Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I did something unusual last night...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
...I watched the debates. That wasn't the unusual part though...I didn't drink or smoke weed before watching it...which was highly unusual. So, with a clear head, here are my thoughts.

Rubio smashed Trump last night. Clearly won the debate, no if's and's or but's.

Cruz looked to be playing second fiddle and I think Rubio will clearly distance himself from Cruz going forward.

Carson had a great on liner. I like that guy, just not as President.

Kasich was there? Didn't notice.

None of it matters. Trump wins this thing because Cruz won't drop out, and neither will Rubio, so they will sap from each other and the Trump train keeps right on rolling.

The one interesting thing in all of this is whether all of Rubio's uppercuts to DT just cost him the VP spot. I think Trump will like Kasich, a rather invisible guy who gives him some cred, but will be forgotten about quickly allowing DT's cult of personality to run wild.

Good chit boobielips.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rubio still comes off as a lightweight. He scored points but somehow managed to look small doing it. If he is shut out Tuesday he is all but done.

Trump paid a fine for a contractor using pollacks 40 years ago. Film at 11

There is a long list of things that should finish Trump. Maybe someday they will
  • Options
    Founders Club

Rubio still comes off as a lightweight. He scored points but somehow managed to look small doing it. If he is shut out Tuesday he is all but done.

Trump paid a fine for a contractor using pollacks 40 years ago. Film at 11

There is a long list of things that should finish Trump. Maybe someday they will

Disagree. I thought Rubio looked good, but too little too late I think.

Agree with you that nothing stops Trump. True Teflon Don. After Super Tuesday, it is all but over.

For VP GOP will want Rubio, but I just have this feeling Trump goes with Kasich...
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I agree, Rubio landed some blows.

The problem, it was canned and forced.

He needs to stick, jab and get back on message.

None of it matters. Trump's base now sees him as a guy who can take a shot and give it back. As Tom Petty once said ... I won't back down. Trump's base loves that shit show.

Cruz is a fag ... he's even lost my vote when he runs for re-election. Looked like my 8 year old trying to get my attention ... dad ... dad ... dad ... pay attention to me.

Trump keeps his 32 points Rubio peaks at 26.

Oh yeah ...

Tacobama just pissed off Trump and if he wins the nomination ... Trump will extract his revenge.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rubio looked good going after Trump. In particular the you repeat yourself thing. But the problem has been the attacker, including Christie who did so well against Rubio, tend to end up as suicide bombers. Its a really weird season to be sure.

In my opinion both Rubio and Cruz sound like canned politicians when they speak about their ideas. I think that is what is holding them back. If we(?) weren't a bunch of idiots Kasich would be leading.

If I am not mistaken Cruz leads the few states on Tuesday that Trump isn't leading. If Rubio is the Washington Huskies again on Tuesday and Cruz and Trump win states, it will be pretty hard for Rubio to say Cruz needs to get out of his way.

There is still time for it to change though
  • Options
    Founders Club

Rubio looked good going after Trump. In particular the you repeat yourself thing. But the problem has been the attacker, including Christie who did so well against Rubio, tend to end up as suicide bombers. Its a really weird season to be sure.

In my opinion both Rubio and Cruz sound like canned politicians when they speak about their ideas. I think that is what is holding them back. If we(?) weren't a bunch of idiots Kasich would be leading.

If I am not mistaken Cruz leads the few states on Tuesday that Trump isn't leading. If Rubio is the Washington Huskies again on Tuesday and Cruz and Trump win states, it will be pretty hard for Rubio to say Cruz needs to get out of his way.

There is still time for it to change though

Good analysis. I don't see any path for Rubio or Cruz really. Trump is going to have a commanding lead after Tuesday. And Cru just isn't likeable enough to win long term. Rubio stepped on his dick too many times early, and as you say, Kasich, the best of them all, has never gained any traction.

All Hail Trump I suppose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

I agree, Rubio landed some blows.

The problem, it was canned and forced.

He needs to stick, jab and get back on message.

None of it matters. Trump's base now sees him as a guy who can take a shot and give it back. As Tom Petty once said ... I won't back down. Trump's base loves that shit show.

Cruz is a fag ... he's even lost my vote when he runs for re-election. Looked like my 8 year old trying to get my attention ... dad ... dad ... dad ... pay attention to me.

Trump keeps his 32 points Rubio peaks at 26.

Oh yeah ...

Tacobama just pissed off Trump and if he wins the nomination ... Trump will extract his revenge.

Don't forget that Vincente Fox "endorsed" Trump with his fucking wall remark. Trump's enemies are his best friends
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Or is that who Tacobama is?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Holy shit a lot of slurping going on in here.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The election is over.

• Options

2001400ex said:

Holy shit a lot of slurping going on in here.

Of course it pales next to all the excitement that Clinton is generating
    Clinton and Bernie are boring as fuck. But it's awesome how much you guys get off on watching a debate where they act like grade school kids looking for the best zinger.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Obama was a great Bush for us. Thanks for that. Better than Obama!
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

us?

It's clear your qualifications for president is a dude who acts like a tough guy with an R next to their name.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

us?

It's clear your qualifications for president is a dude who acts like a tough guy with an R next to their name.
    I've never voted for a Republican Presidential candidate. HTH.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

us?

To be fair, you've never been old enough to vote. Keep working them 80 hours a week to have $5,000 in the bank.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    An under rated part last night was the sexual tension between the Telemundo reporter and Trump.

Could be a great hate fuck there
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You're a special guy Hondo.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

us?

To be fair, you've never been old enough to vote. Keep working them 80 hours a week to have $5,000 in the bank.
    You sound bitter

And like a loser
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Big belly laughs. It's Friday.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,778
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

us?

I think if you asked the bored, to a man, they would guess (correctly) that you have less than $5000 in the bank. Therefore, as usual, your poont is mute.

But carry on. We know you love to hear yourself talk.