Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I think that....

I think that I have noticed something about Sark....

I think that around 90% of his sentences start with "I think that...."

I think that he picked it up from Carroll, who I think also uses the phrase a lot.

I think that coaches use the phrase "I think that..." in order to make it appear as though they have thought about something.

I think that it is a completely unnecessary distraction, because I think that they can simply say what they think, rather than telling us that they thought it. I think that we generally assume people talking have a brain, so I think that it is unnecessary for them to explain that they thought....

I think that it is a very annoying speech pattern.

I think that fortunately Sark changes it up sometimes by saying "I thought that...." I think that otherwise it might be even more annoying than I think it already is.

I think that some of you may enjoy my sharing this precious thought with you.

I think that I will finish now.

Comments

• trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    Global said:

I think that he picked it up from Carroll, who I think also uses the phrase a lot.

I think that coaches use the phrase "I think that..." in order to make it appear as though they have thought about something.

I think that it is a completely unnecessary distraction, because I think that they can simply say what they think, rather than telling us that they thought it. I think that we generally assume people talking have a brain, so I think that it is unnecessary for them to explain that they thought....

I think that fortunately Sark changes it up sometimes by saying "I thought that...." I think that otherwise it might be even more annoying than I think it already is.

I think you're deep.
  • jmc84jmc84 Member Posts: 499
    I hadn't noticed this, but now that you've pointed it out, it's going to drive me nuts. Thanks, you just ruined Sark for me. Oh, wait. Nevermind.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    I think you're right.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I think that Sark is still in over his head.

I think that a REAL football program would clean house at the end of this season that is already over.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    I like that the "season is over" but I bitch about it every 5 minutes like it is going to change something.

I like that...
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Huh?
    tracker said:

Global said:

I think you're deep.

I like that the "season is over" but I bitch about it every 5 minutes like it is going to change something.

I like that...

The season is over because Sark is still Sark.

Keep up the passive aggressive non-defenses of Sark though. It's the only value you provide here.
  • I like that the "season is over" but I bitch about it every 5 minutes like it is going to change something.

I like that...

I like that you still don't get it despite posting here for almost 10 months now.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    say what you want about Sark...he is 3-0
    jecornel said:

One game over .500 against FBS opponents in his career. Extend him for life.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

jecornel said:

Enough to keep pool boy happy and the stadium with strong revenues....7 or 8 win Sark is perfect for the script. Sark is a good public cheer leader and is liked. For some reason being liked at UW keeps you around.

3-0, I would SAY TO YOUR FACE!!!

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Enough to keep pool boy happy and the stadium with strong revenues....7 or 8 win Sark is perfect for the script. Sark is a good public cheer leader and is liked. For some reason being liked at UW keeps you around.

Marinerization.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Marinerization.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Ouch. It hurts, but it is true.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Kick ass thinker.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    I think that the responses are very thoughtful.
  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    Sorry all.

I think that I have an apology to make.

I think I stated Sark says "I think that" or "I thought that" around 90% of the time.

I think I may have overstated it. I thought that it was that high, but I think that I was overreacting.

I think that I just listened to the Times video of Sark's post game remarks. I think that Sark only says "I think that" or "I thought that" around 18 times.

I thought that it was more. I think that I am sorry.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,139 Founders Club

Kick ass thinker.

Best thinker in the country.

• Kick ass thinker.

Best thinker in the country.

Everyone says so.