Seahawks are almost a World away from Montlake football especially on defense where many ions ago........ defense mattered. We all know that the Huskies continue to struggle in the defensive front seven or six, especially on the defensive line, and that has to get a lot better, but when? Is it too early to decide that Tosh under Sark's management is all recruit and no coach? Is no-one else reminded of that whenever we see Randy Hart on the Stanford sideline?

Covalent bonds share electrons, ionic bonds result from electron transfer, i.e. suddenly senior bonds. Simple fact.

Sark promised what Harbaugh and Shaw have delivered to Stanford ...... a conference championship team that looks a lot like those UW had eons ago. Somehow the purple politician has failed to deliver, opting instead for the small ball no huddle soup du jour, mid season three loss streaks, and multiple plungerings. My oh my, how times have changed.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    The longer players are here, the more you hate them. Can't wait to replace them with HS players that you have never seen play before. #HHBIronLaw
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited September 2013
    Montlake is home to the Spite House, though.

• And that homeless guy and his wife who are always on the overpass above 520.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Dear Coach,

Sincerely yours,

Broken Record

What has Hudson done this year?

And regarding "pulling rides," the hard fact is that good players are good when they arrive. You don't have to be a Shaq Thompson, but freshmen should be turning heads from day 1.

"Hoping" a lackluster player develops into a star by year-4 is bullshit. ALL players should be showing potential from their first practice forward.
    He is confusing Andrew Hudson with Evan Hudson.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

And that homeless guy and his wife who are always on the overpass above 520.

Stop by and say hello next time.

If you wear your absolute mustard shirt, someone might actually bring you a plate of nachos.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Andrew Hudson has been the #1 disappointment on the D this year.
  • PhilBleenorPhilBleenor Member Posts: 54

Andrew Hudson has been the #1 disappointment on the D this year.

Great post

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,141 Founders Club

And that homeless guy and his wife who are always on the overpass above 520.

Stop by and say hello next time.

If you wear your absolute mustard shirt, someone might actually bring you a plate of nachos.
    It's too small now