Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Per Gershon, Romar out

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2013
    The basketball board at doogman has gotten pretty bad. You have SpadoFS who has been wrong about literally everything but IT, and even then he was too bullish on IT. I grew up with IT and was a huge fan of him because he always heard the too small shit, but was always the best, but Spado compares his play in the NBA to John Wall and thought he should have won NCAA player of the year. The Simmons first round draft pick shit is possibly the dumbest fucking thing I have ever read.

Next you have BFallenB. He knows a little bit about basketball, but is one of those fundamental douchebags who needs to realize it is not 1970 anymore. Kids play AAU ball, have tattoos, try to be too flashy at times, and listen to rap.. Deal with it. Not every good player is going to be Jon Brockman or Kevin Love. This guy also talked more crap about IT and Wroten (some warranted), but praised Shabazz Muhammud. Shabazz can't do anything but score, but I didn't hear much negative about him, yet everyday he would bash Wroten, while not acknowledging any good that Wroten did.

Moose is just a huge doog. Nuff said on that.

AntiDuckDawg played high school basketball in the 70's and acts like his teams could beat the Nate Robinson, Stewart twins Rainier Beach teams. Since his dad was a good high school coach (who fucking cares), he thinks he knows everything about basketball. Another guy who is stuck in the 70's and can't evaluate for shit now with the new age of players.

TequillaFS- I once played with Elston Turner and Abdul. I set a great screen and nailed a three. Turner gave me a high five and we laughed at how many games we won. Blah, Blah, Blah... Shut the fuck up. I'm going to break down the UW offense in a seven paragraph breakdown that nobody cares to read.

Beach- Seems like a good guy, but a huge doog. The Sean Miller shit really pisses me off, especially when Arizona's program is easily in the best shape in the conference. The head of hoops should not be lead doog. Not to mention, if they really wanted legit connections, Jason would be the head guy. He would do a great job.

DNC was the only really good hoops poster left. I remember lots of them when I read the boards back in 2004-2008. It has not been immune to the plague that has infested doogman.com.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

The basketball board at doogman has gotten pretty bad. You have SpadoFS who has been wrong about literally everything but IT, and even then he was too bullish on IT. I grew up with IT and was a huge fan of him because he always heard the too small shit, but was always the best, but Spado compares his play in the NBA to John Wall and thought he should have won NCAA player of the year.

Next you have BFallenB. He knows a little bit about basketball, but is one of those fundamental douchebags who needs to realize it is not 1970 anymore. Kids play AAU ball, have tattoos, try to be too flashy at times, and listen to rap.. Deal with it. Not every good player is going to be Jon Brockman or Kevin Love. This guy also talked more crap about IT and Wroten (some warranted), but praised Shabazz Muhammud. Shabazz can't do anything but score, but I didn't hear much negative about him, yet everyday he would bash Wroten, while not acknowledging any good that Wroten did.

Moose is just a huge doog. Nuff said on that.

AntiDuckDawg played high school basketball in the 70's and acts like his teams could beat the Nate Robinson, Stewart twins Rainier Beach teams. Since his dad was a good high school coach (who fucking cares), he thinks he knows everything about basketball. Another guy who is stuck in the 70's and can't evaluate for shit now with the new age of players.

TequillaFS- I once played with Elston Turner and Abdul. I set a great screen and nailed a three. Turner gave me a high five and we laughed at how many games we won. Blah, Blah, Blah... Shut the fuck up. I'm going to break down the UW offense in a seven paragraph breakdown that nobody cares to read.

Beach- Seems like a good guy, but a huge doog. The Sean Miller shit really pisses me off, especially when Arizona's program is easily in the best shape in the conference. The head of hoops should not be lead doog. Not to mention, if they really wanted legit connections, Jason would be the head guy. He would do a great job.

DNC was the only really good hoops poster left. I remember lots of them when I read the boards back in 2004-2008.

It's not quite that bad - chavezinidaho knows his stuff and isn't a raging homer. Deezmutz is good. There's a couple others worth reading.

But overall your assessment is pretty spot on. I hate knocking Beach. He's is a really good guy (I know) who I used to work with on a Mariners site back in the day. I have no clue what he's thinking with Sean Miller.

But yeah, the ole free bird days were far superior to what happens over there now. Everything moosewhosails poasts makes my eyes hurt, and spado is a bigger idiot than steelpuppy.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited September 2013
    Gordon, Bird, and Parker were never going to sign with LoRo (I like to call him that) or UW. Let's be objective here. They were merely shopping their talents as anyone in their shoes would.
    MisterEm said:

Gordon, Bird, and Parker were never going to sign with LoRo (I like to call him that) or UW. Let's be objective here. They were merely shopping their talents as anyone in their shoes would.

I tend to think UW had a real shot at Gordon and pissed it away with a bad season, but I agree about the other two.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    When Gordon didn't sign in November, anyone with any sense knew it was all over.

When Gordon didn't sign in November, anyone with any sense knew it was all over.

true

• Did Romar have a shot at Gordon or was it your typical big time recruit that Romar always finishes 2nd place in?

UW basketball is where the "I'm just happy we are even in the running for these guys" line started.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    dnc said:

MisterEm said:

I tend to think UW had a real shot at Gordon and pissed it away with a bad season, but I agree about the other two.
    I wanted to believe with you as well.... but it felt phony throughout.

Washington is not a basketball school.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sounds like a lot of higher level discussion on the basketball board. Some of you need to diaff
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

That's dumb if true. Unless he quit on his own. UW will never be a national power or a "basketball school". Nor will any school in the northwest, including Gonzaga. Romar is what he is and as good as we can ever expect. Oh yeah....basketball sucks.

WTF Damone? Florida, Butler, George Washington did pretty well buddy. UW can be as big and bad as anybody if they stumble upon the right coach. Can they retain that coach? That's another issue! Is Romar that Guy? If he yards a few bigs out his stubborn black ass!
    Lol.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    So Romar is out? Like.... a fag? Mind blown.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Did Romar have a shot at Gordon or was it your typical big time recruit that Romar always finishes 2nd place in?

UW basketball is where the "I'm just happy we are even in the running for these guys" line started.

I think we actually did have a shot at him, but a bad season and that change to the fucking high post offense pretty much ruined it. And yes it was worrisome when he didn't sign in november. And, oh yeah, Parker's dad doesn't fly. HTH
    dhdawg said:

Did Romar have a shot at Gordon or was it your typical big time recruit that Romar always finishes 2nd place in?

I think we actually did have a shot at him, but a bad season and that change to the fucking high post offense pretty much ruined it. And yes it was worrisome when he didn't sign in november. And, oh yeah, Parker's dad doesn't fly. HTH
    Plus, academis

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    oh christ, the fucking high post offense. ...aaaand suddenly any enthusiasm i had for the bball season is instantly destroyed. what a colossal fuck-up that was.

i also miss the old free board, lots of great posters and without the doog simpleton pollyanna atmosphere the pay board had. akita, tubob, dnc, etc. lots of really good posters.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,380 Founders Club
    Um, do we need a fucking basketball forum here? Jesus Christ.