Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen...gets it?

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If only some half brains had predicted Marinerization of the program more than a decade ago...

NegaDawgs! #banned
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I know Tommy is drunk but Cal beat Texas in Austin last year.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

UW averaged 61,919 fans per home football game last season, down from 64,508 in 2014 and 68,769 in 2013, the year the new stadium opened. Improving attendance in 2016 is one of the department’s biggest priorities. “Our gate is not where it needs to be in football,” Cohen said. “Our ability to fill this stadium is the single-most important thing we can do for all of our programs to be successful. So that is my job, 24/7, is to be thinking about that, focusing on that, and certainly if we could improve that situation over the course of the next couple years, our financial outlook will look different than it looks today.”
    Story.

Has she been given the job already officially because she's speaking like she has. If UW is still trying to put on the illusion of a search, but letting her make comments like that, I'm surprised that I'm surprised.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

PM to Jen: Start by fixing 4-5.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

UW averaged 61,919 fans per home football game last season, down from 64,508 in 2014 and 68,769 in 2013, the year the new stadium opened. Improving attendance in 2016 is one of the department’s biggest priorities. “Our gate is not where it needs to be in football,” Cohen said. “Our ability to fill this stadium is the single-most important thing we can do for all of our programs to be successful. So that is my job, 24/7, is to be thinking about that, focusing on that, and certainly if we could improve that situation over the course of the next couple years, our financial outlook will look different than it looks today.”
    Story.
    Has she been given the job already officially because she's speaking like she has. If UW is still trying to put on the illusion of a search, but letting her make comments like that, I'm surprised that I'm surprised.

The "search" has always been an illusion. That's the Udub model these days. Same as it ever was.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    And even if the illusion wasn't real and they were actually conducting a legit search, not only as interim AD, but in her prior capacity her focus was based on the football side of the ledger. So her comments aren't out of bounds from that side of things regardless of what viewpoint she's using.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,540
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have zero trust Jen Cohen gets anything other than a dozen maple bars from QFC every morning. Win games. Stop playing shitty OOC games. Close the zone. Shit I could do this job and I'm borderline incompetent (circa @RaceBannon 2012)

Bash Jen's tits. Bash her big ass. Bash that she doesn't know shit.

But you bash QFC maple bars, I am the fuck OUT.

QFC deli deserves some free pub here. #boarshead
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    It's all about atmosphere, music, dancing, family friendly lots, etc. I say ban tailgating and make the lots alcohol free picnic areas with activities for kids. Crank up mike posener and have he football players dance in front of fans. Have competitions at every timeout like apple bobbing or Dr Pepper football throws. And get at least 50-100 Harry Huskys running around.

Fuck winning and good football, only ass in seats.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think they should really emphasize the changes in the uniforms that has obviously been a key initiative to the athletic department. Make every single game a "Mystery Game" so that we could come out in blue or orange or brown or green or whatever the AD wants and they only sell the UW gear with that day's color during the game. Sort of like the old Heinz Ketchup Mystery Color promotion. You can't tell me that wouldn't get 73,000 people into the stadium.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I met a guy who played for Oregon when College Football began in 1994. I noticed he was wearing a Rose Bowl ring. I asked if the ring was from 94 and if so, why he had a Rose Bowl ring since they lost. He said it was a "PAC-10 championship ring".

Cool story.
    The only person wearing that ring should be this guy:
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

I think our team is shit and your a bunch of fags

Tightened that up for ya
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    More Marinerization of the football program.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

More Marinerization of the football program.

It's Seattleization though, hth. Clock is ticking on the Hawks.